Thread: ARoP Group Fights

Question ARoP Group Fights

After ten years as an Adult dragon, most of those as a "sleeper", I'm finally taking Antonath through the ARoP (thank you, devs, for the double XP!).

I know that as with the RoP, some fights I'll need to take a group for. My question is: which ones? I don't want to form a group for a fight I can win by myself, but neither do I want to earn a bunch of death points trying to defeat a foe I should be taking back-up to.

Thanks for any advice!
    Antonath

Default Re: ARoP Group Fights

Definitely for the Rift run. As for other fights... it's been so long, but I think I mastered most of them alone.

Except Umyarr, but he was much tougher back then when he had his own plateau
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Rift run definitely needs a group.

On my Lunus, I needed help with Thistleknot/Thistleface (the named thornwood treant).
    A Helian duo (adult/ancient) needed help with Furarage (that named storm ogre).

Most others you should be able to handle on your own, but it also depends on your build.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

It really depends on your build. I was able to solo everything except Elial with health scales, health/tc TPs. My focus/dex and a little health (2900) hybrid soloed everything but the Rift mobs, with a death or two to the massive tree and storm ogre. My full caster would definitely have quite a bit of trouble with pretty much anything. She's squishy.

For all fights, pull with Snarl if at all possible. If not, get it on the mob as soon as possible and it will help a lot. Even better if you can get it off right before they use their big attacks. You'll also be able to survive most things with Shield of Gold/Rejuvenating Breeze, then use Refreshing Breeze once the Shield runs out. Refreshing + Shield is overkill, unless you've managed to drag Thistleface along with 4 of his friends, or Furahrage with some of his friends.

What others have said!

Also for the helain rop, you can figth the than'kuk gatherer boss and not furahrage and you still get the thing. (forgot which riddle)

Rift Run needs a group of 4-6, depending on skill and builds. The gaurdains are soloabe with a great tactic and build, but are easier to duo with another. Elial certainly needs a group, and the minimum i've succeeded with (with reasonable - but not great - builds) was 4, using the right tactics which Alisto has gone over it's pretty easy though.

Well, the lesson I've learned so far is that my build seems to be absolutely awful.

I teamed with another dragon to take out Thistleface, and they did most of the damage. Even my Gold Rage seemed to be a slap on the wrist compared to theirs. Then I went after Lorgus (Fire beetle for the Helian side), and died when Lorgus was at about half health. I've spotted flaws in my tactics, but those changes aren't likely to solve the issue completely.
    Antonath

On which shard do you play?

If you are on Order I gladly assist you with tuning your dragon:-)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

this might only be helped with if we know, what kind of scales and claw you have
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    Well, the lesson I've learned so far is that my build seems to be absolutely awful.

I teamed with another dragon to take out Thistleface, and they did most of the damage. Even my Gold Rage seemed to be a slap on the wrist compared to theirs. Then I went after Lorgus (Fire beetle for the Helian side), and died when Lorgus was at about half health. I've spotted flaws in my tactics, but those changes aren't likely to solve the issue completely.
    Recommend armor based scales, teched with t&c, dragon breath, str (in that order of importance), replacing strength with dragon techs on head and wings (and on one wing also leave off breath for crest of blackhammer clan, if you don't have it yet make both with t&c, db, piercing winds, you can always make the other later). Make a separate wing set for travel with speed, velocity, t&c. do not tech speed/velocity on a wings used for fighting. For headscale razor teeth+ 2 sockets, insert the 33 t&c crystal and 150 health. For chest scale get a primal vengeance/eminence/defiance scale.

For training points max out t&c, put about 120 into primal (helps make sure grazing winds/unrelenting winds don't miss), and rest into evasion. Don't worry about putting any tp's into stats like strength or dex, the effect is minimal, or making scales with those as the base.

Be sure you have t5 debuffs (winds), t5 heals with cleanse, cleanse on all your self buffs, and as mentioned by others, get snarl on asap. Depending on the mob you may need to dispell buffs with lightning breath. for nasty withered aegis/undead mobs, multicast lighting breath to be sure you get it. Use primal attack + unrelenting winds to increase damage. For mobs likely to get adds, use shield of gold at the start, and stay on the named until its defeated. Good example of this one is the fire island named such as Crimson Ravager (which you might get 2 on you at once these days).

If you still have trouble just ask for help. There's always players ready to do a rift run or smack around one of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    On which shard do you play?

If you are on Order I gladly assist you with tuning your dragon:-)
    I'm on Chaos, but thanks for the offer!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    this might only be helped with if we know, what kind of scales and claw you have
    My scales were made for me over a decade ago (ready for my RoP - 100 crafting was useful!), so I'm missing a lot of the newer techs, and I stupidly passed up the opportunity to have a triple-vengeance scale made for me. Here's what I have:

Head, back, four legs and tail: Armor with Power, Strength, T&C
    Chest: Armor with Strength, T&C, and a socket for Burning Embers
    Wings: Armor with Breath, Speed and Fly Speed
    Claw: Spiked Emerald Tipped (bought off the New Trismus connie a few hours ago!), triple socketed.

Training points, I have half in Primal and half in Power. I'm set up as a caster, with the scales to boost T&C and strength for Gold Rage.

It seems I need to rebalance my training, get new wing scales (at the very least), get hold of Primal Attack... Not to mention add cleanse to all my buffs and heals. I suspect most of that will come after my ARoP, as long as I find people to help me through!
    Antonath

First off I see you could make a set of wings without speed and fly speed (put on better fight techs) and switch them in/out with hotkeys. You can switch them on the fly by the way, running on the ground, anytime you need too.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

But...! But...! But...!

I have Speed and Velocity on my wingscales! I can still kick tail!

Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Well, even with my speed teched wings, I've still managed to get all the way through the ARoP solo (except for Thistlebutt)! Now I just need to form a Rift group, and my target of becoming Ancient on the 10-year anniversary of completing my RoP will be almost met!
    Antonath

Thread Information