Thread: Question on optimising crafting XP

Default Question on optimising crafting XP

Hi folks,

Long time player returned after a rest

I've picked up crafting my Armorer class, all going well so far. I have been carefully upping the item I con/decon to ensure I am creating the best item I am optimal at. But I twigged today to the fact that I am using more bars for forms as I go up in optimal levelling. Here is an example: at level 71 ARM I checked the following:

Item # items bars / item total bars xp xp / bar
    Chestguard 50 12 600 71000 118.3333333
    Gauntlets 50 8 400 59300 148.25
    Belt 50 6 300 46100 153.6666667

I just got to optimal on Chestguards, but by my calculations I am getting less xp per bar because the items I am making at higher levels consume more bars. Even taking into account the number of bars I get back, the rate is the same - crafting Belts gives me better xp per bar than crafting chestguards. Because Belts use half the number of bars, for the same 600 bars that I can use to create Chestguards, I would get 92,200 xp for two loads of belts instead of 71,000 xp for one load of chestguards.

Can anyone confirm/deny my summation? Am I better off making the highest level item I am optimal at that uses the least amount of resources to create?

EDIT: Aha but there is the diminishing xp to take into account... at level 72, my xp returned for belts was 44300 which makes the new xp/bar 148. Still better value though at the moment..

StalePopcorn
    Last edited by StalePopcorn; January 6th, 2015 at 12:00 PM. Reason: More xp results
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Default Re: Question on optimising crafting XP

It's usually the best con/decon creating items with the lowest amount of resources. For most crafting schools it's those items using 6 (maximum 8) units resources (bars/bricks/boards...) calculated on experience points per unit. For Confectioner, Alchemist and Enchanter you need other tactics.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

As Terao said, the best forms to exp grind off of are going to be the 6:3 forms at opt.

Resources are your best exp gains in the whole load process.
    rip

Hi stalepopcorn :-) Armorer you say? Mithril Ringmail Belts and Bracers best there is to 100.

OPT Note:
    One thing to keep in mind is that when your deconning tools sometimes it may look like the higher tool is better for instance lower tool is 325 (6 bricks) opt and upper is 375 (8 bricks) opt. Your skill is at 375 but remember even though your at 375 your burning more bricks, bars or boards... etc. There is an easy way to test this when you think your ready to move up to the next tier of tool. Simply figure out what those two numbers go into 6 and 8 which is 24, then decon 4 of the 6 tool and 3 of the 8 tool which would be 24 bricks for each and then look at your xp for both, the highest XP is the best to use.

Typically you start with the item that is 6 units at opt, then move to 8 when its time at that point generally it's time to jump tiers the only exception to this rule is when your doing T5 and no tier to jump to. At this point is the only time will you see benefit to the items which take 10 or even 12 units like you mentioned on your chestplate.

Yes your right you're going to get less xp per bar doing an item 12 units opt. Your doing Cobalt? Time to get some gear maybe and move up to Mithril.
    -Kor

Thanks folks - that answered my question perfectly 6 and 8 at optimal it is!
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Thread Information