Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold rage nerf incoming >>

Unhappy Gold rage nerf incoming >>

tinyurl.com/HugeGoldRageNerf

Serioiusly? its a game about dragons mostly.. And thats istarias only reason its alive today.. Who here is also bugged about this -.-

If your going to take away the only ability we have that gives us our tyrant features.. then buff the abilitys every single one of them the crafting ones too.. because they all stink..and mostly all useless id rather see gold rage at 20 or 25 seconds but 60?! >>

your taking away what makes dragons powerful as all heck.. now the warrior bipeds are going to be better then a dragon? Seriously? 1 dragon ancient is sapposed to repasent 3 or 5 biped characters.. we worked hard to get were we are now.. Dragons are mostly for single player gameplay not multiplayer >> we did not be a dragon for team play.. Im a lunus.. and been here for 5 years it bugs me..

If anyone else is bugged about this leave a reply here..

EDIT: As this is about something which actually never happened, I'm going to close this particular thread. Please use the discussion threads on the Content Update to post your feedback regarding these and other changes.
    Last edited by Velea; February 13th, 2015 at 06:34 PM.
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Default Re: Gold rage nerf incoming >>

It bugs me as well, though only mildly. Probably because I play mostly as a hybrid or caster and don't rely exclusively on melee abilities. For me, a slight tweak to my combat style would probably compensate.

I would prefer the timer to be somewhere in the 30 second range but I can live with the change.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    your taking away what makes dragons powerful as all heck.. now the warrior bipeds are going to be better then a dragon? Seriously? 1 dragon ancient is sapposed to repasent 3 or 5 biped characters.
    Bipeds are already stronger than dragons. And have been. For a while. Simple reason: they have more schools than dragons do.

Dragons are mostly for single player gameplay not multiplayer (...) we did not be a dragon for team play
    I don't mean to sound rude, I really don't, and I hope nobody takes it that way but I highly doubt the timer change would be all that devastating for normal combat. (Epic fights sure it'll make a difference but you ALREADY need a group for them anyway) And I for one, do really enjoy team play. Best fights I've ever had were with a group. If you rely 100% on GR for all your fighting: just take a few extra seconds between enemies and try some variation.

I do know there are enemies out there that take more than one full GR hit to take down but it shouldn't be all that much of a problem to fight them with the timer change. If it does become a major problem, let the devs know. When the changes to the blight hounds became a problem (and I mean a PROBLEM) talking the issue out solved the problem.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh sorry, your "I Win" button is now being tooled with.

Laugh at us bipeds, now you will know how it feels.

------------------------

All that aside...

You say dragons are single player. Wrong. This is a multiplayer game. Some quests require use of both biped and dragon.
    You want to be insanely powerful. Lore != overpowering. Are you that bad of a player you can't manage more than one button?

To compare the work invested into bipeds vs dragons is a laugh. Try leveling a biped sometime and come back to that argument.

Dragons are a joke. They've their uses, but come on, you can face roll on your keyboard and play a dragon effectively.
    rip

Dragons is what kinda keeps istaria alive its actully one of the only reasons >> So its not an i win button but its taking away the only aspects that make a dragon terrirfying.They alreafy nerfed dragons to hell already. and sides we been here alot longer. so its really bothersome to the lunus types. gold rage is the only ability that dragons have left. that separates the aspect of idk being a dragon. Im pure warrior and this pisses me off very much. 20 seconds i wouldent mind but a 3560 hoard eating ability every 60 seconds? im sorry that ticks the warriors off. Bipeds got better everything all we got is one school unlike your 80.

*looks in the chaos players listings as theres over 70 dragons and 10 bipeds* Yep its the world of dragons.. And if they wanna improve bipeds. just make dwarves and elves part of the forever free character selection this is not a pvp game so it dosent even matter..
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...

Dragons is what kinda keeps istaria alive its actully one of the only reasons >> So its not an i win button but its taking away the only aspects that make a dragon terrirfying.They alreafy nerfed dragons to hell already. and sides we been here alot longer. so its really bothersome to the lunus types. gold rage is the only ability that dragons have left. that separates the aspect of idk being a dragon. Im pure warrior and this pisses me off very much. 20 seconds i wouldent mind but a 3560 hoard eating ability every 60 seconds? im sorry that ticks the warriors off. Bipeds got better everything all we got is one school unlike your 80.

