Thread: Plot resizing

Default Plot resizing

Any more plots being resized?

What were the minimum dimensions plots were being pushed to? (not talking about RCI- or L size category)

Need more 100x100+ plots plox.
    Last edited by Dracillion; January 9th, 2015 at 01:08 PM.
    rip

Default Re: Plot resizing

Well, wipe out all your Harton valley plots, so they can put a 120x120 there That would be pretty cool if you built a huge nice plot just for the fun of it. No machines, everyone has machines. No silo farm. just a big giant, fun plot.

I wiped all my plots the other night. HV is gone.

Right now I just have Spire's Gate, my only plot, and yeah it's just human structures that rarely get used and a large vault. Enough to help mule.

Yeah I like the largest size plots because you have space and can actually make a little town out of it, complete. I've tried many many many times to do something similar with smaller plots, an entire settlement, but for numerous technical reasons it just doesn't turn out as I hope. Arua, Tishlar, Dryart, Morathaven, Winter's Peak ... all too small plots.

Really should just up plots all around, so at least we get spaced out players. Everyone is hubbed around the largest plots. No one, except maybe a few others I know who have disposable income to dump into a stupid amount of subs, will ever occupy these smaller <70x70 plots. I mean sure some get used, but there is settlement after settlement that is leveled. The only reason you'd find anything in any of them is because of legacy buildings people do not want to lose.

Edit: HV has a floating T2 GH from before resizing. I built it up and now it's a public storage.

The largest plots should be the ones farthest away from pads/portals. There has to be an incentive to these. We're not bidding on plots anymore.
    Last edited by Dracillion; January 9th, 2015 at 04:20 PM.
    rip

yes- more big plots pls.

We are happy with one 130/130-and two 80/80- one in Mia`s (nearly deserted) other in Aiya (almost empty)-or Heather- make there few -but BIG plots- there are many other settlements which have plots with space to be resized (from what I can see)
    Lets have our settlements build up again and filled with life !

Guaran,Drac- take a look at our big plot (Acul on Order) if you like^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Hehe I saw your plots during your holiday festival before my trip.

Yeah Acul is a nice area, lot of >100x100 plots and a 130x130, unfreakingbelievable.

Brandon's Shelf isn't too far off with side by side >100x100's.

So many areas within the Dalimond Peninsula especially, Heart, King's Cross, etc. that would be awesome with larger plots.

People want their most for their money understandably, they won't want a small plot. By resizing these settlements, we'll also get more usefulness out of the surrounding areas resources. All in all, win.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    So many areas within the Dalimond Peninsula especially, Heart, King's Cross, etc. that would be awesome with larger plots...By resizing these settlements, we'll also get more usefulness out of the surrounding areas resources. All in all, win.
    I would agree with that.

i never buy a plot smaller than 80x80...which has made plot finding a lot of trouble. thank god chaos mia's edge has only a couple people. 50x50 serve nice for small settlements (like i understand in nuthala for example, it's either small plots or no plots because unless you delete the two plots nearer the entry path and move the path towards the ridge, there's no room to expand. but this is in very very few regions). I

ideally, where possible, i think the minimum plot size should be around 60x60. MINIMUM. of course of more oblong plots maybe...40x70 minimum. i don't work with long plots so i'm not quite sure what's small. 40x40 is good for beginning and not really knowing where to start and that's it. 50x50 is like "it's the only plot left on the shard" kinda size but as said, we're a small population it's hard to fill a single settlement that isn't harro these days.

I can see how a lot of 100x100< plots may seem a lil too big, like that's small village size, but we need enough room for more than three shops a vault and a few silos :P

personally i'd like to request another oblong plot at central valley- haha what am i saying. one day one of those plots will be free.

Any plans for resizing South Gate?

Dryart would be a good place to resize plots. (is abandoned atm...)

One other thing to consider is what if we get lots of new players, and not enough plot, then what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    One other thing to consider is what if we get lots of new players, and not enough plot, then what happens?
    The same thing that happened originally. Bidding, no plots, etc. What answer did you expect?

I doubt all the plots will ever be used up. The last time I can remember an actual war over plots was about a decade ago.

