Thread: WayBackMachine: Horizons

Default WayBackMachine: Horizons

So, I was doing a little exploring around online, searching for lore and tidbits from the past when Horizons was first being developed. Being as curious as I was, I decided to poke at a website called the 'waybackmachine'. This is a web archive that allows you to view websites from a specific date and time, interactive snapshots if you will. I came across Tazoon.com and vast array of information contained within and I figured it would be great to share with all of you. This website doesn't have many of the original site's functionality, but it's easily explorable. It allows you to even view the old, old forums. It's a nice look into the past and it's excellent if you're seeking specific information regarding various lore subjects. It takes a bit of digging, but it's a lot of fun:

Main Page:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200403171...://tazoon.com/
    Forums:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200405151...releaseforums/
    History of Istaria:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200404021...ia_history.asp

Enjoy!
    -Starstilanx

Default Re: WayBackMachine: Horizons

Last edited by Guaran; February 7th, 2015 at 02:54 AM.

Geeze! Thanks stars and guaran. Kinda neat these old pages still exist. Be reminiscing over these for a bit hehehe.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

It depends which server board I think is which.

Really neat! Though I think Istaria's history is told by the guys on the crescent island off of NT in similar wording, but I could be wrong.

Yep, I believe that still exists in game, Rack!

Mostly, I wanted to 'broaden' the information available with cannon and non-cannon. Going through the old RP server's forums allows us to have a look into how the players felt about the world; lore discussions included. It may not be legitimate lore, but it gives us some nice insight!

Brings back memories.

Cool that it got stashed somewhere. Good find!
    rip

Here's a blast from the past, the 400 page 'Official Horizons Strategy Guide':

I used to have a copy, got lost during one of my house moves. I'm sure its quite outdated now, but I remember having about 30 bookmarks (pieces of paper) sticking out for quick reference.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

hehe I have the original CD
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    hehe I have the original CD
    I love the original CDs. I still have the box with the Best Buy sticker and the $49.99 pricetag slapped on it. XD

hard to believe we paid that much for it back then. I wonder if there's any old files that might be interesting in the old CD's. I still remember the 'pie throwing' animation for recalls.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

49.99 was a bit pricey by todays standards, but I admit I went (drove rapidly) to the store, think a store called Media Play (sold books, cds, games), really late at night to grab this. Think I ate Bologna that week to offset the price from my weekly budget.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I still have the "BradlyGames Guide to "Horizons Empire of Istaria"
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

Still have the original CDs in the box as well as the bonus pre-order CD with the extras. I don't remember which store that I got it from. But I had to argue with the clerk to get the pre-order CD. He didn't want to give it to me and it took me asking to speak with the manager to get him to let me have it.

Brady Games guide and copy purchased from Electronics Boutique in the mall.

Good times.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Starstilanxs View Post
    I love the original CDs. I still have the box with the Best Buy sticker and the $49.99 pricetag slapped on it. XD
    i saw those everywhere. i should have picked one up.

Wow, tons of greats screenshots there, I found an old article about when the Old Oaks lair was new. I remember calling in sick three days in a row while we harvested shining essence for the radiant drop. Before radiant essence orbs were in game and the only way to get it was as a bonus drop. Anyone else remember working on that? I remember racing with order to finish too. Tons of fun. I want another world crafting event !

I still have the original box. Back at the time, in my country, it was not about "best buy", price or $49.

We got imported 3 (three) boxes. In order to get my hands on one of those 3 boxes I had to do heroic feats. My first Rite Of Passage, and I did not even have the game installed yet
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information