Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014.3 City Under Siege Content Update

Default Re: 2014.3 City Under Siege Content Update

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Cores aren't dropped as loot so there is nothing to change. Epic bosses drop tokens and resources (used to combine to make components). Valkor, Shaloth, Reklar, and SoG drop one specific "essence" that is used to make their items. No changes in drop rates are needed.
    Ah, so all cores are purchased with tokens.

The downside to the common token method, someone wants a nice Reklar item, only has to hunt Reklar once, get the plague essence, hunts sog 10 times, done, make a Reklar Sash.

I still believe there should have been separate token types for each boss. Those tokens buy that bosses' forms and cores only. For the lesser bosses, the token reward type could be easily made random, by instead of dropping the tokens directly, the quest dropped a "Token cache" container, which you open and it rewards a random token type, in a preset or random amount. Use the "present, coin bag" tech the game already has, is already using to drop the taravist crystals, annisil cords, etc.

Then the precentages I mentioned above wouldn't be needed, but you would have to still hunt Reklar to get his forms and items, but using the spread among all participants method (this new method, which I really like).

The biggest change I can see is you might need a couple more npc's to double as vendors for the different token types (not difficult to implement at all, just use the other outpost npc's. Vargas can remain the quest giver npc.).

On a side note, many of my guildies are expressing huge dissatisfaction over the amount of tokens compensated for the existing forms. One said she paid 5g for one form only to get 24 tokens, or 1/12th it's replacement cost as re-imbursement? Needless to say she is having a bad week. Players who already had the forms have put in many hours and coin to get those. A more fair re-imbursement amount would have been 144 for each formula.

For new players, I suppose the amounts are ok, and it will take them many months to complete the formula collection (at the expense of buying the cores). That was probably intended and I think is ok, but we already have put in years of work, the re-imbursement amount needs re-thought. Even at 288 tokens re-imbursement amount, the players who had all the forms will STILL have a lot of work to do collecting tokens for forms, becuase there are so many new forms (7 for sog, 1 for queen, thats 2304 right there, plus the processing forms to go along with 4x72 for bipeds is yet another 288, 2592 total still needed, even if we had a 288 tokens per old formula re-imbursement). Please re-visit this.

If there are records of the forms that got re-imbursed, now would be the time to split the tokens into 4 types (1 for each boss), and even the new generic cores could be swapped out for the varying types using the same method that replaced them to begin with.

Jade Snarler (former Desert Wolf) has been renamed in plural (Jade Snarlers). Please fix.

I had all the epic forms across my characters (though not all scribed), along with ten or so pieces of epic items that hadn't been used. Other characters had 1-2 pieces as well. Yesterday, after doing the daillies for both the lesser and greater epic kills across 4 characters, I was barely able to purchase a permanent formula - 6 tokens leftover. I still don't have enough tokens to get the Scale Component form I need.

Very vexing to find that, even after 100s of hunts and getting a lot of pieces/forms before the conversion, I can't even make one epic item.

Also, I can't seem to find the 'one-use' versions of the epic forms that are IIRC ~70 tokens and provided by Vargas the Bold.

(hourly) City under Siege quest from Steward Pratt McGrubben dont give any reward when turning in, who he say here is your reward

Got it.

horizons_1424025818.jpg
    Last edited by Velea; February 17th, 2015 at 01:34 PM.
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

We're looking into additional reimbursement. It won't be the full 288, but it will be more than the 24 we gave first pass. Changes to the epic loot system itself though aren't in the cards for now.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

We're looking into additional reimbursement. It won't be the full 288, but it will be more than the 24 we gave first pass. Changes to the epic loot system itself though aren't in the cards for now.
    Updated my Ticket as well. Want to make sure everyone sees this and knows my response and anger at this attitude from VI.

So once again WE the players are getting screwed out of hard work and effort in the game because of a change to the system?
    Your efforts to improve the game appear to me as efforts to drive off players. If that was your intention, it's working.

I will now seriously consider leaving istaria after my long and wonderful time here. I can no longer enjoy a game that continues to take
    away all the hard earned knowledge and rewards I have gotten over the 11 years of playing. Maybe one day you devs will get the
    same treatment you have given us players IRL, so you know why we get so upset.

