Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: blight delta 265-discussion

Default blight delta 265-discussion

"Determination's buff, Determined, now takes up a gift slot "

That is sad--and I can see no reason for that after all this years.

Pls look into that again, devs
    try to see it as enhances (same goes for primal roar).

Those three slots, that are left after the dragon gifts-were used to get the support of our biped friends.
    And made no dragon uber.
    Pls do not change what was good during all this years- and has no influence on game balance or such.
    But was good reason for bipeds and dragons to work together-
    ( <= found the smileys again^^)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: blight delta 265-discussion

Agree with Lov's on this, pls change
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

Don't see a reason why this got changed too, please keep at is.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

"Determination's buff, Determined, now takes up a gift slot "

That is sad--and I can see no reason for that after all this years.
    They did this with Primal Roar so it makes sense that they did it to Determination also as it is Primal Roar's opposite. They've always from the beginning overwritten each other so you couldn't have both at the same time. This tells me that they were linked and related to each other in a way as one is a power/primal buff and the other is strength/tooth and claw. I don't understand why they put both to gift slots at all and I don't like it, but if you are going to do one it makes sense to do the both because in Blight patch 264 just Primal Roar was put into the gift slots and due to that you could have both Primal Roar and Determination on you at the same time, and they've never worked that way.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Never saw an objection when they did it to primal roar which is the opposite to determination.

Also Dragons aren't the only ones to have certain abilities changed to gifts... Istara's Blessing (KnoC ability) also got that treatment..

Although I would say I don't like the idea of the dragons primal roar and determination taking a gift slot.. they are very powerful buffs
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

I don't mind them taking up gift slots, if they no longer overwrite each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Never saw an objection when they did it to primal roar which is the opposite to determination.
    never noticed this because I never use it
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

But Primal Roar was actually given a pretty good buff, which I at least felt somewhat justified the moving it to a Gift slot. Determination saw no such changes. I second Chibisuke - Moving Primal Roar in the first place to a Gift slot was, imo, pointless. Keeping both buffs as normal buffs not taking up a gift slot will not make dragons too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I don't mind them taking up gift slots, if they no longer overwrite each other.
    Agreed. After testing, yes you can use both, they don't overwrite each other and they both take up a gift slot.
    There's enough room to get Dragon's Gift, Gift of Velocity, Gift of Primal Alacrity, Determination, and Primal Roar all on our 5 gift slots.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

With the risk of this sounding like a biped vs Dragon comment Bipeds have 9 Gifts + blessing of istaria.. we have to pick and choose what gifts to take dragons now have to pick if they want biped gifts or not...

Also you want to benefit from Primal roar (+250 Power) and gift of power (+80) (at tier V).. (roughly the same for determination and str)
    But bipeds can't benefit from two different gifts that work on the same stat (Toughness over writes Health and armour gifts). soo is determination going to overwrite str gift? (devs comment please)

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Agreed. After testing, yes you can use both, they don't overwrite each other and they both take up a gift slot.
    There's enough room to get Dragon's Gift, Gift of Velocity, Gift of Primal Alacrity, Determination, and Primal Roar all on our 5 gift slots.
    And I finally can throw away my gift scrolls and send all bipeds home. Esp.those, who are no uber_fighters or newer players.

Determination and Primal Roar, the caster and melee used the version they wanted, for me it was something like a enhance, okay strong ones, but dragons can't multi class so what. I don't like this change, it has been good for years now, why change everything that people got used to. I know there need to be changes to get it going and improve things, but this is doesn't feel as a improvement to me, it's a step back.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Is it possible to make relics/omens/symbols of the rift tradable?

They already are
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 3rd, 2015 at 12:48 PM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Regarding the Dragons determination/primal roar. We are complaining but It is in a way an improvement and certainly and improvment for hybrids, in that Dragons can now have both active (for the past several months/weeks I considered it a bug that you could have primal roar and determination both active at once).. and the loss of a gift slot or two if you use both won't be felt if your hunting solo anyway and if you have bipeds then i think 80 armour or str or power etc will hardly be felt and most of the time they will be able to cast enhances which are almost as good (just need to be replenished more often)

Sorry that I still disagree, Calyndrell:
    I play hybride eversince. And primal roar/determination was good enough the way it was. I have no advantage from a better primal roar.
    My drags are set up for using both duriing a fight- changing from one to the other if necessary.
    Fighting solo I use gift scrolls if necessary (who shall buy this scrolls now?? Another k.o. for a biped school?),
    my biped friends I use to ask for gifts-which ones depending on the mob we fight or scales I wear.
    Now I have to choose which one- instead of having it all. And its one additional step more to change between det/prim.r.
    (clear slot with det then cast pr-instead of just clicking on it)
    if I want to have at least 2 free gift slots.
    Only primal roar is better than it was-who really needs that with all the other options we have?? For the price of a slot??