*looks in the chaos players listings as theres over 70 dragons and 10 bipeds* Yep its the world of dragons.. And if they wanna improve bipeds. just make dwarves and elves part of the forever free character selection this is not a pvp game so it dosent even matter..
    Really I think you are blowing this waay outa proportion.

Firstly where have dragons been nerfed over the years? They got primal cast (which btw combined with BoFB is the greatest AoE in game) they got volcano same as bipeds. They are getting new Tier6 scales. Ravage is getting reduced timer, BoF is getting a small buff, They got their own version of Alacrity. Primal roar got a much needed boost. Drainbolt got introduced. The only thing even close to a nerf is that determination and Primal roar are now both gifts, unless of course I missed something which I doubt I did.

Secondly GR requiring more hoard, Big deal hoard is so easy to come by once your higher level its not even worth mentioning. And its not being removed as you seem to be implying (whilst at the same time saying its not) its timer has just been brought into line with other similar abilities. Now perhaps there will be space for dragons to get other new abilities?

So lets not panic and all rage quit and see what the future actually holds.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

A 60 second cooldown on the strongest attack we have...the one that lets us survive encounters of any level that would otherwise kill us...the one that we're brought into groups for...the one that makes the rift run possible...the one attack we have that really sets us apart from Biped classes (aside from flame burst, which doesnt really count much since it's only available to Ancients)...

Seriously?! Just...NO!! Virt...when your game has such a small playerbase...you do not mess with one of the few things it has that's keeping people motivated to hit that buy subscription button. If you're really going to take away a max level Dragon's usefulness, I'll just stop at gr6 and never get another ancient, because even with a large group, only one gr per minute from each dragon will not be enough dps to kill elial.

@we got Volcano: You have to do the entire Myloc Queen questline to get that, and for non mage Dragons it's still kind of gimp with a long cd. I've hardly ever used it, and that was only to see the cool animation.

Think LONG and CAREFULLY about this...
    Last edited by Velea; February 9th, 2015 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Edited for language

0.o Not sure about any other dragon players but even when my GR misses 100% (sometimes more than once with mylocs) I don't usually immediately die. Yes GR is our best damage dealing ability if you don't take into account PC + BoFB (with my build it's essentially an AOE GR) but we do have other abilities which are being tweaked with to compensate. The hoard cost really doesn't bother me, 640 hoard for an attack that regularly does 3000 damage was quite underpriced. The current cost should be something even a level 70 dragon who just got the ability can keep up with and something an ancient would have no problem with. *notes that the cost was going to be 12800 before we talked the devs down to a reasonable amount*

As for Elial hunts, I've seen a group of 4 take him down. Another player or two in the group makes it pretty much certain that everyone survives. And a full group makes it a walk in the park. Upping the timer while tweaking other abilities to compensate just spreads out our DPS over time. It's not taking away an essential ability, just altering the balance of things a bit.

pls read Guaran`s post here-its No 46
    to get it all summed up:

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...scussion/page3
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

again its a tiny player base. and no Elie takes more then four takes more like 8 dragons. without the GR we have today. see all those ancients? see all those adults? we wouldent have that.. Virt all abilities would need a major buff all our crafting spells plane outright suck. tempest, gust, barrage, those aoes i know theres four of them i forgit one i know i did.. those just plane suck alot of our powers are underpowered dramaticly. and ffs fire burst 1? 5:00 cooldown and volcano has what 10 to 5 mins of cooldown? play a dragon we only got 1 class not 80 like you bipeds get >> 20 secs is a better idea for a gr cooldown.. 60 is just smacking your paying dragons in the face.

Some other stuff to say, but want to point out that - yes, Elial can be (and was) killed with four dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Some other stuff to say, but want to point out that - yes, Elial can be (and was) killed with four dragons.
    I can attest to that as an ex-blight player. We barely had a player base on there so I'm surprised I even got 3 ancients on there.
    Now on gold rage, This is NOT a nerf people, it's balance.
    longer cooldown, -slightly- higher hoard cost, always hits.
    not to mention: Other dragon abilities are getting buffs!

Honestly, I feel like 90% of the people complaining didn't even bother trying out the changes when they were pushed to blight, and didn't even notice it when 1-5 were changed on live.

You can very much survive without your "I win" button. this is being blown out of proportion.

Edit: also, I think you're all missing the point, yes this is being pushed to live early, BUT, this is also a great chance for actual balance to happen sooner or later!...preferably sooner, but no rush ^^ (*cough* Gold Burst *cough*)
    Last edited by meepsa; February 9th, 2015 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Off topic, Elial was beaten by 3 rangers as well. (PoS)

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

It depends which server board I think is which.

