Thread: Dragons and the Level Cap

Ganelon Fireforge

Default Dragons and the Level Cap

Having heard various arguements, complaints, whines, etc. about dragons and how they have an end game vs. a biped, I had a thought. Seeing as Bipeds can multiclass, and I have seen some as high as a 160 rating, why not when the softcap is raised to 120, allow Ancient Dragons to go up to, say, 150? I know this would involve a lot of work, and if not done correctly would have those dragons be "uber", but it would also allow for more time invested for the dragon race, instead of hitting a wall...
    Now as to the dragon crafting side, I am not sure that the level cap would work - new scales would go past T6, so this might be a long time coming ... but there were crafters ready for T5 when it went live, as there will be crafters ready for T6 when that hits as well ... *shrugs* Just a thought.

Default Re: Dragons and the Level Cap

Anything to make me stay in game as I get to the cap!
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Default Re: Dragons and the Level Cap

Personally, I would love to see something more on the lines of an Alternate Advancement system for Ancients similar to what EverQuest had. (You would gain a set, unchanging amount of experiece over and over, and with each 'ding' it would grant you a point to spend. These points could then in turn be spent on different stat/resist increases, special abilities, regeneration increases, passive abilities, ect. Different abilities costed different amounts of AA points, depending on the power of the ability).

I think this concept would be best, as it is near impossable to max out ALL of the AA abilities, simply because there are too many. In my opinion, this rivals the concept of multiclassing as they both allow for specialization in ones character are are both near impossible to max out. Raising the cap to 150 just prolongs hitting that wall.

Regardless, I agree. SOMETHING needs to be done to allow us to continue to progress our character, /especially/ after reaching ancient.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Thread Information