Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epic Resource Formulas / Epic Tokens

Default Re: Epic Resource Formulas / Epic Tokens

I agree a more balanced system. I have proposal but I feel they would shoot it down is to have Epic core priced at 60 tokens and 108 tokens for Component formulas. Just enough to balance or raise amount of tokens given by the auras and quests like 20 per quests and 4-5 per aura. In addition no taking away other people's formulas and not giving them back that just makes people mad.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    I agree a more balanced system. I have proposal but I feel they would shoot it down is to have Epic core priced at 60 tokens and 108 tokens for Component formulas. Just enough to balance or raise amount of tokens given by the auras and quests like 20 per quests and 4-5 per aura. In addition no taking away other people's formulas and not giving them back that just makes people mad.
    Unfortunately that would make the speed of acquiring epics quite fast. Remember, you do not need to own any formulas to have epic items made for you. So, that would mean your cost would be 180 tokens for an epic. Which at 20 per quest and 5 per aura would net you an epic item in 4 days. Not very epic.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

5 per aura? Lesser give 1, Greater 2, when they give... so 3.
    But we can cheat right? So we do a group of 10, take the quest 1 a time, hunt 1 day so we can have 10 for lesser quest, 10 for greater quest, 20 for greater aura and another 10 for lesser aura. So 50 token each a day with a group of 10. 10 because is the limit of group, but we can more time with more people! So start to fix pls, so people don't have to think how to use bad 1 thing who isn't working right.
    And we don't even need 10 player because a lot of us are already dual or triple logging and all the token go to only 1 toon. Stop dual/triple log? Attune the token so we can't trade? Lose money or kill the market?
    Those items aren't Excalibur... Some are good like flurry, some are nice like ogii, but you don't see a lot of player going around in a class who can use.
    Others, like Sog axe, spear, maul, think some others from Reklar/Valkor no one use, we only want for some kind of collection, at least me, but chance to use? 0.
    At this cost? I don't want even for collection.
    Usefull epic things are like 3-4 on what? 18? So we don't need a lot of token. Is nice to have all, but wasting too much time? No thanks.
    In the past was a nice gift to receive a Sog spear/axe/maul. Sometime even a staff or flurry. Now? Can't happen again. Too much work to do.
    So, more comps, less core (for Ogii 3 is good, maybe 2 for Flurry, others i have but i never used so i dunno if are good or bad).
    Ah, less weight too, we have some problem for storage using bags. So maybe a new bag or crate or something without bulk limit should be a nice things to have for keep house and hall in order.
    And i dunno if on blight have component forms for sell now, but if not, maybe is another nice thing to do, first try on blight, then add on live shard.
    Last edited by Berseker; March 7th, 2015 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Unfortunately that would make the speed of acquiring epics quite fast. Remember, you do not need to own any formulas to have epic items made for you. So, that would mean your cost would be 180 tokens for an epic. Which at 20 per quest and 5 per aura would net you an epic item in 4 days. Not very epic.
    I agree but that was just a wild suggestion. I forget to take that into account. Let me rethink I think keep everything the same maybe increase the Greater Quest give out by a little. Maybe some of the epics should be more epic it needs to be worth called an epic. Worth the price it needs to make them.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; March 7th, 2015 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berseker View Post
    And i dunno if on blight have component forms for sell now, but if not, maybe is another nice thing to do, first try on blight, then add on live shard.
    You are wrong on that detail, the component forms are for sale on Vargas, and they already where post patch. There are five: Alchemy Component, Leather Component, Metal Component, Scale Component, Wooden Component - I know because I already owned them, and they where taken away... But that's the story that started this thread. And yes I'm still concerned about.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

On one hand, it's an exploit of a fashion.
    Maybe it's just me being nitpicky >.> But the phrasing(of the quote) annoys me - is it an exploit that some people have the banners despite the content being removed? Or acquired the old techs (or any old item, really)? Hopefully I'm getting my point across.

I sometimes joke that merely playing the game is an exploit due to the amount of crashes, bugs, and other wonky things that'll keep you from doing anything. If forms were priced at 288 and people were somehow buying them for 100 and that wasn't intended, then sure. But, I don't really understand how it could be termed an 'exploit' at all.

I certainly won't expect to be compensated for the Rift tech kit I bought if the prices are brought down. I knew the price when I bought it. I knew I was putting in x amount of hours for y reward. If the cost of the tech kits was changed later on, I wouldn't count that as an exploit.

Don't take this as I'm purely ranting at you, Rack - just thought that little bit of text from your post related to my concern and confusion quite nicely.

Also...I've used quite a bit of comparisons/examples here. Please keep that in mind when responding to me :3 By no means do I think stuff is exactly the same situation, and so on and so forth. They're merely there to show where my train of thought is coming from, as well as show my confusion on some things.

I wouldn't have minded if -all- forms bought had been 'compensated', but when the only things that are removed was something I have to work even -more- for, it smacks of 'Suck it up and grind all over again and then some' as opposed to 'we goofed up with the token costs, let's try this again' - which I assume was the goal of this, though woudln't mind clarification.

Component forms were removed - they went from 72->144 tokens or somesuch. My cores are still there, but they went from 24 tokens to 96(?). Forms went from 288 tokens to 24. Why were -just- component forms messed with?
    Last edited by Alisto; March 9th, 2015 at 02:33 AM.

I been reviewing things and doing calculations the and the current system is fair, just I feel some people need to put efforts in but a good point the epics should be more epic because you have to factor in people making it for them.

Thread Information