Thread: Dragon Lair Silos (new unique silo ideas)

Default Dragon Lair Silos (new unique silo ideas)

I would like to suggest a new unique type of dragon lair silo. I always hear how eveyone complains how much space a silio can take up pending on it's tier. There are some who like to have plenty of storage without having to sacrafice so much space. Normally any dragon lair silo past teir 1 takes up more then 1 floor in a lair (especially those big t3-t6 silos that are so long and deep. I have an idea to make silos for dragons far more convenient to have in a lair then before, I'm talking a whole new breed of silos.

These silos will be much the same as the the current ones. But instead of them taking up more then 1 floor in a lair, it only takes up 1! Yes im taking about 1 floor no more. These silos are much the same as the current ones, but instead of taking up more then one floor they all take up only 1 floor (the current floor you placed it on)
    so for examle (for those who don't get the idea) you know how the tier 6 silo is so long and takes up 2-3 floors in a lair? Well picture a silo exactly like that, but instead of taking up 2-3 floors in a lair it only takes up one floor (like the t1 silo) however to make it fair, logical, and provide appropriate ballance these silos should have a smaller capacity then the original ones since they do not run as deep as the original silos we currently have. However I am not saying to replace the current silos with these new silos I am suggesting to add them to the list of lair structures so that the player with have the option to chose if they want it or an original silo.

I'm saying to add these new silos to the list of lair structures, I've even come up with a name so that the player doesn't get confused between silo types here's an example (tier 6 Lunus Storage Lite, tier 5 Helian storage Lite, Tier 4 Lunus Storage Lite, Tier 3 Helian Storage Lite, teir 2 Lunus Storage Lite {Lite is fancy for Light or Lighter version of the orginal thing}). So if yur building a crafting lair only then you'll obviously use the original silos we have now, however people like me who would like to add a decorative touch to thier lair like a Hall or Grand Hall, Lair, or Library. Then these new silos I am suggesting would help alot.

Again they all take up only 1 level in a lair like the tier 1 silo does. So yu dont have to worry about space. So with this new breed of silos that I came up with you'll be able to have a t6 storage but it will have less storage capacity but only take up 1 level in a lair like all t1 lair structures do. However should the developers accept my idea, I leave it to them to decide the storage capacities and the lair shapping materials required to complete these structures. However I do have a suggested list of the capacites for these silos, keep in mind since they are limited to 1 floor only, thier capacities will less then the orginal t2-t6 silos. They will both come in Lunus and Helian as well. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS MY SUGGESTION IM NOT A DEV OR A PERSON WITH ISTARIA IM ONLY A PLAYER

T2: 1 stacks 32000 bulk
    T3: 1 stacks 45000 bulk
    T4: 1 stacks 54000 bulk
    T5: 1 stacks 65000 bulk
    T6: 1 stacks 75000 bulk

please note that these are suggested sizes for the new unique silos. However I leave it to the devs to decide that should they take my idea. I hope they do because these new silos will help alot of players struggling with space issues with their plots, not being able to fit any useful silos without interfering with thier planed layout and forcing the player to make sacrafices that he/she doesnt want to. It would be helpfull to have these silos for they would benifit players struggling with issues not being able to fit in a proper silo.

Also these new silos would help prevent wasted space. Instead of having a hallway full of decortive murrals where a t6 silo that you planned to put there wouldnt fit due to structures below it that prevent you from placing it there, you could put in a t6 silo that only takes up one floor, not needing that space below it adding more storage space and convenience to your lair. Especially those who plan on having large halls, lairs, structures, or even a grand hall in your lair, then this new breed of silos I came up with would benifit you if you'd like your lair to have convenient storage space as well as no wasted space, meaning even more convenience for you.

Think about it for a moment think how this new breed of silos would benifit your lair. Just think of the added storage space you'll have and can turn those empty hallways into a storage that you can benifit from. Now you can fit a t6 storage and it doesnt take up any space below it. How good of a convenience is that? Think about it. You too devs. Take a moment and think. I would also like everyone's opinion on this as well. Tell me what you think about this new breed of silos. Tell me how they would benifit you and your lair. I would like to hear from everyone. Tell me and share your thoughts :)
    Last edited by Feruda; December 21st, 2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Spacing needed
    FerudaPurplePenDragon

Default Re: Dragon Lair Silos (new unique silo ideas)

A suggestion for your suggestion. Walls o text are HARD to read. Break it up a bit, you might get more feedback other than my useless thoughts.

