Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Stun Lock change

  1. #21

    Default Re: Stun Lock change

    all very mature and logical reasoning here.
    But maybe there is another side of the coin.
    Most of the players have a favourite school they like to play most.
    They have their own good reasons why. And they are proud of the highlight that class offers.
    Be it when play solo or in group.
    Take away that--fun is reduced , player is annoyed.
    No prob? Change playstyle- find out what other schools have to offer?
    Sounds a good plan at first.
    I know players who gave up Druid, then Sorcerer-now Elar then Ranger.
    2 have even left due to nerfing their main class.
    Count druids and sorcers as main classes on the servers..
    and lets wait what happens to Elars and Rangers.
    What I want to say is: Give them something instead, so they still have good reasons to play that class.
    (and pls a better substitution than sorcers got)
    Like you did with GoldRage:
    Longer recycle- but guarantee to hit
    (oh yess- GoldRage never misses- but the "you hit with 0 deamage" rate has increased-much increased^^)

    good reasonig and logic is one thing- but there is an emotional side too
    Most of us play this game "with all our heart"- that should be taken into consideration too
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; March 15th, 2015 at 07:26 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #22

    Default Re: Stun Lock change

    thanks Lov i like your suggestions. unlike dragon nerfs ( they always get something in returned when nerfed ) , bipeds always get nerfed and told tough luck . I have watched as many biped classes and ability gets nerfed . SO why not just get rid of ALL biped classes so players have to play just DRAGONS ( the money maker ) .you say stun lock is a bad thing but even using a demon flurry , you only get a 3% chance to stun for 3 secs ( any other hit will negate the stun ) , so in a group this is not ever a stun lock . i see alot of none ranged players responding to this thread . i suggest they get their ranged classed biped to 100 and then respond .Lov you are very right the FUN have gone away from the game for many and i see more leaving in the future . as per being able to never get hit as a ranger in a golem field i suggest you show me your secrets cause even using demon flurry , lightning arrow and ranged flurry i rarely stun them to they die . i do take lots of damage especially after the damage nerf ( now i miss 75% of the time even hitting low level mobs )

  3. #23

    Default Re: Stun Lock change

    Quote Originally Posted by terrox View Post
    thanks Lov i like your suggestions. unlike dragon nerfs ( they always get something in returned when nerfed ) , bipeds always get nerfed and told tough luck . I have watched as many biped classes and ability gets nerfed . SO why not just get rid of ALL biped classes so players have to play just DRAGONS ( the money maker ) .you say stun lock is a bad thing but even using a demon flurry , you only get a 3% chance to stun for 3 secs ( any other hit will negate the stun ) , so in a group this is not ever a stun lock . i see alot of none ranged players responding to this thread . i suggest they get their ranged classed biped to 100 and then respond .Lov you are very right the FUN have gone away from the game for many and i see more leaving in the future . as per being able to never get hit as a ranger in a golem field i suggest you show me your secrets cause even using demon flurry , lightning arrow and ranged flurry i rarely stun them to they die . i do take lots of damage especially after the damage nerf ( now i miss 75% of the time even hitting low level mobs )
    Perhaps you should take a look at the most recently series of patches and look for changes to biped schools. There are FAR more adjustments to timers speeding abilities up than there were for Dragons. Far more.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

    Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

  4. #24

    Default Re: Stun Lock change

    yes I always keep up to date on all upcoming patch notes and I still am wondering were the far improvements are ( ranged flurry 90 sec recylce is nice BUT 30 durations SUCKS ) . healer recycles are also nice but try killing mobs as a healer solo ( you have said previous that you want healer to be a support class and WONT give the class any offensive abilities ) . cripple and pierce recycles are better but the ability themselves need improvements to be useful. make ranged flurry 100% hit , make cripple have 100% HIT, 75 % debuff ( maybe heavy or paralyze ), make heartstop do 2x damage and a DOT with a 1`% chance of instant kill( you are landing a HEARTSHOT).
    Last edited by terrox; March 15th, 2015 at 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling

  5. #25

    Default Re: Stun Lock change

    (it was not my intention to cause any flaming with my post. Esp not another dragons vs biped thing.
    Blame it to my insufficiant language that it might have sound like.
    All have to make compromises for a better more vivid game. Devs did a great job with the last patches.
    Number of people online and the fun we have prove that. Sry that I obviersly wasent able to explain, what I ment)
    YOU told me to play a dragon! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #26

    Default Re: Stun Lock change

    Im gonna do it..im gonna risk my sanity...

    Whoever said demon flurry is 3% proc or something..IF ITS SO SMALL THEN WHY IS STUN LOCKING POSSIBLE ONLY WITH THE DEMON FLURRY?

    This change is NOT hurting ranger at all, rangers have sufficient heals, cloak of thorns, druid stuns etc. to fall back on aside form your perma stun...get me an ELAR or SORC and i'll listen to complaints about stun locks.

    There's a huge problem when only ranged classes can take out things like the Greater anchor solo and furthermore when your enemy is so consistantly stunned (espcially rangers) can solo all epics except reklar. Why would you be concerned when you can just keep it stunned for 90% of the time? Until now, all you wanted if you were elar/ranger in terms of gorup members were people to speed up the process of killing an epic.

    But hey, now that you can't stun lock stuff they can make better adjustments to the schools affected. Adjustments that won't end up with people not taking damage because the enemy can't do a thing.


