Thread: Lore Question

Default Lore Question

I hope this is the right board...

Anyway, I have some lore questions surrounding the epic mobs.
    To keep it simple, I've been thinking of making some simple 2D animations, some silly, some serious, and I would love to make one about either Reklar or Valkor, heck perhaps even Shaloth. (oooor, maggot lord?? *hatchling eyes*)
    However, I was wondering if there is any place where I can read the lore surrounding them, I know Shaloth has a long questline that basicly explains her situation...a bit, but I would love to go deeper! (if possible) same goes for Reklar and Valkoth, they're 2 of my favourite epics, but there's just so little info on both of them.

So yeah, is there any out-of-game place where I can read lore?

Default Re: Lore Question

Valkor:
    This thread

General Reklar Plaguebearer:
    Dargor tells you, 'Oh, yes... General Reklar Plaguebearer. A monster is the best way I could describe him. Certainly no longer a dragon, even if he was still alive. He is an undead beast, spreading death wherever he goes. My brother and I have followed his movements for many years and studied his past. He was once a Lieutenant of Malganival Lunus himself! But Reklar was killed in a small battle called the Battle of Bayn Hill by humans led by Ashlander Vandus. His spirit must have been captured by the powers of the Withered Aegis from wherever it went after death, because he returned many years later to fight in the invasion of our lands. We lost track of him for a time after the Battle of Tazoon, but with the re-opening of the Gate of Embers and the return of the Council of Ancients as well as Relstaroth the Lairshaper, Reklar has again re-appeared to wreak havoc among the dragons of Istaria.'

I hope this helps
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    Valkor:
    This thread

General Reklar Plaguebearer:
    Dargor tells you, 'Oh, yes... General Reklar Plaguebearer. A monster is the best way I could describe him. Certainly no longer a dragon, even if he was still alive. He is an undead beast, spreading death wherever he goes. My brother and I have followed his movements for many years and studied his past. He was once a Lieutenant of Malganival Lunus himself! But Reklar was killed in a small battle called the Battle of Bayn Hill by humans led by Ashlander Vandus. His spirit must have been captured by the powers of the Withered Aegis from wherever it went after death, because he returned many years later to fight in the invasion of our lands. We lost track of him for a time after the Battle of Tazoon, but with the re-opening of the Gate of Embers and the return of the Council of Ancients as well as Relstaroth the Lairshaper, Reklar has again re-appeared to wreak havoc among the dragons of Istaria.'

I hope this helps
    it sure does Phar, thank you very much!! any info on the Battle of Tazoon too? I remember small things about it...but not a whole lot hehe.

I could try to get the information about the battle of Tazoon out of the Official Strategy Guide. But will need a bit for that
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)

Doesn't Ryson Stormbringer on Spirit Island have a bit to say about the Battle of Tazoon?

After all, he blew the crater in the Barasavian Dessert near there.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

A great text. This must have been in a time when Ryson was on one of the old Training Islands because he says dragons to the left and others to the right.

Thread Information