Thread: World Load

Default World Load

I like using the Load Screen but, I don't see it being used anymore. If it does come up it's very short and when the loading screen drops, the world hasn't yet loaded. I keep hearing that the loading screen being turned off has been disabled, but it seems like the exact opposite has happened to me.

Am I understanding this wrong:
    1. /setpref useloadingscreen true = this means the black loading screen get's used with the helpful tips from players until world loads.
    2. /setpref useloadingscreen false= this means you just stay in the world on ports and have to wait for it to load, this has been DISABLED.

I feel like I am getting option 2 here.
    -Kor

Default Re: World Load

I always used the loading screen, but as Awdzy (hatchling), it was not coming up. I typed in /setpref useloadingscreen true but I'm still not getting the loading screen. I'm also crashing with or shortly after each port. Help?

Okies update: After crashing and restarting (hard), I am now getting the loading screen. Thank you! But I'm still crashing after porting. *sigh* Maybe I'll blame it on hubby using too much bandwidth?

Aww crumblies, did not get loading screen with next port. I did not take it off, it just did not come up.
    LOL, my Deeohgee showed up sort of in the port pad like all this porting is too exhausting to stand for instead of taking a short snooze.
    Last edited by awdz; April 3rd, 2015 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Aww crumblies, did not get loading screen with next port. I did not take it off, it just did not come up.
    LOL, my Deeohgee showed up sort of in the port pad like all this porting is too exhausting to stand for instead of taking a short snooze.
    That's been happening to me as well. I want my loading screen back darnit. Its always on, and I've never taken it off.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I notice that when I load the game the loading screen always works. Then on a few ports, it's still okay. After I while during ports or recalls I just see the world instantly and then slowly watch it populate. Also noting that the Chiconis pad always puts me INSIDE it or under it? however you want to call it, then I have to jump to stand on it. Not really sure why the loading screen is so finicky but, I think it's causing many crashes.

The latest client update was release today (2015-APR-13) and has some adjustments to the loading screen. The option to disable the loading screen has been disabled, as this was the source of many crashes because of improper scene setup. Lots of work has gone into improving the load time, while making sure that the core things are still setup before the loading screen drops. With the latest update, you will see a few things load in after (such as characters), but overall it should be a much better experience.

Latest update:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...elease-386-138

Thread Information