If plots were going to become that scarce it probably would've already happened. Lairs on the other hand, I believe could be taken up with as many dragons around. Quite a few times in NT or in dragon channel you hear players saying they won't buy a lair because of its dimensions.
    rip

We know that crafting is the cornerstone of this game. Along with plot resizing, revamping existing structures would be a huge boon for players as well. Walls are in need of a revamp to be utilized properly, and so many legacy buildings could be brought back. Not sure why some were removed to begin with.

There are tons of structures that are sitting around, never being used. Take the old castle structure for example. You've already got it in game, and could be used by probably any ~120x120 plot (wasn't Izzon's Crest set for it?). Even if the walls didn't keep monsters at bay and make it worthless for defensive purposes, it still would be awesome to build! It's like the next step up from a GGH for a guild project.

The issue originally with plots that made the new guild settlements so appealing were the sizes, and the fact they could be reserved for a guild as long as one owns the master plot. This late in the game, it's time to step it up once more and raise the dimensions again, not just in guild settlements but regular settlements as well.

Like flooring, the footprints of some of these structures could be changed, giving you more bang for the buck. It would be up to the player then how much of an overlap they would want on some structures, or what is accessible if it's something interactive (like storage, silo, etc.). Some of the spacing on these footprints waste so much.

Edit: Another long term thing to consider wise is the subscription base. Many players are still subbed to the game due to their lairs and plots. Granted they aren't active players, however, it's additional income for the company. More money, more resources, more things. You've got maybe 1? 2 people dedicated on this game full time? With part time in house ops and sourced out tasks, it's all over the place. I'm sure the additional funding wouldn't hurt.
    Last edited by Dracillion; January 10th, 2015 at 09:42 PM.
    rip

The castle won't work, the system simply isn't designed or setup for building it piece by piece like you would a lair. And the model itself is in horrid shape last time I loaded it (which was in 2005 I think).

Currently all of our efforts (including art) are focused on the T3 revamp. The walls can't easily be resized to more standard units unfortunately. They would have to be remodeled. We looked into that a few years back.

As for resizing plots we can put another pass on our schedule. The problem we ran into last time and likely will again in many cases is that if a plot is owned on one shard we can't do a lot with it. We can increase the size if there is room, but sometimes there are things that intervene, like other plots, nearby lairs, etc. We won't be making every plot 100x100 or larger. Never going to happen.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

PLease consider resizing Dryart. Empty plots on both shards. Turn those eastern small plots into 2 big plots and remove the pillar between. Stretch western plots a bit..

I think it might be a good idea to go through and do some more resizing.

Any chance this time around, there could be some interesting plot sizes? And not all exactly north-south aligned? It was awful what happened to shepherd mountain, those plots that all got rotated in the last resizing....

I'm thinking maybe a long rectangular plot on some of the shores where its just a bunch of tiny plots that no one buys. Example is the plots on lesser aradoth just south of the bridge over to Sable Shores. How about a single long rectangular plot, instead of 4 or 5 little ones? Would need to figure out how to plan plots that are not exactly north-south aligned to do something like this in that spot... Please don't go modifying the beach so that it is exactly north-south and then put a plot there... it makes it look fake and seem less real, especially when you can see the patterns like that on the map. There has to be a way to put plots in that are rotated off the n-s axis, cause we used to have them. L shaped plots? There are a few spots where something like that might fit nicely.

Also, any chance some lairs could get widened? I'd love it if my lair in Harmony was wider, I have no room for the newer rooms like tavern, and wouldn't mind putting in a t6 connie and pawn. Would need a widening to do that. (2 units, on 2 sides or so)

One last thing, in Harro, there used to be a path back to the teleporter, when coming from the landing pad, where it was almost a straight shot and it had a road. That portion got shaved off when the plot below was enlarged. Would it be possible to put in a rock overhang back up top, so that the same run could be made? You could use rocks jutting out of the mountain to run across, and the plot below would be unaffected. Oh and Delgarath has a terrain rip, right by the guard shack on the west side.
    Last edited by Guaran; January 14th, 2015 at 01:58 AM.

I'd love to see the plots in Four Corners get resized. I need neighbors!
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

I think this needs another look as we are losing people and not many players are plot subs, alot of the plots in Genevia and other guild and settlement plots are just not being used and seems like a waste of land that could be used for monsters or high end content. Has the devs ever considered getting rid of alot of the plots and making a new zone (like doom is a zone that you dont see from main map) for plots, and return the land back to future monsters, events or content?

Is resizing still considered?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Thread Information