...if you wanted to try to change the mind of the devs you all probably should have spoken in the discussion for the changes and worked out a solution like a lot of others did. :o Initially, Gold Rage VII was going to be 15 cooldown, 12800 hoard cost (completely unsustainable, you'd be out of 14 million it in a few weeks), and automatically hit. To try and curb that overly large hoard cost we agreed on a higher cooldown and a lower hoard cost because then it's actually useable.

Gold Rage was OP. 15 seconds, 640 hoard, huge damage. You aren't supposed to be able to steamroll everything in your path, you have to at least touch your other abilities in a game. The developers see an OP ability and they fix it. Players get upset and we figured it out. Yes I'd love my OP GR but I'll live. GR -> Silver Strike -> Ravage -> Drain Strike usually kills a mob anyway, even high health ones.

As Meepsa said, Gold Rage is also getting slightly buffed along with other abilities! It now always hits, you will NEVER miss anymore. Ravage now has an even shorter cooldown so you can hit mobs with it more. Bite and Breath of Fire have higher damage outputs to make up for your loss. My main and most of my characters are heavy DPS builds and I'm nowhere near upset about all of this...

Please cool down and try it out at least before you start saying that the game's going to die because you have to wait 45 seconds more and use a bit more hoard to use an ability. o.O

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure this thread's going to be locked so calmly stating your opinions on the other thread's probably a good idea. ^^;
    Last edited by Racktor; February 9th, 2015 at 05:08 PM.

I've lead 5+ elial hunts with a group of 4 dragons, and some of those groups weren't even players invested into combat. One of them had more than one adult, too.

Will it kill us?....No?
    Was the GR thing all you read? Other things are getting buffed in trade for GRs longer timer. >.>
    I've got a dps dragon build and yeah...not the end of the world for him. Hey maybe i'll have some challenge now!

Yeah, GR IS a central part to our build... but that's why it's getting depowered o.o So other things can be powered up in return (ravage as is the update on the melee side, bite too).

I think that relying on ONE ability is a lot worse than having an increased timer for gr in retrun for a lowered timer on ravage so we're no longer reliant heavily on gr anymore, personally.

What meepsa said i support 100000%!

A couple of points I feel need to be driven home for the OP, and then this thread should be locked for intense flaming of the devs and the OP repeating the same points over and over every post:

1) Do not exaggerate to prove your point (ie: "bipeds have 80 classes"). It makes it sound like you are desperate to prove your point no matter what the facts say.

2) Yes, 4 dragons can easily kill Elial without dying. I was in a group of 2 ancients and 2 adults that killed Elial, no one died, and one of the adults (me) was only at the 2nd guardian quest-stage.

3) When something is so overpowered that it is, as you call it, a "tyrant ability" then yes, it fully deserves to be nerfed. Note that the devs are buffing other skills to make up for the significant nerf, and after the changes actually are tested out (instead of the players just whining on the forums after only reading some numbers like you are doing) they would obviously be willing to listen to feedback on how to further tweak dragon balance for a more fair, balanced, and varied combat style.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

spells plane outright suck. tempest, gust, barrage, those aoes i know theres four of them i forgit one i know i did.. those just plane suck
    *falls over laughing* Can't breath, really can't breath... Dragon spell casters do NOT suck you just need to learn hot to use em... 400 -500 damage per primebolt ... that is NOT sucking..*stops laughing* learn your facts
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Virt all abilities would need a major buff all our crafting spells plane outright suck (...) those just plane suck alot of our powers are underpowered dramaticly.
    Our abilities suck? Compared to what? If you compare anything to Gold Rage it's not going to look good in comparison. I really, REALLY don't think we need 20 things that do comparable damage to GR. I survive quite well hunting t6 mobs using the full scope of abilities thank you. Heck my caster who actually uses those AOE spells you say suck survives quite well without even using GR most of the time. It all depends on your build. Not everything needs to be geared towards a melee build.

And I'll point out (again) that our other abilities are being tweaked to compensate. I, for one am actually going to see how this change works out before I complain about needing more tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Really I think you are blowing this waay outa proportion.

