Thread: Harvest Festival at Unity most likely starts at Friday after Maintenance

Default Harvest Festival at Unity most likely starts at Friday after Maintenance

Don't start a war please that its not posted here by Luca, since its only an ETA (E for estimation) and not put in stone, but that is what he answered when I send him a mail asking about the most likely time of it to show up at Unity.
    He got the instructions how to do it only yesterday. And it most likely will end at monday or tuesday morning depending on when they apply the latest patch to catch up with NA-shards.

Personal guess since I'm not sure about this: This patch most likely reverts the vault back to normal since this was the reason patch were delayed for unity for several weeks now. I want to stress, I'm NOT sure about this, if someone can confirm it (not only guess or hear-say), I would appreciate this. I just wanted to tell you, so you at least can consider that development, ok?

Horizons Empire

Default Re: Harvest Festival at Unity most likely starts at Friday after Maintenance

to be honest I could not care less than about this Harvest festival thingee..

if this means the vault sizes are back to normal then I will gladly be even more pissed than I am already.

I don't care for some hoogey-boogey eye-candy runaround when

1. I have not been able to build on our guild plot since two days!! (yes, rollback yesterday.. and the ******** of today)

2. we have not been able to build half the stuff we were supposed to bé building, because some machines in the field did not spawn

3. harvest has long been gone anyway.. and yeah.. okay we all want masks.

But I give a damen about some mask if the server is not up!

Dammmit.
    -- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

Default Re: Harvest Festival at Unity most likely starts at Friday after Maintenance

tru...unfortunately...
    Myca Ghimerov, Fiendish Wizard, Sorcerer, Enchanter, Mason. Retired.

Proud Member of the Steel Phoenix

also nice to know that our OFFICIAL community guy does

a) not post in here

b) has the time to answer you emails about it

c) but is not reachable now

this does not mean I offend you for being heared and answered, this only shows how the communication on this board is a mess.

-- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

not so much on this board, but from GN to the playerbase...
    Myca Ghimerov, Fiendish Wizard, Sorcerer, Enchanter, Mason. Retired.

Proud Member of the Steel Phoenix

Although I understand the need for some to have these latest patches applied as soon as possible for me it will be another small nail in the coffin [:(]

The time given us after the Auctions is not even close to what the NA got. The fact that the town my plot is in is bugged and therefore difficult to access, the fact that 2 days gaming (for me) have had no chance at all to build, the fact that once again (if this happens) there will be no REASONABLE amount of time to prepare for it, will all help push me away.

Yes Im only one player so who cares? But tonight I spent time playing my old fabourite DAoC and had a blast with there latest expansion [:)]

At the very least we should be told officially, with a weeks notice, that such a big change will happen. Ok so we didnt get a weeks notice for every other major change, but its about time GN treated us with at least some respect.

NA got approx 4 weeks after the auctions with unlimited vaults. NA got more than a weeks notice of the vault changes, by applying to blight then informing that live would change in a week.

GN give us some respect, treat us like the customers we are, not as though we are something you picked up on the sole of your shoes.
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

Thorgat,

Thanks for sharing this information with us ...

But i have to admit that regardless the information I am utterly dissappointed in Luca not showing his face on the forums ... Yes, he is probably a busy man .. but then on the other hand .. if he can say it in a mail to a player .. he could have said it in a post on the forums ..

Can I ask you, thorgat, That if you do have an occasion in which you have contact with luca .. that you will mention to him that we want to see him here posting and communicating with us ...

We are maybe a loudly bunch of people but we do not bite (yet :P)

cheers :)

Elkandriel

I doubt they would revert vaults to normal just before weekend, right after these 2 server down times and just about 3 days after auctions ended. Next week...

erm didnt it start yet then Thorgat????
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Quote Originally Posted by Xante
    Thorgat,
    Thanks for sharing this information with us ...

But i have to admit that regardless the information I am utterly dissappointed in Luca not showing his face on the forums ... Yes, he is probably a busy man .. but then on the other hand .. if he can say it in a mail to a player .. he could have said it in a post on the forums ..
    That was exactly what I thought might probably happen, thats why I brooded about if I should tell you for some hours - I wanted other player to have at least the info bits I could give to HZE but didn't want to start a shouting why it is not stated here. :(
    I can only guess why it is not, as I said already and I didn't feel comfortable in any way with it too, believe me please. But you know how people jump up and down when an ETA isn't met finally too, so I believe since it hasen't been sure that was the reason for it.
    And to correct that, I'm not just a player but admin of HZE which is important in german HZ-player base but since Luca can't read our german forums I try to keep him informed what goes on in general. So I deliever questions our user rise more often too and by that I knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xante
    Can I ask you, thorgat, That if you do have an occasion in which you have contact with luca .. that you will mention to him that we want to see him here posting and communicating with us ...

We are maybe a loudly bunch of people but we do not bite (yet :P)

cheers :)
    He is well aware of that and gets really ugly stuff quite often so more of that "biting" probably isn't more helpful ;) - that I'm saying without any defending it or judging.

Horizons Empire

Well Thorgat - to be honest I don't care much of his fear of "getting bitten" when he arrives here.

He has a job to do - if he can't tackle it, then hire someone else.
    GN has a job to do as well, and it sure seems like they either can't or won't do it.