Sorry- putting them on gift slots is a NERF in my eyes. Can`t see any advantage/improvement in this.
    Sad..

edit *still ranting^* Do we (dragons) really need biped buffs?..well.. we have dragoncrystals, we have
    mighty heals, we can dodge and evade if we like.. we have cleanses, and what more..
    "no little biped- I do not need your buffs, or your help at all- and that would be interaction amongst the races-nono thy" *kicks biped out of group with her scaled hindleg^^*
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; February 3rd, 2015 at 03:00 PM.

Istead of taking away gift slot from dragons and making peds less important, change back Primal roar and determination and put Dragons Gift outside of gift slots,in enhances.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Sorry that I still disagree, Calyndrell:
    I play hybride eversince. And primal roar/determination was good enough the way it was. I have no advantage from a better primal roar.
    My drags are set up for using both duriing a fight- changing from one to the other if necessary.
    Fighting solo I use gift scrolls if necessary (who shall buy this scrolls now?? Another k.o. for a biped school?),
    my biped friends I use to ask for gifts-which ones depending on the mob we fight or scales I wear.
    Now I have to choose which one- instead of having it all. And its one additional step more to change between det/prim.r.
    (clear slot with det then cast pr-instead of just clicking on it)
    if I want to have at least 2 free gift slots.
    Only primal roar is better than it was-who really needs that with all the other options we have?? For the price of a slot??

Sorry- putting them on gift slots is a NERF in my eyes. Can`t see any advantage/improvement in this.
    Sad..

edit *still ranting^* Do we (dragons) really need biped buffs?..well.. we have dragoncrystals, we have
    mighty heals, we can dodge and evade if we like.. we have cleanses, and what more..
    "no little biped- I do not need your buffs, or your help at all- and that would be interaction amongst the races-nono thy" *kicks biped out of group with her scaled hindleg^^*
    And there you have it.. you want it all.. but thats not how the game is supposed to work.. And with the attitude of "we don't need bipeds because dragons can do everything with just one class" that is ASKING for further nerfs...

Further more..
    1. You never used to be able to cast both primal roar and determination at the same time so if you only use one you still have 1 free gift slot.
    2. Primal roar was improved so that pure spell casters ggot a much needed boost..
    Last edited by Calyndrell; February 4th, 2015 at 06:06 PM.

Just to give my background here, I have both Biped 232 rating and Ancient Dragon so I have at list a little experience with both worlds. I'm not the best and won't claim to be but, at least a basic understanding.

Although I did Enjoy in a battle removing my velocity as its not needed and leaving me with 3 open slots. I usually put dex,strength,health on as Gift of Armor is a joke at +40. With this new change I have to say I will have to use Determination in lieu of my biped gifting me with Gift of Strength V. The reason? (Gift of Strength V is +80 strength) & (Determination V is +180 Strength & +162 attack skill) which is much better. At that point I will use my Bi-Ped Enhance Strength V for another +109 Strength. Not too shabby really. I think we need to just roll with the punches here, it's not the end of the world every time something changes.

I don't really think the Developers are out to get us as many of us seem to think. When changes are made you have to believe that at a minimum some thinking was involved and a decision was made. You don't have some dark after hours Dev going into the data base and changing stuff around to get us in the end. I believe that, I hope some of you can believe that.

With that said, this is a forum and healthy dialog isn't a bad thing, but I just don't like people pointing fingers at each other and just getting rude. Keep it clean, keep it productive, and if you don't have anything really constructive to say then why not just read it and move on?

Gift of Strength V +80 Strength
    Enhance Strength V +109 Strength
    Determination +180 Strength & +162 Attack Skill

-Kor
    Last edited by Korchak Strongbone; February 4th, 2015 at 06:31 PM.

you show me a PURE helian spell caster that does not have gold rage or any other melee ability ... that is a rarity in istaria now
    Last edited by terrox; February 4th, 2015 at 07:31 PM.

just because they have the ability doesn't mean they aren't pure spell caster.. pure spell caster.. is based around build... you want me to show you a pure spell caster dragon... EASY infact i'll go double

Miiralaeuntryr.

and her hat..

Rinn

Thread Information