Firstly where have dragons been nerfed over the years?
    Hoard leak. Hoard slowly drained away before the added hoard consuming abilities. And back then Dragons adventure school was half baked. None of the quested abilities went to level 100, then went to level 40 or level 70. so Tooth&claw mastery stopped at level 70. Hardened scales stopped at 40, etc. This was for all the main abilities.

They got primal cast (which btw combined with BoFB is the greatest AoE in game) they got volcano same as bipeds. They are getting new Tier6 scales. Ravage is getting reduced timer, BoF is getting a small buff, They got their own version of Alacrity. Primal roar got a much needed boost. Drainbolt got introduced. The only thing even close to a nerf is that determination and Primal roar are now both gifts, unless of course I missed something which I doubt I did.
    I've looked at the "buffs" to bof, ravage, bite and they are tiny buffs. No way they will even make up 20% of the lost damage. I always hear that "gold rage is a crutch", or "gold rage is overpowered", or "the combat needs reworked so you use other abilities". This last point I am fine with, however this current "re-work" doesn't come anywhere close to making up the difference. If ALL Dragon abilites got a 25% damage boost, then it might approach making up the difference, and I would be totally cool with that.

I've seen a biped kill Reklar in 12 seconds (have combat logs to prove it), yet have you ever heard me come in the forums and claim that "Bipeds are overpowered", or call for nerfs to your schools? Nope.

Secondly GR requiring more hoard, Big deal hoard is so easy to come by once your higher level its not even worth mentioning. And its not being removed as you seem to be implying (whilst at the same time saying its not) its timer has just been brought into line with other similar abilities.
    Gold rage has a 5x cost increase along with a 75% damage reduction. No matter how you spell it, it's a huge nerf. I would have accepted a 30 second timer with the 5x cost, I probably can work that into my combat. But even that would have been a huge nerf.

Now perhaps there will be space for dragons to get other new abilities?
    Perhaps, but nothing along these lines has been promised let alone even mentioned. Accepting a massive nerf BEFORE something new would come along to fill in the gap makes no sense. It should all happen together, or the nerf should wait.

So lets not panic and all rage quit and see what the future actually holds.
    Now is the perfect time to panic.

If combat starts going poorly, the game will not survive loosing half of the dragon population.

all our crafting spells plane outright suck. tempest, gust, barrage, those aoes i know theres four of them i forgit one i know i did.. those just plane suck alot of our powers are underpowered dramaticly.
    You've never played a pure caster have you? I can tell you right now, my caster with bolts and AoE's does average of 350-500 damage. No, its not going to be as powerful as GR and i don't want it to be! A spellcaster wants their damage to be spread out evenly amongst their targets so they are doing a steady slow leak on their target(s) health.

Some spellcasters may not be able to take a named mob like Umyarr on their own, but they can take on a group and hold themselves quite well if Refreshing breeze is up along with Gold Shield and spiked scales. So our spells are not crap, its just not a 'press here to kill' button. You need to plan a little, tech your equipment right and know when you can press forward and when to take to the air.

you also need to know when to use Grazing Winds and Unrelenting Winds. Those will help your damage on your target(s) dramtically.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Hoard leak. Hoard slowly drained away before the added hoard consuming abilities. And back then Dragons adventure school was half baked. None of the quested abilities went to level 100, then went to level 40 or level 70. so Tooth&claw mastery stopped at level 70. Hardened scales stopped at 40, etc. This was for all the main abilities.
    And none of this applies now, dragons are as strong as they've ever been. Moving on.

I've looked at the "buffs" to bof, ravage, bite and they are tiny buffs. No way they will even make up 20% of the lost damage. I always hear that "gold rage is a crutch", or "gold rage is overpowered", or "the combat needs reworked so you use other abilities". This last point I am fine with, however this current "re-work" doesn't come anywhere close to making up the difference. If ALL Dragon abilites got a 25% damage boost, then it might approach making up the difference, and I would be totally cool with that.
    Which is why I do suggest actually testing these changes and seeing if there's a noticeable difference in damage output. If it turns out things need further tweaking, I'll be right with you saying that other abilities need more damage.

Gold rage has a 5x cost increase along with a 75% damage reduction. No matter how you spell it, it's a huge nerf. I would have accepted a 30 second timer with the 5x cost, I probably can work that into my combat. But even that would have been a huge nerf.
    Didn't see anywhere a mention about a damage reduction on GR, just you can't do 3000+ damage every 15 seconds anymore. And GR VII is now guaranteed to hit. No more missing with an entire GR VII anymore. I'm happy with the tradeoff.

Thread Information