Just saying,
    Mim

I appreciate the feed back. I will correct that now for everyone's convenience as for the suggestion its a good one, I've noticed issues with lair silos so I'd thought I'd share my ideas.
    Last edited by Feruda; December 21st, 2014 at 10:20 AM.
    FerudaPurplePenDragon

The answer to your problem is a larger lair and consigner.

It's common practice to substitute silos with a consigner to cycle goods and load up vaults.
    rip

Your not seeing the convenience of these silos. They help prevent wasted space and add more storage to your lair. I think they should do this. As for using the consignment for storage, that isnt free you know. That will cost you alot considering the amount yu want to stash and set a high price so that no one else buys it. Which is why I'm saying these silos will help alot. It's simply better and less coin consuming for those who have a hard time getting coin and would like to fill in empty space in a lair and add more storage. Or turn a hallway of unessesary murrals or corridors into a convenient storage facility. Therefore I have to disagree with you in my general opinion.
    FerudaPurplePenDragon

compared to the current silos, your numbers aren't far away from them:

Tier 1: 20000 bulk
    Tier 2: 32000 bulk
    Tier 3: 44000 bulk
    Tier 4: 56000 bulk
    Tier 5: 68000 bulk
    Tier 6: 80000 bulk

so you want to achieve nearly the same but without the disadvantage of a Silo room using more than 1 floor *scritches head*

Instead of having a hallway full of decortive murrals
    I have several galleries in my lair
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

I've suggested in the past, an alternate version of the tier 2 silo. The existing tier 2 silo is 1 wide, 1 deep, 2 tall. 2 blocks basically. The alternate version would be 1 wide, 2 deep, 1 tall. Same capacity, does not replace the existing t2 silo, but is available as a separate choice. I got unused space in my lair that I could have used if I could place a deeper silo.

As far as the rest of your suggestion, I would simplify it, and suggest flat versions of the t3 to t6 silos. And that's basically what my old t2 silo suggestion was. Just take all the existing t3 to t6 silos, and rotate it 90 degrees. keep it the same physical size, same number of blocks of lairspace used, same bulk, etc. just make a flat version instead of a tall version.

Dues to the constraints of the existing silo choices, my lair is all t1 silos, with only 2 tier 3 ones where I could fit them. The t1 being a single block was always easiest to plan. The multilevel silos are more difficult to fit and plan for. And honestly take up too much physical room to be worth it to me. I could have used a flat t2 silo, and if these were added, I have some t1 silos I could take out and put the t2 in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I've suggested in the past, an alternate version of the tier 2 silo. The existing tier 2 silo is 1 wide, 1 deep, 2 tall. 2 blocks basically. The alternate version would be 1 wide, 2 deep, 1 tall. Same capacity, does not replace the existing t2 silo, but is available as a separate choice. I got unused space in my lair that I could have used if I could place a deeper silo.

As far as the rest of your suggestion, I would simplify it, and suggest flat versions of the t3 to t6 silos. And that's basically what my old t2 silo suggestion was. Just take all the existing t3 to t6 silos, and rotate it 90 degrees. keep it the same physical size, same number of blocks of lairspace used, same bulk, etc. just make a flat version instead of a tall version.

Dues to the constraints of the existing silo choices, my lair is all t1 silos, with only 2 tier 3 ones where I could fit them. The t1 being a single block was always easiest to plan. The multilevel silos are more difficult to fit and plan for. And honestly take up too much physical room to be worth it to me. I could have used a flat t2 silo, and if these were added, I have some t1 silos I could take out and put the t2 in their place.
    Thats exactly like me. I have all t1 silos and 1 t2 and 2 t3 but thats all I can fit in my lair. Im taking about flat silos exactly what you said. They don't take up any space above or below it. Which is why I'm suggesting this because it would help alot of players with their lairs. As my lair stands I could fit 2 t3 flat silos, and replace all my t1s with t2 flat silos and for those other areas of unessesary hallways I could fit in 2 t6 flat silos. All that space will not be wasted. And to add on top of that ALL silos take up so much room but can only have one allowable stacks. If silos could have more allowable stacks that would improve the efficiency of silos considering how much space they take up. Its not worth taking all that space where yu can have 100k bulk and 1 stack max.

To me thats a total waste of space, same goes for t2-t6 silos we have now in lairs. Its a total space waster. Which is why people are replacing silosnwith halls, lairs, shrines, vaults, because all these have a high bulk capacity and lots of allowable stacks. Which is why I have a Grand Hall and a T2 hall with a t2 lair as well cause I can store more items there not just 1 and lots of the same material. Its more convenient then a silo. If only silos could be as convenient, that would help alot.