Sincerely,
    Jay

Just wondering why not give us the full 288? we had them fair and square?
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

I too would also like to know why the players that earned these forms still are not getting the full formula only cost to replace the formulas we as a the players already worked for? and I am getting to feel the same way as Andaras is that this has a good chance of driving more players away rather than bring new ones in. Any loose pieces at the time of the change i can understand not being reimburse for but the formulas we already had SHOULD be replaced in either the formula or the require amount of tokens to replace formulas that were take from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Just wondering why not give us the full 288? we had them fair and square?
    Someone got reimbursement? i lost all 3 forms for Valkor forms and my dragon had the claw form. I can't find any reimbursement for any of those 4 forms i've had removed. i do not see even these 24 tokens i am hearing about.

Ok, i found 24 tokens in a different spot. did not see them before. Hmm, i really hope you give us the full amount for replacing these forms, after so many hard months of killing for them. this definitely doesn't even come close to covering our time.

Mordel has no tokens for the Blood Claw form he had

Thanks
    Last edited by Malicore; February 17th, 2015 at 01:36 AM.

I just like hunting the epics for the fun of it. I don't ever even bother rolling so I don't have the forms or any pieces so I've lost nothing. I don't really see the point in those that did not getting the full price of the replacement. What possible harm could come of it? Is there a reason for it I am missing?

I believe it is due to some forms were a rare drop sometimes one could spend days or more hunting the mob just for the chance that the form dropped and run the chance of not rolling high enough. Some guild crafters and others like to say they did both the craft work and hunting work to make the item themselves. It is upsetting to have items they earned be taken away from them an be forced to do all the hunting work all over again

If that is to me starlight I totally agree. They should get the full replacement. I don't see why they wouldn't?

some bugs?

- friend bought one of the new (old dragon) techs from the elder- scribed it by mistake (as its drag and drop)- is useless now

- he finnished the Daknor questline and got both: Shield and scale
    - he cant tech or socket scale - and noone wants to trade the scale into another (both outposts)

cant do any testing concerning this.

- Khutit bug still exsists
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    - he finnished the Daknor questline and got both: Shield and scale
    If you are speaking of the quest line the "Imperial Army" and talking about the Ceremonial Chest Scale and the Ceremonial Tower Shield, then this is correct. Both are given out by the same quest and there are no "trade" quests any longer. The patch notes do indicate this.

The other items you listed I can not speak to because they are too vague of reports for me to know what's happening. The best suggestion I can make is that your friend could submit a support ticket or post for his/her self and we can work directly with him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    If you are speaking of the quest line the "Imperial Army" and talking about the Ceremonial Chest Scale and the Ceremonial Tower Shield, then this is correct. Both are given out by the same quest and there are no "trade" quests any longer. The patch notes do indicate this...
    I believe he was pointing out that the new ones just obtained, were not socket-able.

Before, the old version was not socket-able, but the npc would trade it for one that was. I believe the last patch notes said that all old ones would be switched out automatically (for the socket-able versions) and the quest would start dropping the ones that are already socket-able. This meant there was no need to do the scale replacement quest, so that got removed.

The quest is apparently giving out scales that are not socket-able, when they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I believe he was pointing out that the new ones just obtained, were not socket-able.
    Nothing was changed with the scales that are handed out that I'm aware of, but I'll double check.

EDIT: Just checked... Both the Scale and the Shield are set up the same and both are handed out by the quest.
    Last edited by Velea; February 23rd, 2015 at 07:25 PM.

what Guaran says.

Concerning the new "Old" dragon techs I just wanted to warn all to take care not to try to scribe them.

btw: My first advice always is to file a ticket in such cases. But I cannot force anybody to do so -or read forum/patch notes.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Karios the trophy dealer in Kion is dirty trading.
    Not only did he not give out x2 XP during the event but now he is only giving out 1200 (600) for level 16-20 trophies, he should be giving out 2000 (1000) for the trophies. (tested on all of the relevant trophies)

Somebody needs to have a word with him before my Hatchie takes a bite out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Karios the trophy dealer in Kion is dirty trading.
    Not only did he not give out x2 XP during the event but now he is only giving out 1200 (600) for level 16-20 trophies, he should be giving out 2000 (1000) for the trophies. (tested on all of the relevant trophies)

Somebody needs to have a word with him before my Hatchie takes a bite out of him.
    Yeah I noticed this as well.. though I thought it was just a little low.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Thread Information