Thread: Quest item drop rate

Default Quest item drop rate

If this is working a intended move it to rants.

My character Burnadette spent two nights completing the quest Relics of a Dead People by killing sand crabs on Talinis. I’m wondering if the drop rate of the required Massive Relics is what it’s supposed to be. I kept track of the drops during a run
    of 490 Sand Crab kills. They were:

103 Small Relics
    50 Medium Relics
    29 Large Relics
    2 Massive Relics (Crab#432 and Crab#490) 431 duds in a row.

That’s a lot of crabs . If anyone needs Sand Crab Shells of Sand Crab Pincers for comps I put a bunch on the NT connie .

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: Quest item drop rate

From what I remember they are almost on levels. The island is split into 4 tier levels and each favours a certain type of Relic drop.
    Small on the bottom tier and massive on the top tier (also massive/large drop from the boss mob who respawns quite quickly)
    There is still a chance to get any relic from any tier but mostly you got the ones you wanted from each tier.
    Last edited by Sindala; January 21st, 2015 at 07:23 AM. Reason: spelling...

The chances to drop are pretty much in line with the quantities you need for the quest. I can find no evidence of the "tier structure" as Sindala suggested. The level 94-96 Sand Crabs and the named Crab Carcinus are the only ones with a chance of dropping the Relics, though, and it looks like from the numbers you killed that you were killing both the lower and higher levels. I can take another look at the quest and make sure there's some indication that the lower level crabs won't drop the relics if it doesn't already say so. But, like I said, in general the drop rates are in line with the quantities needed for the quest.

The first 250 kills were almost exclusively in the two top areas. I killed the named about every 20 kills. After that I started running the whole island in a loop. I didn't notice any difference in the loot drops except for the named who had a much better chance for a double drop. Maybe it was just hard luck. Drop rates can be very unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrolf View Post
    Drop rates can be very unfair.
    Random number generator.. can go your way or not. Will vary over time. Could go your way, other days it might not.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Takes a couple hours - did this quest twice recently.

First time I was waiting about 45 mins on a massive. Second time was about a hour thirty for a medium.

RNG 'spose.
    rip

Thread Information