Thread: Reimbursment for downtime

BRAHM

Default Reimbursment for downtime

Well once again Horizons is showing it is up and running (low pop and healthy status), yet everytime i try to play i get a transport error. Im wondering Luca if there is going to be any type of reimbursment for all this downtime due to your unstable gaming engine? I understand online games are "finicky" and do this sometimes but this game has way too much downtime for me to be paying $20.00 a month..but is easier to swallow if we are credited for all this downtime... i would appreciate a response or answer as to why this is happening so much at your earliest convenience ty

Brahm Stromguard

Jaelle_earth

Default Re: Reimbursment for downtime

rofl do you really expect THEM to answer? Luca hasnt posted a message here for over two weeks ^^

Jaelle_earth

oh sorry its only 10 days....

BRAHM

hehe one can only hope :) but evertime this happens its making it easier and easier to start thinking about starting a diff online game, which is too bad because this game has some great aspects to it as well and even better people ive met that play it :(

I haven't looked too closely, but I recall the EULA has downtimes covered. Every time you accept it you agree to a policy of not receiving any reimbursement from downtime, up to and including scheduled maintenance.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I did look closely, and Varangaard is right:

14. We are not liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes beyond our reasonable ability to control. We cannot, and do not, promise or ensure that you will be able to access your Account whenever and wherever you want. By accepting this Agreement, you acknowledge that there may be extended periods of time when you cannot access your Account and that you will not hold us liable for such periods of System inaccessibility. Failures to access your Account consistent with any standards applicable to the on-line information services industry, interruptions of service caused by scheduled or emergency downtime, needs for maintenance, failures of equipment, computer programs or communications networks or devices, and events beyond our direct and reasonable control shall not constitute our breach of warranty of this Agreement.

Nereya

Quote Originally Posted by eollyn
    I did look closely, and Varangaard is right:

14. We are not liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes beyond our reasonable ability to control. We cannot, and do not, promise or ensure that you will be able to access your Account whenever and wherever you want. By accepting this Agreement, you acknowledge that there may be extended periods of time when you cannot access your Account and that you will not hold us liable for such periods of System inaccessibility. Failures to access your Account consistent with any standards applicable to the on-line information services industry, interruptions of service caused by scheduled or emergency downtime, needs for maintenance, failures of equipment, computer programs or communications networks or devices, and events beyond our direct and reasonable control shall not constitute our breach of warranty of this Agreement.
    1 (and no more). I'm not liable to keep paying for so much delay and failure to perform due to causes you don't even tell us what they are, leading us to doubt what your definitions of "reasonable" and "ability" are. I cannot, and do not, promise or ensure I'll be able to keep paying for not being allowed to access my Account on such frequent occurences. I do aknowledge that hamsters need to rest from time to time and are equipments doomed to wheel failure, but I'm not too sure they can be considered as a standard applicable to the on-line information services industry. I therefore considers that, if there's no breach of warranty, there might be soonish a big hole in your purse.

Luca does usually add time to our accounts if we are down for a while.

I personally would not mind seriously trading that free extra time for another week with big banks.

*Hides under a big white sheet so nobody can see me and shoot me*

Rainbow

bozinga

(* uses the free time caused by the crash to think about another online game *)

just all cancel account and come back when GN DONT!! host
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Please, do tell of your finds Bozinga - I'm searching a bit for free trials of various MMOs I have yet to try out..
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

Try Ryzom. 14 free trial, downloadable, around 1.13 GB
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

To be honnest I wouldn´t mind it if we would have 2 weeks down time to do some serious maintenance aslong as they can garrenty us that they will fix the problems we are encountering.

For example missing machines, bad spawn, mobs not showing up until you are in the middle of a spawn causing immenent dead in most cases. The dead part I don´t care about as it motivates me to strike back harder on these mobs but still.

I think that the players that still have a subscription and already gave GN this much slack deserve this.

I paid for 1 year in advance, if you would have set this money aside in a smart way you can have had this increased in a nice way. Still I hope that when this year ends I will still have enough reason to continiue my subscription as this game has some serious potential.

Thread Information