Thread: Attuned Formula - Beginner Dexterity Headscale

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Attuned Formula - Beginner Dexterity Headscale

I can't say much to this other than the fact there is literally no reason for this single formula in a wave of formulas to be attuned. A mistake I'm sure, but an amusing one.

Also I don't know whether it's better to report things on the forums or in a ticket. Both work for me but I feel a ticket is for much more important matters than random attuned things. Have I thought wrong or?

Default Re: Attuned Formula - Beginner Dexterity Headscale

Is it a purchased formula or looted? There's no reason for a purchased formula to be tradeable. You can re-buy the item any time you wish or give coin to someone else to buy it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Easier to buy the form and transfer on your own plot with 1 account then to trust someone else with coin.

I thought that was the purpose of some structures to begin with.
    rip

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Is it a purchased formula or looted? There's no reason for a purchased formula to be tradeable. You can re-buy the item any time you wish or give coin to someone else to buy it.
    I have no idea. I only noticed it was attuned because I took it out of one library and went to put it into another just to find out it's attuned. I have no use for it on my main character anymore - I have all the formulas there. I just wanted to store it in my library for other crafter or friends who have my lair available to access. Attuned basic formulas like that is a little nuts to be honest - I want to be able to use my libraries for things I pick up! Whether bought or not, I like to store my extra stuff. I might've gotten it at a time where it dropped, though - I don't know. I think Dexterity forms can be bought though as I know I can buy chestplates.

Edit: Indeed the rest of the set is attuned from what I can see. I must have picked it up when it dropped I suppose. I still find it a little weird that some common formulas can't be put into storages.

Good to know at least. I buy formulas on my main characters then give them to my alts that don't have the coin for it. Is attuning the bought formulas really necessary? They're not special or anything and it's not like you're going to be cheating by trading it.
    Last edited by Racktor; January 16th, 2015 at 02:01 AM.

This is not a new subject, please see:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...n-plot-storage

IMHO this falls into the category of annoyances that eventually are in some number accumulated a game breaker (as in the last straw to break a Camel's back) for an otherwise dedicated player. We need to keep all of the players we reasonably can...

Knossos

Quebec (Canada) // Ota'fakag, Trandalar (Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I just wanted to store it in my library for other crafter or friends who have my lair available to access. Attuned basic formulas like that is a little nuts to be honest - I want to be able to use my libraries for things I pick up! Whether bought or not, I like to store my extra stuff. .

Edit: Indeed the rest of the set is attuned from what I can see. I must have picked it up when it dropped I suppose. I still find it a little weird that some common formulas can't be put into storages.

Good to know at least. I buy formulas on my main characters then give them to my alts that don't have the coin for it. Is attuning the bought formulas really necessary? They're not special or anything and it's not like you're going to be cheating by trading it.
    I got to agree on this. I do the same thing: store stuff in my lair/vault to give to alts or friends that don't have it. If they are attuned, what use are all those storare rooms a.k.a the Library, etc? :/ I would understand an epic loot to be attuned but those small formulaes I think it is unecessary and unfair.
    Order shard
    Levanan: Ancient Helian drake - 100/100/28 ~ Navkiren: Ancient Lunus drake ~ Nordis: Adult Helian dragoness ~ Sarwulf: Hatchling ~ Aithne: Hatchling
    DeviantArt: Iceveyns

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    uhhh- WHAT??????
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    This is not a new subject, please see:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...n-plot-storage

IMHO this falls into the category of annoyances that eventually are in some number accumulated a game breaker (as in the last straw to break a Camel's back) for an otherwise dedicated player. We need to keep all of the players we reasonably can...

Knossos
    There`s nothing more to say!

i don't much see the point, but if you want to use your storage space on formulas that are easily obtainable I can revert it. had only done through D of beginner formulas. Quested formulas won't be changed though.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you Amon!

I know- its sometimes hard to understand players- and the little things they are willing to fight for-
    on the other hand- we sometimes do not understand devs either^^

Huzzah!

Fight the machine!
    rip

If something doesn't need to be attuned, it shouldn't be attuned.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I'm a bit surprised to see my fellow players getting so torqued by this. I'm with the developer's original intent on this, with one proviso: That any formula that is available on a vendor (and thus, attuned on acquire) is totally removed from the loot tables, so that there is NEVER any chance of it being looted.

The way I see it, my storage space is extraordinarily finite and limited. I certainly do not want to waste any of that valuable space, on forms that can be easily purchased by any player who wishes to buy them. Marking vended forms as attuned is a good flag to me, that I don't need to store that particular form. Like-wise, if I am looting forms - and the proviso stated above actually is in effect - then I can happily go ahead and stash the forms away, knowing that I am saving something that can't be bought.

To my fellow players who would argue that they want to provide newbies/alts/guild-mates with vended forms, I say this: Instead of worrying about giving an attuned form away (although there IS a way to pass an attuned object to another player), simply give them the coin to buy the item themselves - I have yet to hear of a vender that won't sell basic items to anyone. Money, in-game is currently stupid-easy to get, and the most expensive forms are only in the 100-200 silver range to the best of my knowledge...you can make that much in just minutes, easily.

Amon, please consider this my voice chiming in, in favor of keeping vended forms attuned (and making sure they stay off of the loot tables).

My pair of coppers....

Vendor forms are never in the loot tables, whether attuned or not. I like the formulatron for getting the drop only beginner dragon forms. Jman and Experts a bit pricey to 'gamble' for the form you want. Formulatron will not give a vendor form either, only something in loot table. Off topic, just tossing that out there.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Would be fun transferring money to an alt on the same account with one sub.

A form in a shared plot structure is better.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    Would be fun transferring money to an alt on the same account with one sub.
    That's what consigning a very basic resource at an outrageous price is for. ;-)

Thread Information