Thread: Dragon Language

Default Dragon Language

When I first found Istaria, a few years ago, as I always try to do before even looking at the actual game, I go through the player forums...you can tell a lot about a game by seeing how active (and, friendly) the players are in forums.

Anyway, in this forum and another place that I honestly don't remember - and, can't find - I found information about a Dragon Language. From what I've been able to gather from chatting with others, members of a long-gone Guild within Istaria called Keir Chet k'Eilerten were instrumental in bringing (possibly creating) this language.

I'm not sure if any members of that Guild are still playing Istaria...I'd love to see things added to the following information, but, that's way beyond my capabilities.

In any case, I've taken the information I was able to find and created two .pdf files, and uploaded those 2 files to the file-sharing site, SendSpace; at the end of this message, I'll give the download links. Several players in Istaria have asked for these, so I hope the information will be helpful.

Once again, I had absolutely no hand in the creation of this marvelous work; I share it here only to save it for future use.

Links:

Erdoten k'Eilerten (dictionary/grammar): https://www.sendspace.com/file/2jch9i

Common Dragon Phrases: https://www.sendspace.com/file/0vgzzy

Tondargaet

Default Re: Dragon Language

A search on "Dragon language" found this as well as a few other threads (though I did edit a few posts in there because there was a now-invalid link)

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...looking-for-it

lol....huh, that's not where I found it, but, lovely to see it there...thankee, Azzy!

Forgotten all about that post! Nor was I aware that it'd been "stickied."

Or, should that be "stuck?"

Stuckied???

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    A search on "Dragon language" found this as well as a few other threads (though I did edit a few posts in there because there was a now-invalid link)

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...looking-for-it

Quote Originally Posted by Berdagauret View Post
    When I first found Istaria, a few years ago, as I always try to do before even looking at the actual game, I go through the player forums...you can tell a lot about a game by seeing how active (and, friendly) the players are in forums.

Anyway, in this forum and another place that I honestly don't remember - and, can't find - I found information about a Dragon Language. From what I've been able to gather from chatting with others, members of a long-gone Guild within Istaria called Keir Chet k'Eilerten were instrumental in bringing (possibly creating) this language.

Once again, I had absolutely no hand in the creation of this marvelous work; I share it here only to save it for future use.
    I don't know if it matters to you now, but I've been working on a translator and trying to extend the language a little. I'm attempting to make it so that dragons in-game, whenever they roleplay, can be quote on quote "fluent". It will work both ways, but since the language has feminine and masculine (posessive) nouns, it'll be picky about what you type in the Eilerten Erdoten box.

Anywho, was just letting you know. Ciao~!

Hi. I`m kinda looking for words that dragons of Istaria might use to greet others. I hear: Greetings! so often. Its boring and a little bit formal. Then i found this thread here. So what happened to this Dragon Language? Is the thread still up to date? Or do i have to stay with: Greetings :P

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

It depends which server board I think is which.

"greetings" is "Glit'sita" or, more casually, "sita". Here's a translator Kirmizi made and here's the original language thread, if that helps?

The language was created by a guild way back when, based on the scraps of the ingame language, so I doubt anything beyond 'naka'duskael' and a few other words are official.

This thread was just sort of made to help find those resources on it, it's not necessarily 'updated' anymore by the original creators, but as far as I know, Kirmizi has been making some new words by ramming others together.

Just curious. Istaria has an own language like dragons say nakas for example. Is there lore for a language that was used? I guess the races didn`t have that much contact before and i could imagine each race even had an own language maybe? Sure Racky mentioned Kirmizis self-made language but is it official istaria dragon language or just invented for rp? If not Did they all speak english mixed with own words all along?

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pryzm View Post
    Just curious. Istaria has an own language like dragons say nakas for example. Is there lore for a language that was used? I guess the races didn`t have that much contact before and i could imagine each race even had an own language maybe? Sure Racky mentioned Kirmizis self-made language but is it official istaria dragon language or just invented for rp? If not Did they all speak english mixed with own words all along?
    The "Eilert Erdoten" was created by a guild that based it on several phrases which are used by dragons in-game. But by no means is there a specific language in-game currently.

For racial backgrounds, there is one quest in Sslanis where you'll be asked to help create a blade for the Militia, in this a Dialect of Sslik is mentioned and used that has it's origins in the Spiritious Swamp, though it's not entirely a "unique" language.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Thread Information