Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk to the Team: Structure Storage

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Structure Storage

Yeah, I don't see how it's a downside at all.

If you don't trust the public storage, just pretend nothing changed and it isn't there (don't use it).
    No need to campaign against it since you are afraid to lose something.

The really nice benefit will be storage in the shops on plot and in lairs. Maybe some of the crowded silos can be taken out to make plots look nicer. This is nothing but good.

I love the idea of more storage.
    It will make my crafting a lot easier with less running around.
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

A great Idea. I see No drawback what so ever the sooner this is introduced the better. (and no I don't consider "potential griefing" a drawback, Considering you don't HAVE to use it.)
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

In going through and looking this over, I'm finding a real lack of Tannery structures in the world in general. No promises, but are there locations where having a Tannery "would be nice"? Right now they are all in either T1 areas or on Abandoned Island.

There are Tanning Rack/Mannequin machines in racial towns and scattered in settlements having Trade Centers. These augment the Tanneries for decent world coverage I believe.

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; March 28th, 2015 at 04:02 PM.

I love both ideas, i support this 100%. As a crafter i've wanted to see this since day one. This will definately help the resource grind, and if enough bulk and stack are available it could really help with team plot building efforts.

As far as tanneries are concerned, yes there is something of a shortage here, but i dont think its really been a major concern to most players. Leather based materials dont really have any demand, most of the classes favored by players use either metal or cloth armors, and i cant think of any plot structures that use leather. The main thing ive seen tanneries used for is mushroom cap processing, and the only real use for that is for leveling purposes. This could be a potential area for future additions.
    Having said all that, it cant really hurt to have a tannery here and there in logical locations.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

You could add a Tannery (or the machines anyway) to the Blackhammer Farm. They have a Gruok infestation next door and would logically be harvesting the resources they kill. ;)

1. A tannery up on the hill above HARRO where the Steelsilk is (between, thornwood treants and harro portal) would be a nice addition.

A tannery near kwellen hides or various level maggots/ruxus/arbotus would make sense if there were something to make out of them. I miss the tiered leatherwork (remember all that work with fungus?) and wish there were something special to do with the hides from the different varieties of critters in the world. Tiered banners could make fun plot fluff - higher tier for higher/bigger banners? Or techs/kits made with tanned hides.

Because there is not much to do with them, I've not much missed having tanneries more widespread.

I really like the idea of having additional storage in shops. But the current structure permission options need an overhaul. It is possible to open the plot for friends, guilds, all or none - but if you open the plot for all you can not restrict certain structures for friends - thats missing greatly and should be looked into at the same time.
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

I look forward to the upcoming changes in storage. Thank you if this does go through. ;)

It will be an interesting new concept and I'm looking forward to rebuilding and possibly eliminating some silos.

I would agree with Dvergar on the plot permissions needing an overhaul with this. I'm hoping the Private Player owned shops with storage will be able to be controlled, along with the rest of your plot. The permissions should be as follows:
    Open to all
    Open to Friends only
    Open to Guild only
    Restricted to few - This is one that would work well if you have alts and you want those alts to have access to perhaps a House with valuable artifacts. Sometimes you have things that you don't want friends, guild into but nice to be able to gain access through your alts.

There will be no change to the plot permissions system with this change. That is not something that the content team can do.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Public storage would be just that, public. If you put things in it then technically it isn't yours any longer. So if someone takes it, then thats the risk. The upside, of course, is that you'd have storage next to public machines. So yes the risk of griefing is there, but thats the trade-off same as if you make silos on your plot public and put resources in them.
    I like the idea of public storage by crafting stations. Sometimes you can find some out of the way places in the game, that no one else visits, or even knows about. So then there is a good chance it is to yourself. Myself once I get past a certain point, or just over harvest I am fine with leaving my left overs inside there for others to just have. My other option is just adding extra junk to my Hoard, and that isn't really helping anyone out.

I tend to over harvest a lot. I am usually out in the middle of nowhere. During times of the day most of my guild mates aren't on. Some of which are not needing said resources at all yet, or are past them already. Lord knows my vault cannot handle much more pack ratting as it is as well lol!

It would be a good addition for those who find it useful, say someone who wants to help level a friend, a different craft for what ever reason or an alt. Anyone who doesn't like them, just doesn't use them, and can continue to do what they normally do with this feature not effecting them what so ever!

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

Just some feedback on the change...

I love it. The new storage in shops makes it much easier to gather and craft in isolated places, and the new storage in my plots is very, very welcome.

--
    Tamlis Packrat on Order
    --
    Daulnay
    Tamlis Askereth, Saris, Order
    Thorncloud Moonskimmer, Dragon, Order

Quote Originally Posted by Daulnay View Post
    Just some feedback on the change...

I love it. The new storage in shops makes it much easier to gather and craft in isolated places, and the new storage in my plots is very, very welcome.

--
    Tamlis Packrat on Order
    I totally agree. This makes craft grinds so much easier. Love this change!

I love the storage additions. Thank you very much.

I have found an inconsistency, though. Storage was added to the craft cave/lair at the cobalt field outside of Dralk, that already had a silo adjacent to the machine room. However, the craft cave at the obsidian field (also outside of Dralk) has no storage that I can find.

I don't know if there are any other inconsistencies but perhaps a review of craft caves is in order? Or is it just a difference between a lair style cave vrs the older craft style cave?

Quote Originally Posted by damger View Post

I have found an inconsistency, though. Storage was added to the craft cave/lair at the cobalt field outside of Dralk, that already had a silo adjacent to the machine room. However, the craft cave at the obsidian field (also outside of Dralk) has no storage that I can find.

I don't know if there are any other inconsistencies but perhaps a review of craft caves is in order? Or is it just a difference between a lair style cave vrs the older craft style cave?
    Interesting I think the craft caves the machines in them should have storage added to them as well, well the ones in the field not sure about in towns or cities.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    Interesting I think the craft caves the machines in them should have storage added to them as well, well the ones in the field not sure about in towns or cities.
    This would probably require rebuilding both the machine chamber and silo chamber.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by damger View Post

I think the difference in this specific case is that one is a lair (by the cobalt) and the other is an all-purpose crafting cave like those in Dralk proper. In the former it is actually a lair chamber, Smelting; whereas is the latter it is simply a room that houses the machines.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Thread Information