Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Underwing Color (Wing Membrane Color Mod)

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Underwing Color

I'm glad to hear that it fits your character so well! And that you got it working, too, considering you had issues last night. It looks great with Jarrodin, the oranges really bring out his markings! And it looks really neat on Cilok, too. I'm so late to reply to you though, Cilok, I forgot you wrote a reply. ^^;

As an update to this project I will still be working on it, albeit slowly. Last night I went through and updated the entire Google Doc structure. You can now just click on the .zip file of the color you want and then hit the 'download' button on the top bar. I thought you could download folders like I had it previously but I was wrong and it was really hard to download.

Also, the color previews are in the same folder as a .png file so you can see it much more easily now.

Yeah thanks for that change in download structure Raktor. After we talked and you made that switch I had no prob at all getting it to work. Just had to wait till my forum account was validated so I could post screenies.

Thanks again.

Lustrous gold!

Eye-bleeding blue-white!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by grpwalker View Post
    Yeah thanks for that change in download structure Raktor. After we talked and you made that switch I had no prob at all getting it to work. Just had to wait till my forum account was validated so I could post screenies.

Thanks again.
    No problem

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam
    Lustrous gold!

Eye-bleeding blue-white!
    If you're referring to the blue on Racky up in the previous pictures in this thread, yeah, it's pretty eye-burning. xD I just wanted it for visibility, I don't use that normally, trust me.

Nope.

Veruliyam needs a lustrous gold and Aucapoma needs a white so bright it looks blue.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Antonath with his yellow wings, as he should have! They almost match the chest scales, too. A fantastic mod, thanks Racktor.

horizons_1422610518.jpg

Is there any chance of getting different wing textures? The pebble top / outer on the wings doesn't really match the sleeker look of my dragon. Ooh, and did I see a reference to the neck and back fins changing, because mine don't seem to have done...
    Antonath

You know, it occurs to me that instead of pestering busy people to add things to an already great mod, I should download the tools and get of my lazy dragon behind...
    Antonath

I do indeed plan to add more textures, don't worry. Just I've been busy with other things lately than modding. I'm trying to take advantage of the double-exp as well.

The fins/frills aren't changed just yet but I plan on doing them in the future - no promises though! I want to get the wings done first.

Where ever my mate is sleeping...otherwise,wherever Murnos isn't.

I am having a small issue...some reason if I use multiple colors but change the stance trigger it still will not show another color?
    Any ideas?

Is this what's happening?

1. Download red, green, blue
    2. Assign red wing to red stance, green to green, and blue to blue by modifying the filename "aug_stance_blue" to other colors.
    3. You click red to have red wings, but clicking green doesn't change it to green.

If so, try using the neutral stance to remove the other buff first. I think I've had multiple on at one time and it worked, and I don't see why it wouldn't if you change the filenames around... Check if you have any conflicting mods, to be sure

Where ever my mate is sleeping...otherwise,wherever Murnos isn't.

I figured it out thanks....love the mod Racktor...hope you get to the other top of wing textures soon.

No as it turned out each stance was lookinf for the colors that were all named the same..I just had to do some editing is all..numbering each color and editing your stance.defs to choose the numbered color.

thanks for the mod and your help tho,Rack *winghugs*

Glad you figured it out, and glad you like the mod!

I plan to get other wing textures out, but it's a lot of boring, repetitive work and I've been sidetracked by other projects. Glad the current textures serve people well in the meantime, though!

Oh, and no problem. ^^

Update:
    I've now added in the smooth scales texture. Teikera, Sayaria, and Dorokane have that, for reference in my signature - it's the texture with the large, smooth plates as scales. It's also probably the most prevalent I've seen in Istaria, alongside the smaller-but-still-platelike shiny one that people use.

I'll try and get that shiny one done soon, but hopefully this adds a bit more variety!

Tell me if there are any bugs or stray textures in it! You'll be able to find it, along with an example picture, in the Google Drive link on the first page.
    Edit:
    Screenie of Tei with the Glowing Metal color on the new texture:
    Last edited by Racktor; May 20th, 2015 at 12:02 AM.

