Thread: too much crashing

Default too much crashing

too frustrating! this game with its random ctd is just crazy. we'd be milestones ahead if this game didn't crash. seems the solution to it is to buy a ~2003 rig and throw xp on it, as everyone running them have zero problems.

rip

Default Re: too much crashing

I used to crash on my old XP computer too, but yes I have noticed all the newer systems Vista, and newer have gotten worse. well I suppose it IS a very old game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    I used to crash on my old XP computer too, but yes I have noticed all the newer systems Vista, and newer have gotten worse. well I suppose it IS a very old game.
    I'm going to go against the stream here, back when I played on my windows 7 laptop, I experienced 3-4 crashes a day, sometimes less if I was lucky.
    However, ever since I upgraded to Windows 8, it's 1 a day on bad days.

I tried running game on my old HP laptop, with 32-bit XP Pro. Did the usual brute methods to recause a crash, and sure enough, it did. It crashed as frequently as my Windoze 7 rig.

This laptop was bought around 2004 from CompUSA, everything on it stock, nothing fancy, and actually was formatted time before last I used, so it's clean and minimal (aside from the crap HP throws on it) since I intended to originally get rid of it.

Cega told me about the Blight update so giving that a shot. Addicted to this game, but ********, so frustrating when you crash SO much. Rabble rabble rabble rabble
    rip

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Did the Blight client improve the ctd situation? I'm sort of bordering on downloading it also.

Some players tell me that one or more of following game video settings in game options can reduce frequency of crashes:

1. View distance at 1/2 of slider or less (set to min for needed view distance).

2. It Terrain clutter enabled, again set distance to minimum you need for satisfactory effect.

3. Uncheck Cloth simulation if that block is checked.

4. Shadow detail set to "blob" or turn off.

5. Uncheck "Enable object fading" (to disable object fading),

Hope this helps.

Knossos

Unchecking DECALS is helpful too with little seen effect. It's all the little building decals that have to populate around cities.

Thread Information