I wonder why the developers won't do that. It would help alot if silos could atleast have up to 10 allowable stacks so you could store plenty of materials in it and others as well, considering how much space they take up. Why would it be worth putting in a t6 silo that can have only 1 allowable stack and over 100k bulk storage. Thats a waste of space too. If silos had atleast 10 allowable stacks so yu could store more then just one material in them then it would be worth having higher tier silos. Why do you think everyone is building t1 silos in their lairs all the time? Obviously because they can store more resources since silos can have 1 stack only so a bunch of t1 silos solves the problem but takes up space. I have a whole floor in my lair full of t1 silos, I call it my warehouse. I can store 7 different materials here and lots of them. Then why not turn that into a silo that stores alot and has 10 allowable stacks.saves space and ups efficiency. As well as flat silos with similar abilities. This is something ALL silos in istaria need. We have to up thier efficiency so that no wasted space will no longer be an issue.

Which is why I am suggesting we make silos have up to 10 allowable stacks and add the new flat silos I suggested on top of that. We would have the original silos with thier current capacities with 10 allowable stacks and my new suggested flat silos with half the capacity of each tier of the original silos and 5 allowable stacks. This new sytems of silos would benefit all dragon lairs and provide convenient storge without wasted space. The developers should consider this because in my general opinion this would help solve storage issues in dragon lairs once and for all.
    Last edited by Feruda; December 22nd, 2014 at 10:20 PM.
    FerudaPurplePenDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    compared to the current silos, your numbers aren't far away from them:

Tier 1: 20000 bulk
    Tier 2: 32000 bulk
    Tier 3: 44000 bulk
    Tier 4: 56000 bulk
    Tier 5: 68000 bulk
    Tier 6: 80000 bulk

so you want to achieve nearly the same but without the disadvantage of a Silo room using more than 1 floor *scritches head*

I have several galleries in my lair
    Please note these are only examples. Im still trying to think how much each flat silo can store. Thats my first ideas but I was thinking about making flat silos have 50% (half) of what the current silos can store. That would be better considering that they are smaller then thier cousins the silos we have now. But I'm sure if the developers take my idea into consideration, they would appropriately size out how much each tier of flat silos can store and what is needed to build them. Im just trying to get everyone here to get the idea.

These silos would help you also. You could turn those corridors of murrals into a efficient storage facility. I also have the same issue as you. All that extra space is turned into a gallery for murrals since I cannot fit anything higher then a t1 storage. Which is why I am saying these flat silos would benefit us all and save alot of space in a lair and prevent wasted space as well. Therefore we all benefit with these flat silos and I am positive all the other dragons with lairs will also benifit. Everyone does.

But you can chose between a crafting only lair or a crafting/decortive lair like mine which is what these flat silos are intednded for as well since some people want to have a decorative lair as well as a crafting lair as well. Which makes sence why they would prefer to have flat silos in their lairs since all the halls and lairs above or below take up too much space and therefore cant fit a t2-t6 silo that we have now. But a flat version of those would fix this problem easy. I can guarantee to you now that these silos will benfit your lair big time. You will enjoy the convenience of good storage that can easily fit in your lair, serving as a good warehouse to store your raw materials for crafting. Crafting lairs my still obviously ise the current silos but people like me would prefer to have flat silos.
    FerudaPurplePenDragon

Another thing I'd to point out to everyone veiwing this thread. These new silos will save you alot of money as well. Some people who make a lair like mine prefer to have 2 lairs. Make your main lair as is and your second one a warehouse. This will cost you 2x more in subscriptions and in game money. Since you have to have another property holder subscription and lots of gold coins to cover those telleport fees that add up overtime while you lairshape and build your lair and bring in building materials, and to add on top of that its time consuming also and not many players have that kind of time to invest on a game since they are busy with real life matters. This new breed of silos also save you alot of time too.

The reason why someone would do this is due to the lack of storage and the fact that a t2-t6 silo will not fit in your desired lair type or layout. But a flat silo will. These flat silos will not only save you space in a lair and up your storage facilities, they will also save alot of money for those who plan on having a main lair and a warehouse lair and it also saves you alot of time too. With these flat silos you'll have far more convenience and enjoy this convenient storage in 1 main home that is the lair you love to call home sweet home. This is why I am saying that these new silos will benefit us all. I see positive results and impacts on lairs causing less stress and issues planning out a lair. This new breed of silos benefits us all. So think about it. Support this suggestion. You will love these new silos.
    Last edited by Feruda; December 22nd, 2014 at 10:53 PM.
    FerudaPurplePenDragon

Thread Information