Thread: Essence of Blight (EoB)

Default Essence of Blight (EoB)

Anyone knows a good source for gathering EoB? I've tried different blighted resource nodes, but it seems only to be a very rare bonus resource.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Essence of Blight (EoB)

That's exactly what it is Terao. A rare bonus resource, I've heard gotten from blighted thornwood. Only bipeds can really get the stuff. I've been randomly trying on my dragon for years and can never get the stuff.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

C`gan used to gather it well from blighted maple, although I do not know if that was just sheer hours he put in or if the drop rate is any better. For me, it seemed about 1 EOB per any gathered (Tarbash's travertine) diskload of blighted material, though I do not recall testing maple.

Dragons should be able to get it from blighted gems, metal, stone, even essence nodes. But when we gather with Ingenuity, like with thornwood, we will never get any since Ingenuity cannot drop any bonus gathers. If we use the direct skill such as "Quarrying" it should drop. I think I've gotten one with my dragon from blighted Ruby but its been awhile since I tried.

I have tried for years to gather it from different blighted resources guaran but i guess I can give it another go.

"

I've tried Blighted T6 gems, marble, mithril and shining essence. So far I can tell blighted essence seems to have a better droprate then the other resources I've tried.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

It depends which server board I think is which.

I have gathered Essence of Blight from the Blighted Sapphires south of Delgarath on my main dragon, but that was a long while back. Can't say anything about recently.

I gather mine from blighted mithril nodes north of EO with a cobalt mining pickaxe.
    rip

I don't think Essence of Blight is a bonus resource anymore.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    If true, I would be very upset by this. However, I was able to gather an EoB at the same rate as stated before, while typing this reply (I paused to see if it came up in my first diskload). I think any blighted resource should drop them; where were you gathering that it did not come up?

Follow up, with more collecting it looks like I got more EoB than 1/diskload; if anything, the gather rate is higher for me than it used to be. :-) I'm happy for that!

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

I used to get it from the Blighted Yew at Eastern Outpost while I was doing gatherer, was slow but I got enough.

Yes it does still spawn! I ran across some last night digging up blighted shining essence near the blighted yew. Really slow going tho.

"

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    If they changed it, why?

No reason to have done this. It's bad enough we have to piggy back off a dragon quest for the other component!
    rip

EOB still drops from any blighted resource, but isn't the soul frags the hard thing to get for Ambrosia? Since the food got revamped who needs Ambrosia VII anymore anyways. For heavens sake just quit dieing. LOL
    -Kor

*Always got EOB from blighted yew just outside Mithrils Anvil*

Quote Originally Posted by Korchak Strongbone View Post
    but isn't the soul frags the hard thing to get for Ambrosia?
    Yes because the only way to get soul frags is from a dragon on its khutit quest.

And despite Ambrosia being outdone by food these days, some people still desire it over food. Go figure.

"

I still got a 10k stack of soul frags Everyone in guild would always just toss them in a silo, after the old dennison (i think) quest to gather so many got removed.

Thread Information