Thread: Gold Rage IV vs. Gold Rage V

Default Gold Rage IV vs. Gold Rage V

...Is this a bug?
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Default Re: Gold Rage IV vs. Gold Rage V

You need to be more specific than just 2 screenshots. What exactly in those are you asking about?
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

.. She doesn't, really. xD Just look at them.

From 4 to 5 there is:
    Delay on 4, not on 5
    1:30 recycle on 4, 0:25 recycle on 5
    1600 hoard cost on 4, 360 hoard cost on 5
    "Automatically hits" on 4, not on 5

Basically there's a lot of inconsistency between screenshots.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

And then there is the question: Does each ability in fact do what it says in it's respective screenshot?

Knossos

I didn't notice one way or the other with regard to the delay and the "automatically hits", but Gold Rage IV was definitely consuming 1600 hoard and its recycle was definitely being 1 minute and 30 seconds.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

It depends which server board I think is which.

The devs went through and changed around Gold Rage I-IV somewhat recently I believe, upping its hoard cost, but I'm not sure if anything else was changed. That could be an explanation - an unfinished nerf/change?

I certainly noticed that on my son's hatchling that the recycle on goldrage III and IV was certainly much greater than I remembered with Aurakvoar... And I know on my ancient GR is certainly much faster.. and I beleive if I recall correctly it used to work something like.

GR I Had a recycle of 0:45
    GR II Had a Recycle of 0:40
    GR III Had a Recycle of 0:35
    GR IV Had a Recycle of 0:30
    GR V Had a Recycle of 0:25
    GR VI Had a recycle 0:20
    GR VII Had a recycle of 0:15

Not sure when it changed. I looked and I can't find it in any patch notes
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    I certainly noticed that on my son's hatchling that the recycle on goldrage III and IV was certainly much greater than I remembered with Aurakvoar... And I know on my ancient GR is certainly much faster.. and I beleive if I recall correctly it used to work something like.

GR I Had a recycle of 0:45
    GR II Had a Recycle of 0:40
    GR III Had a Recycle of 0:35
    GR IV Had a Recycle of 0:30
    GR V Had a Recycle of 0:25
    GR VI Had a recycle 0:20
    GR VII Had a recycle of 0:15

Not sure when it changed. I looked and I can't find it in any patch notes
    GRs I-IV ALL now have a 1:30 recycle...a lot more hoard to use them, but can't quite remeber exact amounts too.

Sounds like a bug then, because the table Calyndrell posted seems along the lines of what I remember too. I know the recycle got progressively shorter the higher you went, and the cost went up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Sounds like a bug then, because the table Calyndrell posted seems along the lines of what I remember too. I know the recycle got progressively shorter the higher you went, and the cost went up as well.
    so the question is will the timer be fixed?
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Not a bug, this is actually part of an overhaul if I'm not mistaken, the hoard increase works, but it also always hits.
    I've played around with this plenty, and aside from my hatchling running out of hoard a bit faster, I have no problem with it.

Edit:
    I'm pretty sure the new hoard cost is:
    200-400-800-1600 for I-IV

Also, this has been in for atleast 2 months people, I'm surprised a threat didn't pop up earlier.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Really don't think this is a bug still since, as Meepsa said, it's been around for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    I'm surprised a threat didn't pop up earlier.
    Are we reducing ourselves to threatening the developers now?!

Since it's lower-tier people may have not made new characters or paid much attention to GR recently, though. I'm not sure if 1:30 settles well with me as a timer, I'd rather have it at 0:45 and stick there or maybe 1:00, but not so much 1:30 (effectively doubling the previously longest timer).

I'd also like the timer to progressively get longer if we're going this route, from say.. :30 to 1:00 or, if the devs insist, 1:30. As a hatchling with few abilities it's nice to be able to get them recycled faster.

Of course I'd love the original gold rage to be kept. Always hits or not, I barely missed anyway on my dragons. But to be honest this is something that we should have all seen coming. Gold Rage is OP, whether it was always that way or not, it's OP. Was going to be touched upon one day.

Thread Information