Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic Resource Formulas / Epic Tokens

Default Epic Resource Formulas / Epic Tokens

It's gonna make me really upset. I've collected in some weekends enough Epic Tokens to be able to purchase the five Epic Resource Formulas. Now I have to see that all of them got taken out of my knowledge book, I got some Epic Tokens back for them, but not the ammount I've spent on them. What the hell you think how to handle your customers? I stop any activity I've driven and planned on the wiki and other things, that's really something that is no fun.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Epic Resource Formulas / Epic Tokens

Same here, work of 2 weekends blown in the wind.
    Please fix that fast
    there is enough atm we have to be patient with.

Seems, patchdays are days of grief nowadays.

Flameus Nimrod: 100/100/100/100 Lupussan Nimrod: Adventure Rating 278 - Crafting Rating 234 GMC

Found the misssing 72 tokens in the vault. In 11 years of Istaria I can't remember that a scribed form got taken out of my knowledge book. Not one word about this in the patch notes. Nothing. This is not way you should handle your playerbase.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

We got back what we paid for it - and can buy back the forms at about double price.
    Not a bad deal ^^ for whom so ever ^^.

Flameus Nimrod: 100/100/100/100 Lupussan Nimrod: Adventure Rating 278 - Crafting Rating 234 GMC

I apologize that nothing has gone out about this. Players effected should have been emailed individually and I will double check to ensure that they were.

As was posted in a thread asking about the cost changes, players were reimbursed for any formulas which were purchased between the Content Update and the application of Delta 268. In some cases we were able to leave the formulas in place and simply reduce the number of tokens reimbursed by the cost of the formula (24 Tokens in this case), but in others the formulas had to be deleted.

No stacks of Epic Tokens that were earned in the intervening weeks should have been changed but for two cases, and those two players have been contacted. So some may find that they now have multiple stacks of tokens, I believe is how the reimbursement was done.

You should be able to repurchase any formulas that were removed at the new costs should you have enough tokens total. But in some cases, yes you will need to continue to save Tokens before you can buy all the formulas, as the cost of some increased.

I was more or less fine with the forms being removed as a result of the entire new epic loot system being implemented. The reimbursement of that has been fair enough, and the reasons behind it solid.

However, this is twice now previously scribed forms - all of which were something of a pain to get - were removed. I really dislike being punished for playing the game - got the forms before the new epic loot system, those are gone...Got the forms before the new token cost changes, those are gone.

Please stop making us re-acquire things we already have.

This is ridiculous. I believe a balance needs to be made and people should not be screwed out of the formulas enough please listen to the community. Some of the formulas need to make epics are gone from NPC that sells them and gone from the knowledge book it has affect all players. The community is what keeps this game going if you anger the community you will lose money and the game could shutdown.
    Scale Component now doesn't exist only Component that exists is the alchemy. It may be best to do it right away and not wait to Tuesday patch days. Please listen to community more. I care for this game and I don't want to see it go down like this.

I think ill hold on with buying anything for few weeks or so till things are settled....

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

It depends which server board I think is which.

Either I'm not understanding the situation or you all are overreacting...

Yes, the initial reimbursement was pretty crap. I understand that, not complaints here. But why are you all getting flustered over the 2nd sweep? It's so that you get your epic tokens back for things you bought with the higher prices so you don't feel cheated since the change happened after you were reimbursed. If you bought stuff and scribed it and now hear it's cheaper I imagine you'd be just as annoyed because you all already spent your hard-earned tokens and now can't take advantage of your extra work.

I can't say there's any better way to do it. Sorry that formulas were wiped but is going back to the formula dealer that much of an issue? Especially after the devs listened to you all about the initial reimbursement and tried to sooth frayed nerves and potential newly frayed nerves by making sure you get your token's worth?

I mean no disrespect but I'm honestly confused by what feels like the hostility towards what I interpret as a kind act. They could have just let you sit there with 144 token worth formulas after changing it saying "hah should have waited"...

Edit:
    From what I understand, the epic formulas cost 144 tokens. People were reimbursed 24 for the existing ones. After some anger and arguing, costs were readjusted so that the formulas cost 24 instead, so a 1:1 ratio. Those who bought formulas between the 2 updates were given back the 144 tokens to repurchase their newly-priced formula at 24, technically saving 120 tokens.

If that isn't what this is like then ignore me.
    Last edited by Racktor; March 4th, 2015 at 11:43 PM.

I got reimbursed for component formulas. 72 tokens. that part is fine. but I bought those formulas before patch so I could save on tokens . those component formulas now cost 144. this was not cheating just being resourceful.

(im not angry,just kind of frustrated with so many changes at once)

also this is off topic but my main frustration is that those who don't use Skype are often surprised by changes that were never discussed here. (linked dragon abilities). as if hiding things from other players. that's what it looks like to me,sorry.
    patch notes mentioned 1.5 second cooldown not 15 seconds.
    Last edited by Tilithia; March 5th, 2015 at 12:26 AM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Either I'm not understanding the situation or you all are overreacting...

Yes, the initial reimbursement was pretty crap. I understand that, not complaints here. But why are you all getting flustered over the 2nd sweep? It's so that you get your epic tokens back for things you bought with the higher prices so you don't feel cheated since the change happened after you were reimbursed. If you bought stuff and scribed it and now hear it's cheaper I imagine you'd be just as annoyed because you all already spent your hard-earned tokens and now can't take advantage of your extra work.

I can't say there's any better way to do it. Sorry that formulas were wiped but is going back to the formula dealer that much of an issue? Especially after the devs listened to you all about the initial reimbursement and tried to sooth frayed nerves and potential newly frayed nerves by making sure you get your token's worth?

I mean no disrespect but I'm honestly confused by what feels like the hostility towards what I interpret as a kind act. They could have just let you sit there with 144 token worth formulas after changing it saying "hah should have waited"...

Edit:
    From what I understand, the epic formulas cost 144 tokens. People were reimbursed 24 for the existing ones. After some anger and arguing, costs were readjusted so that the formulas cost 24 instead, so a 1:1 ratio. Those who bought formulas between the 2 updates were given back the 144 tokens to repurchase their newly-priced formula at 24, technically saving 120 tokens.

If that isn't what this is like then ignore me.
    It's not just that some of formulas disappeared and not even available but they are back now in the npc I checked but not everyone got the formulas for components they subscribed before back.

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    I got reimbursed for component formulas. 72 tokens. that part is fine. but I bought those formulas before patch so I could save on tokens . those component formulas now cost 144. this was not cheating just being resourceful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    It's not just that some of formulas disappeared and not even available but they are back now in the npc I checked but not everyone got the formulas for components they subscribed before back.
    Ahh alright, that makes more sense. ^^;

also this is off topic but my main frustration is that those who don't use Skype are often surprised by changes that were never discussed here. (linked dragon abilities). as if hiding things from other players. that's what it looks like to me,sorry.
    Before I write anything to this I just want to say I don't mean to sound angry, frustrated, accusing, or anything of the sort!

None of us in skype knew of the linked dragon breaths and SHoG/RB. We were all surprised too. We thought it wasn't intended and just asked Amon when he logged on if it was, which he replied yes to. I posted a screenshot here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...l=1#post302611

The Shield of Gold and Refreshing Breeze linked cooldown wasn't mentioned either and was in fact a mistake, once again figured out by just asking. (Or maybe Amon mentioned it in passing himself, I'm not sure) The devs just haven't gotten around to, had the time to, or tried to make a thread about it just yet on the forums.

What we did know about was that things were getting lower cooldowns and linked up. But Amon only mentioned that casually as he was going through it and we didn't encourage him to do it or have much of a say. The links for everything except breaths (purposeful, accidentally missed when writing notes) and SHoG/RB (not purposeful) were listed here on the Blight delta: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...a-268&p=302573

The devs aren't hiding anything from the forums. They just get asked questions and they answer them honestly.. in this situation it's only Amon, since he's the only one currently with presence in the chat. And 99% of the time we are either talking to him like a fellow player or asking him simple questions.
    And also this was addressed before here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...k-to-the-Skype

patch notes mentioned 1.5 second cooldown not 15 seconds.
    Btw cooldown is the time before you can use another ability. Recycle is what all other games call 'cooldown' which is, indeed, 15 seconds.
    It was already somewhat addressed here, but I basically just kind of said the same thing: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...611&viewfull=1

fair enough Racktor.
    its just an impression ive been getting for a while. I understand,devs are humans as well and may leave things out accidently. I appreciate their work but id appreciate even more if they kept us more informed.

I'm sure they try their best to keep everyone well informed but things can slip under the radar or go unspoken by accident and I can't do much myself to prevent that. ^^;

Edit: I'm not sure where this was mentioned or when but I do remember one of the devs saying that this patch was somewhat rushed because it contained lots of bug fixes and necessary changes that people were asking for, so it was a bit of a mess for both sides.

You buy a TV at the store and pay a low price. After a week the store noticed they priced the TV wrong and bill the difference after a week from your credit card.

This is excatly how this one feels to me. It not been the players who did something wrong, it has been VI. And I'm fed up with this, and yes I'm angry about.

The only thing that strikes me is ther word "compensation" which to ME generally means you are getting something back for being put out. that being the case compensation should have been something along the lines of 36 tokens per epic form (they are worth 24) that wouldn't have really given anyone that many extra tokens.. but it would have felt like a "sorry we put you out but here have this to make up for it, thank you for you hard work".

In the same breath however I'm not upset. yes I just bought all the epic component forms trying to make a "Big Saving" but the devs are smarter than me (I am in the infantry most people are ). It just means more work..

I have had an Idea however (dangerous I know) is there any chance people can turn in completed unattuned weapons to get tokens? I dunno maybe 75 per weapon? And Yes I know a weapon takes alot more to make.. BUT if people have more than they need they might be willing to trade for tokens.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

You should all keep one thing in mind, this new system is way better than the old system. It may have some things that need to be addressed but you don't have to take years killing one Epic boss to get the parts for an Epic Weapon. The Devs I am sure are doing their best to accommodate everyone.

Anyone that tried to get free tokens by buying up the cheap forms before the price change, what did you think the Devs would do? Its just wrong, imho.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    Anyone that tried to get free tokens by buying up the cheap forms before the price change, what did you think the Devs would do? Its just wrong, imho.
    Not sure about anyone else but I bought and scribed the scale component form BEFORE there was a mention of a price change with the thought that I'd be keeping the form forever. Even if people were aware of the price change, what would be wrong about buying it beforehand? By your logic, it would be wrong to complete a quest line that was relatively easy before a change that made it more difficult. That's not wrong, that's just being smart and happening to be around before the change.

I wonder what your opinion on the double xp events is... would it be wrong to take advantage of a situation where it's twice as easy to do something than usual? Because that's exactly what the price change was: it was twice as easy to get the component forms than it is now.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    You buy a TV at the store and pay a low price. After a week the store noticed they priced the TV wrong and bill the difference after a week from your credit card.

This is excatly how this one feels to me. It not been the players who did something wrong, it has been VI. And I'm fed up with this, and yes I'm angry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    You should all keep one thing in mind, this new system is way better than the old system. It may have some things that need to be addressed but you don't have to take years killing one Epic boss to get the parts for an Epic Weapon. The Devs I am sure are doing their best to accommodate everyone.

Both of these make sense to me equally.

On one hand, it's an exploit of a fashion. There were certainly people who jumped at the cheap formulas for the sake of cheap formulas in hopes of avoiding the higher cost later. By the definition of the word, it's an exploit, but not really by the accepted usage of the word. For example: A questline that took most players 1 week to do is bugged so if you greet a certain NPC you get the reward immediately. People who got this fair and square would be angry. If the exploiters had the ability taken away afterwards due to it being an exploit of a bug, no one would be complaining and no on would say it was "intuitive" because we'd all see it as an exploit.

Now, on the other hand, everyone is punished for one what crowd has done. The people who saw the price change and jumped at cheap formulas might have not got those formulas anyway and just grabbed them for the update's sake. Technically, in the eyes of developers, this isn't right. You shouldn't get something easy that a future will get and past generation has gotten much harder in a timespan between 2 updates "just cuz". So, it was taken away. Unfortunately people who just bought the formula as normal gameplay were 'punished', too.

Really in the end the formulas shouldn't have been taken away. The epic formulas? Yeah, they were changed for the sake of people who needed to reaquire them. But the component formulas probably wasn't the best idea even if it looked like it from a technical standpoint. I did the Lunus Rite of Passage when the Phylactory did over a million damage for no apparent reason, one-shotting SD. I'd be angry if my character was changed back and I had to redo that one quest just because I happened to do my quest during a time period in which the quest was bugged. Now, if someone superushed through the test just to exploit that bug, it's a different story.

Two big viewpoints here cause a sticky situation. I wasn't caught up in all of this craziness as I have no formulas whatsoever, though. But I do advise people to not start jumping at the devs' and each others' throats because of something like this. It's a game. Calm down, sit back, relax, and then talk about it. The devs certainly won't listen to people who just will rage around in a circle even if you do have a right to be frustrated/angry.

This new system need more fix.

Old System: i had all the forms, so i can do items for friends if they come with mats.

New System: now i have token for rebuy the forms but i can't do nothing because i don't have token for buy component forms, atm not are even for sell. Another bug.

With this "new new" System with different price at the end, in the long time, cost more of the "old new" System (initial price with too low token back 24/288).

Cost of core, too high, need too much. Same cost for make 1 spear/axe/maul and 1 ogii/flurry...

Have to use more simply mats, less core. In 1 day i can have 20-23 token (depend if aura work or not). For 1 core are 96 token, for 3 core are 288 token, so i have to hunt about 13-15 days for enough token for buy core. With those hunts i'll be overload with mats. Need 6 and at the end i'll have a tons.

So less core, maybe some parts without, for reproduce che chance to find a wpn in the past, like with Sog wpn, easy for spear/maul/axe and hard for staff/flurry, really hard for ogii.

In the past you could find 1 spear/maul for 50-100s. Now? With all the work 1 need? I don't think 100s is a fair price.

Another problem.

We have a nice community, so please change the working method.

Devs apply 1 thing - Community rant - Fix in some way - Community rant - Another fix with bug - Community rant - Another fix (and sometime another thing get screwed in the process, dunno why) - Community rant - Another fix - Finally seem to work and community is quiet, not happy

So please try this: speak first and do later. We can have all the patience of the world in the thing are coming in the right way. Less if we have to keep doing and redoing thing for be capable to do the same things. Like for reattunement quest. If i want to see restyled area i'll go, if i have to do for reattune... is a waste of time.

I love this game, but i already have taken a break of some years, restarted play 2 years ago, now seem to be time for another break.

Thread Information