Wednesday: Downtime from 22:30 to at least 04:00 CET..
    Thursday: Downtime from 20:00 to at least 01:00 CET..
    Friday: Downtime from 14:00 (prolly earlier) to - when?

Tell me - why should we polite to a man who clearly doesn't do his job?
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

I have not stated in any way that he is afraid of it, I stated he gets "biten" already and it seems not to achieve what is wanted, does it?

Horizons Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgat
    That was exactly what I thought might probably happen, thats why I brooded about if I should tell you for some hours - I wanted other player to have at least the info bits I could give to HZE but didn't want to start a shouting why it is not stated here. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]
    I can only guess why it is not, as I said already and I didn't feel comfortable in any way with it too, believe me please. But you know how people jump up and down when an ETA isn't met finally too, so I believe since it hasen't been sure that was the reason for it.
    And to correct that, I'm not just a player but admin of HZE which is important in german HZ-player base but since Luca can't read our german forums I try to keep him informed what goes on in general. So I deliever questions our user rise more often too and by that I knew it.

[Y]Hats off Thorgat! Even I am not german, it is nice to see that we have also people that try to keep different languaged speaking players informed... Keep it up :)

I do realise that you probably felt that you have been put in a difficult position... This is why I said that we do appriciated it that you shared your information [Y]

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgat
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Xante wrote:

We are maybe a loudly bunch of people but we do not bite (yet [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img])

cheers [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    He is well aware of that and gets really ugly stuff quite often so more of that "biting" probably isn't more helpful [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img] - that I'm saying without any defending it or judging.

It is good to know that luca is aware of the frustration (maybe anger by some) about the current situation and especially service on Unity.... However, I do believe that Luca gets with time ugly stuff (I guess that is really angered mails). While we probably all would like to be constructive, it isn`t always easy ... becasue a lot of people probably have a feeling that they are trying to talk to a stone wall (if you know what I mean)....
    Personally I think that probably one of the best things -for the current moment- what luca could do, is to post a small or big update on what is going on probably with including the following things:

- How did it come that we had quite a lot of unsheduled Downtime? and what has been done to prevent it of rehappening?

- What is the upcoming patch shedule: which patch comes when ? when does the vault shrink? when does Fall Harvest event actually start (bugged for the moment) ? (or what do they try to achieve with the patches9eg.. vault stays a bit longe, event takes place in meantime etc))

The problem is -and I hope Luca is awrare of this also- that the longer he does not post on the forum or through other official channels (login page I mean), The morerumours that will rise... And rumours only mean one thing ---> More confusion :(

And yes .. I would not be suprised that when he post for the first time again that he probably wil lbe "bombareded" with comments or even more questions.. but once the link is restored with regular communication and updates or news from Luca or GN, I am sure that the ranting will quite down very fast.. but of course .. it is in their hands for the moment ...

*this is just my opinion*:)

Like I stated in a different thread aswell...
    This is a game which is run and maintained by 2 different companies...
    GNdoesnt do his job right, then it is up to the second company to make sure that things are changed and begin to run smoothly, perhaps they should cooperate a little better instead of sending patches through email (or whatever manner they use)and let GN screw up things...
    Both parties have a responsiblity to the gamers (paying customers) for keeping the game running like they should...

and this is my opinion... [H]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Bleri
    Although I understand the need for some to have these latest patches applied as soon as possible for me it will be another small nail in the coffin [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

The time given us after the Auctions is not even close to what the NA got. The fact that the town my plot is in is bugged and therefore difficult to access, the fact that 2 days gaming (for me) have had no chance at all to build, the fact that once again (if this happens) there will be no REASONABLE amount of time to prepare for it, will all help push me away.

[...]

NA got approx 4 weeks after the auctions with unlimited vaults. NA got more than a weeks notice of the vault changes, by applying to blight then informing that live would change in a week.

GN give us some respect, treat us like the customers we are, not as though we are something you picked up on the sole of your shoes.
    If the patch solves some problems: APPLY IT !!!!

Don't take care on vault sizes cause everybody had ENOUGH TIME to build yet (I build a storage silo, tier 1 guild house and tier 1 human house yet, three workshops are at about 30% each and several other thing are started and material contributed - so don't tell me you canno't master it).
    Increasing the vault size had been approved only to allow people that owned a plot before the big update to use their vault,as everything they stored on their property has returned into the vault.
    Of course we all used the gift of storing more than 3000 bulk (my max had been at 400k andI didn't own a plot with silos before the update). But sometimes it has to come to normal and I would claim rebuilding a plot with novian resources wouldn't have taken longer than a day (even if you had very much of this stuff and had to refill your silos).

Just remember when HZ started and the first plots get sold. They didn't have a unlimited vault too and got a lot of buildings raised up.

-Saphosar

Saphosar .... I want prior notice before the vaults are changed. I dont want to suddenly find my vault has returned to normal size without some warning and preferably more than one/two days.

I believe the patches should be applied as soon as possible, butforMEthis week will be to soon for vault reduction. However as I said I understand that for some this week is certainly not to early.

Communication, communication, communication. Give it to us. For me a vault change with no notice will be another nail. Oh aye, I will still be here but it will be just one more straw on the proverbial camels back. Make things fair, remember not everyone has had weeks to work on there plots and remember vault increases where a neccesity and a sweetener, at least for NA customers.
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

Thread Information