Update: Skin Texture
    I've now added the skin-like texture to the mix!

It looks like this:

Teikera with her texture modded to be said skin texture with the Light Purple color on:

Download Page Here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...kU&usp=sharing

Very nice! You are really getting good at this.

I likey, reminds me of this commerical when I was a kid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYEXzx-TINc
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

the white looks nice on light colors

horizons_1442601503.jpg

Hey Racktor, very nice mod, I love the idea of having wing colors that are different from the body. However, I'm having an issue setting different colors to different stances.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post

1. Download red, green, blue
    2. Assign red wing to red stance, green to green, and blue to blue by modifying the filename "aug_stance_blue" to other colors.
    3. You click red to have red wings, but clicking green doesn't change it to green.

If so, try using the neutral stance to remove the other buff first. I think I've had multiple on at one time and it worked, and I don't see why it wouldn't if you change the filenames around... Check if you have any conflicting mods, to be sure
    I've got a couple questions, as i've tried to rename the file "aug_stance_blue" to "aug_stance_red" or "aug_stance_green" but it doesn't seem to take, and the wings change color based on the recently added color, for example; I'd add light blue, purple and yellow, in that order and all the stances would take to yellow even if it was set for green. Am i doing something wrong with file naming? or does it have to specifically be Red/Blue/Green wing colors?

also which mods are currently conflicting with this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Very nice! You are really getting good at this.
    Thank you! ^^ It really isn't that hard, just time consuming as all heck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    I likey, reminds me of this commerical when I was a kid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYEXzx-TINc
    Haha, I don't think I ever saw that commercial xD Glad to hear though
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    the white looks nice on light colors
    horizons_1442601503.jpg
    Looks cute Your hatchie reminds me of ice and snow there... or it could just be Snowfall in the background. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Icestream View Post
    Hey Racktor, very nice mod, I love the idea of having wing colors that are different from the body. However, I'm having an issue setting different colors to different stances.

I've got a couple questions, as i've tried to rename the file "aug_stance_blue" to "aug_stance_red" or "aug_stance_green" but it doesn't seem to take, and the wings change color based on the recently added color, for example; I'd add light blue, purple and yellow, in that order and all the stances would take to yellow even if it was set for green. Am i doing something wrong with file naming? or does it have to specifically be Red/Blue/Green wing colors?

also which mods are currently conflicting with this one?
    Ahh crap, re-reading that post I realised I made a mistake.

When trying to install multiple colors, it's a bit more than just multiple stances. Let me explain.

Each stance has a file that is read when they're activated to see what to change on the character. For us, this means that it looks at the file and sees to "equip" a texture for the wings of the dragon. It then looks for the file, and displays it. In this case, this is the file "underwing.agh".
    You can see that in the file aug_stance_blue.def:
    Code:
    	{
    		{
    			string texFilename = "underwing.agh"	
    			string groupName = "head"	
    			string layerName = "wings"			
    			string offsetName = "dragon_head"			
    		}
    	}
    Now, when you have 3 files in there each with the stance, they all read the same thing. And they all look for "underwing.agh". I wrongly assumed they would just use the one in their own folder - it's more likely that they will use the one the game is reading currently and not change.

What you will have to do to get multiple stances, you would need to rename "underwing.agh" to something else - say, "red.agh". Now, go into the aug_stance_COLOR.def file you have and rename it there, too. As long as the names match, it's fine. Istaria might not let you save the file into the resources_override folder as a .def, though, so direct it to your desktop then drag it in and overwrite.

In my old example of red for red and green for green, you'd do this:
    Let's take red as an example:
    1. Rename aug_stance_blue.def to aug_stance_red.def
    2. Go into the file and rename "underwing.agh" to "red.agh". Save.
    3. Go into the file's folder (either "...\Red\textures_agh\characters\characters\dragon _u\clothing" or "...\Red\") and rename "underwing.agh" to "red.agh".
    4. Restart Istaria

That help? Sorry for the confusion, I had no issues with it switching colors around for whatever reason. It's guaranteed to work this way, but the other way is very iffy.

Thank you for the quick response ^^

yes it worked 100% You sir, are my hero \o/

Thread Information