Thread: Request more than Suggestion.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Request more than Suggestion.

Was messing about with the new Dragon stuff when I had a brainwave and wanted to try it out on a new Dragon.
    Said Dragon is now at level 50 with all quests done (2 days) but now i'm stone-walled.
    Cannot grow until said Dragon is 30 days old, and Ancient of 100 days....that means I have to wait another 2+ months to try out my idea......

Now I know this is in place for a reason but could we possibly get the age requirement removed if you have an Ancient already....or like me deleted several over the years to re-make.

I've served my time many times over, can I not get an early release this time?

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: Request more than Suggestion.

Or an idea for a new Loyalty item....a 100 Day token that ages your Dragon by 100 days?

Having speed leveled several dragons, and hitting RoP and ARoP requirements before the day requirements were fulfilled I would love to see something like this.

Ofcourse I still feel like atleast the RoP limit should stay intact, for several reasons. but a way for long-term players to override the requirement in some way would be very welcome yes.

The more I think about it the more the Loyalty token idea seems best.
    Other options get more complicated as you think more about them but a token that adds 100 days to a chars bio, that should be easy coding?
    I'd still like the requirement of having to have atleast 1 active Ancient to be enforced but I don't know how tricky that would be to implement.

A little late but all the mechanical authentication trickery could be resolved by requiring long-term players with at least one ancient on their accounts to submit a support ticket to be serviced - at which point such a token could be added to the character's inventory to be consumed when the quest started or finished or whichever.

From a code perspective, theoretically, all they would have to do would be to add an OR statement to the requirements. That is, "Level 30 or this token".
    This would create additional work for customer service but let's be honest how often would it be used? We have got a few hardcore alt-hoarders (Alisto I'm looking at you), but I can't imagine a ticket like this would take more than a few clicks to service and they wouldn't get them in any great volume due to the length of the ROP?

I'm all for this idea, honestly. Haven't run into this issue myself, but I can see why the age requirement is more of a hindrance to older players than anything else. I would think sending in a ticket to have the age of a character bumped or maybe a loyalty token bypass would work and is doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Essra View Post
    A little late but all the mechanical authentication trickery could be resolved by requiring long-term players with at least one ancient on their accounts to submit a support ticket to be serviced - at which point such a token could be added to the character's inventory to be consumed when the quest started or finished or whichever.

From a code perspective, theoretically, all they would have to do would be to add an OR statement to the requirements. That is, "Level 30 or this token".
    This would create additional work for customer service but let's be honest how often would it be used? We have got a few hardcore alt-hoarders (Alisto I'm looking at you), but I can't imagine a ticket like this would take more than a few clicks to service and they wouldn't get them in any great volume due to the length of the ROP?
    I think the level requirement should remain.. the time requirement perhaps we could do without. (although my personal preference is leave as is but I am primarily a biped so ignore me )
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

I think the level requirement should stay the same. But time can be adjusted.

The level requirements should remain. Perhaps the time requirements too.

The whole reason for level and time requirements was to prevent the rampant amount of powerleveling and keep players who were on a 14 day trial from taking their dragon to ancient in less than the free month trial, and then quitting once they had done that. I will stand by the time requirements and level requirements staying as is on those who play a dragon for the first time for that reason.

Most players who have made an ancient or 20 (eyes Alisto) can get their dragons up to the level requirements in a week if not less. The time requirements however, I would possibly consider that the time restrictions be removed if the first dragon was taken to ancient and maxed out all its classes to 100. (adv, dcra, lsh, crsh)

Whether that removal of time restriction should cost loyalty tokens or not, I'm not really decided on. Perhaps have a token that works similar to a rename token that a player could buy for the same cost which would allow the player to remove the time restriction.

The question is whether its even possible to come up with such a complex system that can read whether the account has an ancient who meets the requirements on it or not. I'm thinking it would probably be too much work and faffing about for it to be doable. Its easier just to leave it as a blanket set of requirements for everyone.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

The time requirements have never been a problem for me, mainly because I generally neglect- errr I mean forget about my alts until well past the requirements for days since creation are met. Even if I do run into the time restriction, I just find another character to work on in the meantime.

If this does get implemented, I would definitely say it shouldn't be done using loyalty tokens as they are not attuned to either the character or the account and can be traded to someone with a trial hatchie. As for the check on the account having at least one ancient I agree that should be required, and the implementation could be as simple as requiring the person sending in the ticket for aging a character to specify their ancient as well as the character they want aged. Whether or not the aging ticket or whatever should require some money to go through, I'll leave that up to the devs.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Thread Information