Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Underwing Color (Wing Membrane Color Mod)

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Underwing Color

Np. ^^ Just glad it worked.

I'm working on the last texture now, so will probably post that later today.

Update: Shiny Scales!

Now added this texture!

Kailyr using the black variation:

That's the last texture, meaning that this mod is finally complete. I'll be poking someone with forum editing abilities to see if I can get the first post edited to look nicer *cough*Cega?*cough*, or if I can just make another thread.

Download Link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/f...DZqTUZFQVRkckU (Still the same drive, but now with everything together Updated the Read Me, too)

Your dive seems to be empty, I mean, I see the folders but wether I click on them they dont have anything inside

That's odd. I see them with I click it and all the sharing settings are right. Even the files within the folders are set to 'Anyone with the link can view' (enough for downloading). I'm not really sure what to say to help

Is anyone else getting this issue?

All working fine here hmm..

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Its working for me, though I just don't get file previews. But I love how Morrow looks with the black underwings! I did try editing the .png of the wing and it didn't display the changes in game. How would I edit it?
    Screenshot_9.jpg

You edit the .png and then, in-game, type "/aghconvert <filename>.png" with the file somewhere in your Istaria path. Then rename the converted agh file to "underwing.agh" and overwrite what you have in the file path for the underwing mod itself, which I can't remember off the top of my head. (Just follow the folder trees till you find it)

mvbhmn.jpg

This is what it looks like for me whenever I click one of the folders you have, they're empty

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    You edit the .png and then, in-game, type "/aghconvert <filename>.png" with the file somewhere in your Istaria path. Then rename the converted agh file to "underwing.agh" and overwrite what you have in the file path for the underwing mod itself, which I can't remember off the top of my head. (Just follow the folder trees till you find it)
    It worked, thank you Racktor!

UPDATE!

So with Miiraleuntryr finding out that changing a tech kit on a head scale lets you dye textures applied to your dragon, I decided to come back to this mod and expand on it a bit.

Introducing a second variation of this mod - dye compatability:
    Antique Gold

Antique Green

Antique Silver

All the specific information for this new dye version is in the read me in its folder in the original google drive link, but to put it short, this is how it works:

When a scale is teched with a visible tech kit (Champion, Phoenix, or the Hours of Frost ice mask kit), it will apply a texture to your dragon. However, since this texture is not greyscale, it keeps its colors. When you make a greyscale texture, though... suddenly this texture takes on the color of whatever dye is on your head scale!

This does mean, however, that you require one of those tech kits above (two are loyalty, one is an event) to use this version of the mod. If the devs convert the masks to the 'make a tech kit' version like the Hours of Frost one does, I'll expand it to encompass all the masks.

By default the dye version allows your markings to appear above the colored membrane rather than being hidden in my other version, but you can edit the file to hide your markings if you so prefer. (Instructions are in the read me)

The biggest update with this dye version is that it's much easier and simpler to work with, requiring only 5 raw files rather than 170. (Yes, my original mod had 170 files for all the versions; that's kind of why I didn't make more variations ) This means that...

• The mod works on your fins as well as your wings now.
    • The mod is very customizable; by commenting out or deleting a few lines in the single .def file, you can choose what you want colored and if you want your mask visible. You can turn on/off color on top of the wing, bottom of the wing, fins on the body, and fins on the head!
    • The mod is compatible with other stance mods without fiddling with .def files.

Feel free to tell me what you think and send screenshots my way! I'd love to see what it looks like on other characters.

Also, I have a few future plans for this mod overall, but I'm not entirely sure when I'll get to it:

• Reorganising the original stance version to be a lot less cluttered and easier to grab what you want while I can still update it without going insane.
    • Versions of the original mod allowing your markings to appear above or below the color on the wings.
    • Removal of Layers.def to make the mod more compatible with existing mods.

I'll see if I can bug one of the devs to redo my original post again to be more accurate and informative to the two variations.

Finally, know that this new version is still experimental and be a little buggy! Sometimes the colors disappear and you have to unequip/reequip your scale. I'm currently experiencing total texture loss on a friend's dragon which I can't pinpoint. Relogging and uninstalling my WIP version of the mod before replacing it with an official finished version fixed it, so it might be isolated. Please report any bugs to me!

I have this original mod still and it was working great until they redid the names of the stances. I was using blue and the mod worked perfectly. Now that they changed the stances to names I tried using "Primalist" in place of the color name and that did not bring it back. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Tanaros
    Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Thread Information