Thread: What make Istaria , Istaria For you?

Cool What make Istaria , Istaria For you?

For me It would be the Huge open world, Dragons, the Withered Aegis and the Us vs Them (WA) survivor mentality, as well as the huge amount of customization. Thats what makes this game so awesome for me. How about the rest of you What Makes Istaria, Istaria For you?

Default Re: What make Istaria , Istaria For you?

The awesome community among the players has ALWAYS been my favorite thing about this game.
    Entropy isn't what it used to be...

The HUGE variety of things you can do in the world, the extensive crafting classes, immersive lore (When there aren't typos!), everything I had ever wanted in a dragon character, and most importantly: the community.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

*thinks long and hard*
    (troll_mode) I know what it is.. Me I make istaria what it is. I am what makes it great (/troll_mode)

Actually to me its the Scions. And all my friends both in and out of it. Yes thats right all you guys out there are what make this game great

And also I will give a shout to the devs. Ok they do sometimes do things to infuriate us but most of the time they are open to discusssion and come to us more than any other game I know of.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

All that's been said...most importantly, though, the community. And, by that I not only mean the players, but the Devs. As has been said, I've never seen a game where there was this level of communication between players and those creating and maintaining the game. For all the kvetching and whining we do as players, we *are* listened to and we *do* get actual discussion. We may not get everything we want, but, at least we have the chance of being heard...a lot more than happens on most games.

And, I'm sure the Devs hardly ever scream in total frustration or pound their heads against a desk....

I believe what makes Istaria Istaria ok that sounds weird, is the community as well. I also like the fact the it's a small community and it feels like living in a small town and knowing everyone. Which may not be the best for getting rich running an MMO but, it is still a nice feeling. I enjoy the antiquated graphics, I don't want any change in that department it's different than all the rest.

I enjoy the open communication between the developers and the community.

And I am totally stoked at Blight Delta 268, 269. I am seeing lot's of improvements to what exists today instead of leaving the broke and making more new. It runs along that line of what I was asking the other day in game, which would make a great thread. What would YOU do if you ran Istaria? My short answer was, I would stop all improvements and additions to the game and compile a list of everything that is known right here and right now that is broke and fix it. This process would be a lot slower as it would have an extensive Quality control check and after all that, then we could move forward with new changes.

Sorry to ramble but, all in all, I love this game and I am very happy with the changes I have seen and still love playing this game.

-Kor

Thread Information