    EDIT:
    I awlays say to people on dragon vs ped arguements "Take ranger away from your thoughts and THEN give me a dragon v ped arguement" or something akin to that. ELAR and i think SORC too fall under the same bracket too, because the reason i say it is because perma stun gave those schools such a huge advantage over everything dragons cry about not haivng perma stuns and don't realise that other ped classes really don't have that much power and advantage.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Stun Lock change

    in every other MMO i have played if you spam an ability long enough the target got resistance ( not after 1 hit ) so why don't we apply this to all abilities that way a mage that spams heals, a berserker that spams rage or even a dragon that spams breath weapons, spells or Gold rage is effected the same way. but not after the first hit . and YES demon flurry is 3% chance at max damage. when uses with lightning arrows 3 sec stun ,it was useful UNTIL someone else hit the target .. i would like to see the biped ranger that could solo a epic since they are ALL immune to stuns . please get your facts straight cause the EFFECT of lightning arrow was neglected by the very next hit

  8. #28

    Default Re: Stun Lock change

    Quote Originally Posted by terrox View Post
    in every other MMO i have played if you spam an ability long enough the target got resistance ( not after 1 hit ) so why don't we apply this to all abilities that way a mage that spams heals, a berserker that spams rage or even a dragon that spams breath weapons, spells or Gold rage is effected the same way. but not after the first hit . and YES demon flurry is 3% chance at max damage. when uses with lightning arrows 3 sec stun ,it was useful UNTIL someone else hit the target .. i would like to see the biped ranger that could solo a epic since they are ALL immune to stuns . please get your facts straight cause the EFFECT of lightning arrow was neglected by the very next hit
    if you use multi-strike..or whichever it was, it does -multiply- that 3% chance compared to your "normal" hit rate (multiplied by 3 I think...could be 4, and honestly, you should have this ability on at all times), not to mention that demon flurry's effect overrides said effect, and basicly does the same, thus keeping that 3% chance still relatively high.

    I can testify to having perma-stunned something while solo-ing on ranger, and yes, the effect gets removed after 1 hit...but if you stun within 2 seconds again, what does that even matter?

    As for epics, Reklar is the only one that's truly and fully immune to stuns I believe, others just have a "resistence" if you want to call it that.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Stun Lock change

    so if this is the way dragons spamming staggered howl or snarl on reklar to keep his evasion permantly down should be altered like stuns. OOPPS did I let a dragon secret out of the bag

  10. #30

    Default Re: Stun Lock change

    Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    There's a huge problem when only ranged classes can take out things like the Greater anchor solo .
    Not sure if you consider Drags as ranged class too- but we can^^
    Have not tried since anchor strikes back (and shall not do, cause it took a lot of testing and preparation- and then again, it took hours to get it down)- but a caster drag could do it.

    ZEN Philosophy says "there are no secrets" and I gladly share with those who are intersted. So no "Ooops" necessary- but a thank you to all who share knowledge and experiences with the community.
    YOU told me to play a dragon! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #31

    Default Re: Stun Lock change

    Quote Originally Posted by terrox View Post
    so if this is the way dragons spamming staggered howl or snarl on reklar to keep his evasion permantly down should be altered like stuns. OOPPS did I let a dragon secret out of the bag
    Except that neither of those skills affects evasion, and Snarl requires at least 3 dragons keeping careful timing to keep the debuff permanently on a mob. Nothing like a single character able to stunlock almost any mob in the game, keeping it from ever being able to fight back.

    We all get your favored class with its godmode ability got nerfed, but instead of trying to tear down everyone else, why not offer suggestions on how your favored class could be buffed in areas it needs improvement?
    Chaos: Cilok Magmaborn (Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Ssleirr Smoothscale (low-level Sslisk)

  12. #32

    Default Re: Stun Lock change

    Quote Originally Posted by terrox View Post
    so if this is the way dragons spamming staggered howl or snarl on reklar to keep his evasion permantly down should be altered like stuns. OOPPS did I let a dragon secret out of the bag
    You didn't let a dragon secret out of the bag, snarl got "nerfed" for the reason that you almost nothing could get past it. Besides, you're comparing a GROUP of dragons to solo archer.

    Archer classes - due to the nature of the abilties used - essentially spam shots proccing lightning arrows continously because of the demon bow. To keep something perma stunned this.

    Now this is an important thing - the word spam.
    Spam being, to constantly repeat the hting over and over again.
    Do dragons spam the abilties? Not individually, and are very rarely cooridnated enough to spam with a group. (Because usually, eveyrone starts snarling within 5 seconds of each other).

    Do archers spam? YES. You very repeatedly - within literally seconds - proc a stun hit, then a stun overtakes it, then a stun overtakes it..to get perma stun.

    To be honest, i think the "secret" of the demon bow should've been revealed earlier, because without the demon bow you can't do the perma stun. (thoguh you can stun often, you can't do it permanently.)

  13. #33

    Default Re: Stun Lock change

    Closing this thread as it appears to have devolved into another "dragons vs bipeds" debate. The OPs point was about the original reason for changing the way stun works in the game. I believe we answered that so this thread has run its course.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

    Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. lock items
    By Vlisson in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 13th, 2008, 07:12 AM
  2. decrease werewolf stun abilities
    By Gliding Frost in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 29th, 2005, 09:04 PM
  3. Stun immuneity
    By Safire in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: January 13th, 2005, 10:39 AM
  4. Elf Striders perma stun
    By Leviathan in forum Game Bugs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 30th, 2004, 04:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •