Resources
    24 Tokens - Epic Cores

Cost after patch Delta 268
    Formulas
    144 Tokens - Component Formulas
    24 Tokens - Epic Formulas
    Resources
    96 Tokens - Epic Cores

This detail is looking a bit disappointing to me. But it seems we have to live with some kind of compromise.
    Just did some math on the forumula costs:

Current cost for one epic weapon is (assuming 3 cores per epic is needed to craft one) 72 tokens for the component form + 288 tokens for the epic form + 72 (24 tokens x 3 cores) = 432 tokens in all for one epic weapon you make yourself. Cost of someone else making it where you provide the cores is 72 tokens.

New cost after Delta 268 patch for one epic weapon (still assuming 3 cores per epic) 144 tokens for the component form + 24 tokens for the epic form + 288 (96 tokens x 3 cores) = 456 tokens in all for one epic weapon you make yourself. Cost of someone else making it where you provide the cores is 288 tokens.

Change in cost for making an epic yourself: +24 tokens. Change in cost for someone else making it where you provide the cores: +216 tokens.

Conclusion: buy all the cores and component forms you can now.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Default Re: Blight Delta 268 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    Just did some math on the forumula costs:

Current cost for one epic weapon is (assuming 3 cores per epic is needed to craft one) 72 tokens for the component form + 288 tokens for the epic form + 72 (24 tokens x 3 cores) = 432 tokens in all for one epic weapon you make yourself. Cost of someone else making it where you provide the cores is 72 tokens.

New cost after Delta 268 patch for one epic weapon (still assuming 3 cores per epic) 144 tokens for the component form + 24 tokens for the epic form + 288 (96 tokens x 3 cores) = 456 tokens in all for one epic weapon you make yourself. Cost of someone else making it where you provide the cores is 288 tokens.

Change in cost for making an epic yourself: +24 tokens. Change in cost for someone else making it where you provide the cores: +216 tokens.

Conclusion: buy all the cores and component forms you can now.
    The old prices, the cost was all front loaded into the Formula. Once you got the forms, you could pop up epic items for 96 tokens? That's like 4.5 days worth of quests. Doesn't seem very epic or difficult.

Now, the formula's are fairly priced (what everyone wanted). The work will go into each item (as it should). Even still, its only 12.5 days worth of quests. Still seems too easy to me, and it will be about 10x to 20x faster than the old system, where it could take 3 to 6 months to complete something.

Aside:

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Still seems too easy to me, and it will be about 10x to 20x faster than the old system, where it could take 3 to 6 months to complete something.
    As someone who hunted SoG for 12 months and racked up over 150 kills to get the Demongii... I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE (well, I can probably think of a few devs :P) It is a bit of a shame that all the pieces now effectively have the same 'chance', but I think if we take a step back and view the issues in the past and the solutions implemented, we've come out on top (still a bit grumbly about loose the forms and all that, but meh, I'll get over it).
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    The old prices, the cost was all front loaded into the Formula. Once you got the forms, you could pop up epic items for 96 tokens? That's like 4.5 days worth of quests. Doesn't seem very epic or difficult.

Now, the formula's are fairly priced (what everyone wanted). The work will go into each item (as it should). Even still, its only 12.5 days worth of quests. Still seems too easy to me, and it will be about 10x to 20x faster than the old system, where it could take 3 to 6 months to complete something.
    Quite true, didn't mean to seem like I was complaining, just pointing out the fact of the matter. Much prefer this system over the old random drops (or sometimes no drops at all) where the one piece you're looking for never shows up.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

•Breath of Flame Burst now has a 90 second recycle and 2.5 second cooldown, but does less damage per hit (20% reduction).

Any chance this can be made a guaranteed hit? I don't mind its less powerfull but it only ever hits every now and then anyway. Bit of a waste to attempt to use in battle unless everything else is greyed out......
    ......ie ALL breaths now share the same cool down giving us even less options now than we had after the last nerf stick a couple weeks ago

I was hoping for compensation for paying 576 tokens for 2 Epic Formulas since they only cost 24 tokens now. I don't see anything in my vault or Inventory. Is this coming at a later date?
    Thanks,
    -Kor

Spiritist Trainer at Kion now has dialog. Non-spiritist player is advised of requirements. Player having spiritist but not as current school is greeted as Spiritist but is not given link to join spiritist school. So Trainer is not yet fully functional. Order shard post patch.

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; March 3rd, 2015 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    •Breath of Flame Burst now has a 90 second recycle and 2.5 second cooldown, but does less damage per hit (20% reduction).

Any chance this can be made a guaranteed hit? I don't mind its less powerfull but it only ever hits every now and then anyway. Bit of a waste to attempt to use in battle unless everything else is greyed out......
    ......ie ALL breaths now share the same cool down giving us even less options now than we had after the last nerf stick a couple weeks ago
    Yes,this is very annoying. right now it doesn't make me want to use breathes anymore. could that be changed back?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Spiritist Trainer at Kion now has dialog. Non-spiritist player is advised of requirements. Player having spiritist but not as current school is greeted as Spiritist but is not given link to join spiritist school. So Trainer is not yet fully functional. Order shard post patch.

Knossos

Spiritist Trainer Morrison (east of Bristugo) is working properly.

Knossos

guaranteed hit on a Massive damage AoE, Are you serious?? you already have a guaranteed multi-criticle with GR, Don't Get Greedy!!!
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    This trainer will allow a new spiritist to join, but not allow a previous spiritist to rejoin. Fixed for next delta (along with incorrect school name displayed in link). I checked the other 2 trainers and those look good.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    guaranteed hit on a Massive damage AoE, Are you serious?? you already have a guaranteed multi-criticle with GR, Don't Get Greedy!!!
    Ok, so we remove perfect spell and multicast from bi-ped casters and remove about 3 critical abilities from melee peds. Balance restored.
    I don't know if you play an Ancient but they are easily out-Dps'd by caster and melee peds now.

Ok, so we remove perfect spell and multicast from bi-ped casters and remove about 3 critical abilities from melee peds. Balance restored.
    I don't know if you play an Ancient but they are easily out-Dps'd by caster and melee peds now.
    Yes I do play both although primarily a biped. However nothing unique to bipeds in our arsenal comes close to the Flame Burst I wouldn't be against dragons getting "Perfect Primalism" however (and if it was combined with FB... welll thats just good tactics isn't it? ).
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

I hope this is right place to place this. Scout and Mage first quests are fixed. Now for bad news. Mage quest: Test Experimental Spell is broken as far as I can tell. You can do both parts and they count down, but when you go back to Rennis in Kion, she does not respond to quest. Thus it is hung here. Scout Quest 6: Coordination against Beetles does not count down at all. You have kill 10 beetles that does not count down and you have coordinated strike which does not acknowledge either coordinated strike or the one with bow (which I think should be the one). Small problem still exists at Parsinia. The dragon Table and essence chambers are still floating above the bi-ped plot in Parsinia. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsha View Post
    I hope this is right place to place this. Scout and Mage first quests are fixed. Now for bad news. Mage quest: Test Experimental Spell is broken as far as I can tell. You can do both parts and they count down, but when you go back to Rennis in Kion, she does not respond to quest. Thus it is hung here. Scout Quest 6: Coordination against Beetles does not count down at all. You have kill 10 beetles that does not count down and you have coordinated strike which does not acknowledge either coordinated strike or the one with bow (which I think should be the one). Small problem still exists at Parsinia. The dragon Table and essence chambers are still floating above the bi-ped plot in Parsinia. Thank you.
    I believe this was also submitted as a support ticket and I responded there. We'll get these fixed for the next update.

Speaking of good tactics,it would be nice if menacing presence was guaranted hit. that way tank dragon can use refreshing breeze+shield of gold+menacing presence and give some relief to the rest of group. its a bit sad if in this scenario MP misses... :P

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

I notice other people say the breaths sharing a timer, and gold rage shares a timer with refreshing breeze.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Breaths purposely share a timer but they were accidentally left unlisted in the patch notes.

Gold Rage shouldn't share a timer with Refreshing Breeze but Shield of Gold currently does. When trying to unlink SHoG from GR, the devs put it in the 'utility' category, which was also used by RB. No one caught the accidental link on blight so it went live.
    Gold Rage is a critical melee ability and SHoG is a utility - there's no way it shares a timer as far as I know.

correction typo I meant shield of gold I didn't catch the typo.

I also notice hero's resolve, volcano, and drulkar's wraith share timers

Thread Information