Thread: Blessing of Istara ... 1:30?

Default Blessing of Istara ... 1:30?

Anyone know why Blessing of Istara was moved from a hour long buff to being 1m duration on a 1:30 recycle?

Used to play KNOC last year quite a bit, and remember Blessing of Istara being comparable to Shimmer Field from BTLM except that it was not masterable. Now I see that it's only 1m duration, so you're forced to hit it every minute thirty with thirty seconds of downtime to upkeep it. Shimmer Field is still one hour duration and is masterable.

Anyone know? Tickets have fallen on deaf ears, only confirming that this was indeed intended and not a bug (the duration).

Current:

Old:

I love how the description says "lasting" still. 1 minute is not lasting. That's a rotation.

There has to be at least one other KNOC out there who has noticed this.

Oh and Banish Armor is still broken... has been since the nerf oh so long ago. </3
    rip

Default Re: Blessing of Istara ... 1:30?

The short of it is, no, we don't know why... and it has been ranted about quite a bit... and I would also very much, strongly disagree that it was a 'good' change. If a dev would like to explain WHY it was changed, what the purpose was, then perhaps the player base would get an understanding, but there was never any communication regarding it. I never saw anyone ask for it (cause why on earth would you), there was never any mention of the change until it went live... and then the backlash. Given the small player base (and even smaller KNOC player base), it seemed as though the entire 'community' came together on that front and screamed for it to be reviewed and reversed... but alas it fell on deaf ears.

Sorry I was of no help...
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I thank you, Iuv, for your post. You give me the light in a dim grim forest.

Seriously though, yeah that's a shame.
    rip

Well I don't play knoc, and I've known for awhile that all the epic mobs were pretty much invulnerable to banish armor, which made it useless really.

But to see that now it gets removed after 10 hits, I don't see any reason whatsoever for any mob in game to be immune to that.

As far as the blessing goes, it looks like a nice buff, but I agree that something you have to mash every 90 seconds just for a buff is not very well thought out.

How about changing it to take up a gift slot and conflict with gift of armor and gift of health, last 2 hours, cast on self only (Like Dragon's gift)? You give up 2 gifts, but stop having to worry about buffing with it.

As those abilities currently sit, that is a class I will tell people not to even touch with a 10 foot cedar log. Which is kinda sad.

How about changing it to take up a gift slot and conflict with gift of armor and gift of health, last 2 hours, cast on self only (Like Dragon's gift)? You give up 2 gifts, but stop having to worry about buffing with it.

I think this is a reasonable suggestion. I have been considering whether all 1-2 hour buffs should take up gift slots. They are, afterall, the same as Gifts.

But to see that now it gets removed after 10 hits, I don't see any reason whatsoever for any mob in game to be immune to that.

This is also a reasonable suggestion that I will consider.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Awesome!

*now I might have to finish knoc on my 3rd biped....*

Dragon != Biped.

Why can't Blessing of Istara just simply be reverted to how it was before, for ages past when it worked?

Banish Armor is a lost cause, there will never be a fix for it.
    rip

Thread Information