Thread: Grand Arena Tournament

Default Grand Arena Tournament

In your travels, you find a large, gaudy piece of parchment nailed to each vaultkeeper's building in every city. Noticing this, your curiosity gets the better of you so you go to investigate one.

In large gold lettering, the words 'Grand Arena Tournament' are emblazoned across the top of the parchment and a finely colored border of various races in combat poses decorates the edge of the parchment. Below this is neatly written:
    'Greetings Istarians! The Istara's Chosen guild will be hosting a series of arena fights to the death, tournament style. All races are encouraged to sign up for participation and all are welcome to watch. Participants will be grouped by their current season in their adventure school of choice and will fight within their group until one victor remains. Those with 30 to 40 seasons will be the first group, 50 to 60 seasons will be the second, 70 to 80 seasons will be the third, and lastly 90 to 100 seasons will be the fourth grouping.

Prizes for the final victor, the second, and third place runners up will be given for each grouping. The first place prize will be a fully techniqued weapon or claw, customized to the victor's preferences for each tier. The second place runner's up prize will be a pair of speed wing scales for dragons or boots for bipeds for each tier. The third place runner's up prize will be tiered hoard for dragons and tiered weapon crystals for bipeds.

The rules of combat are as follows:
    • The use of any consumable item before or during the fight is not permitted
    • Dragons are not permitted to use the following in combat: Gold Rage, Ferocious Roar, and Primal Casted Breath of Flame Burst, Volcano, or Drulkar's Wrath. Primal Cast and any other spell or breath is allowed, Breath of Flame Burst, Volcano, and Drulkar's Wrath alone are allowed.
    • Bipeds are not permitted to use the following in combat: Multistrike, Critical Strike, Multicasted Volcano or any ability that results in an instant kill. Volcano alone is allowed. Multicasted crafted spells are allowed.
    • Any flight or running out of combat range is not permitted. You may run around but you must stay within combat range. Combat range includes the range for all ranged attacks and spells.
    • All epic gear is not allowed in combat.
    • Excessive stunning and or mezzing will not be permitted. Excessive is defined as the point where your opponent cannot retaliate.

Any violation of the above will result in a disqualification.

Any who wish to participate may attach their entry papers below or contact Azath, Schwarz, or Machaeon personally to indicate interest. Please specify which grouping you will be participating in when doing so. (Only one character per person per grouping to ensure nobody ends up fighting their own character.) This will be a multi-weekend event, with one weekend each per tier. Official dates will be announced when enough participants have signed up, a series of convenient dates for all participants is determined, and the prizes are ready.'

At the bottom there is a disclaimer written in tiny handwriting: 'Any loss of life, limb, honor,dignity, and items or coins are not the responsibility of the hosts; participate at your own risk. Any non-gifted are discouraged from participating due to the nature of the tournament but are welcome to attend.'
    Last edited by Machaeon; February 20th, 2015 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Clarification

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Default Re: Grand Arena Tournament

(as a side note: no lightning arrows + demon bow, or any other effective stun-lock.)

I've never been a fan of the Arena, but, I'll come along, and probably participate ;-) As my Ancient or hatchling...or, both....(no, not simultaneously!)

I'll participate on Rinn. Dragon hatchling, 90-100 bracket.

man i haven't been to that arena in years.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i don't fight, i learned a long time ago i am no good at it, but i would love to watch and report for my blog! please do let us know when - and what shard - the event will take place!

edit - doh never mind. order shard, i would know already if i read before posting......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

You will be notified!
    Aurelia Borealis of Istara's Chosen.
    Art by Oceanappa.
    Banner by Racktor.

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    The rules of combat are as follows:
    [LIST][*]The use of any consumable item before or during the fight is not permitted[*]Dragons are not permitted to use the following in combat: Gold Rage, Ferocious Roar, and Primal Casted Breath of Flame Burst, Volcano, or Drulkar's Wrath. Primal Cast and any other spell or breath is allowed, Breath of Flame Burst, Volcano, and Drulkar's Wrath alone are allowed.[*]Bipeds are not permitted to use the following in combat: Multistrike, Critical Strike, Multicasted Volcano or any ability that results in an instant kill. Volcano alone is allowed. Multicasted crafted spells are allowed.
    Just to point out that A dragons ravage is pretty much a biped multistrike... so thats not fair.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Just to point out that A dragons ravage is pretty much a biped multistrike... so thats not fair.
    Oh! Did not know that, haven't done much past druid, spiritist, or healer on my bipeds, other schools are generally below level 20 where I've done no real fighting with them. So not familiar at all with melee things they can get. ^^'
    Let me revise that then: Multistrike is allowed.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quebec (Canada) // Ota'fakag, Trandalar (Order)

Ahhh, last time in the arena I had such bad scales I had my behind kicked, erm... it sure has been a while. I am somewhat interested in participating, probably with my main ancient dragon. Good thing it is during the weekends~
    Order shard
    Levanan: Ancient Helian drake - 100/100/28 ~ Navkiren: Ancient Lunus drake ~ Nordis: Adult Helian dragoness ~ Sarwulf: Hatchling ~ Aithne: Hatchling
    DeviantArt: Iceveyns

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

*would also like to participate* Thelras could use some practice fighting other Living beings. x3
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

So, any word on this happening or not enough people interested?
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

We assure you that the Grand Arena Tournament is an actual thing but thing is we need much more people to participate, we still have few brackets that are empty or have only one or two participants.
    But this will happen!
    Aurelia Borealis of Istara's Chosen.
    Art by Oceanappa.
    Banner by Racktor.

Thread Information