Thread: Making Epics More Epic!

Default Making Epics More Epic!

I feel some epics especially the biped ones should have some changes cause some of the tier 6 biped stuff and possibly t6 jewelry makes some epics not even worth it. I just feel the epics should be worth called epic instead as some people claim only good to collect and not worth to use. What's the point of it even being called an epic if its not worth it. I feel its a time to upgrade the biped epics, and make versions for helian or lunus for some dragon epics.

Default Re: Making Epics More Epic!

I agree to certain point,some epics were already nicely upgraded (blood sword/staff/talon/reklars tail/shield).
    Id like to add few suggestions:
    -lower delay on blood sword and blood bow
    -helian version of blood talon
    -lunus version of reklars tail scale
    -make chakram able to be dual wield (2 chakrams in 2 hands)...and while at it,same thing for daggers
    -finally,add 2-3 tech slots to epics. hard to beat tech kits and sockets nowadays. tech kits will add a whole variety of customized weapons/armor which would finally beat crafted items
    Last edited by Tilithia; March 31st, 2015 at 07:57 PM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

I agree, make sure they able to have 2-3 techs cause some normal weapons with 2-3 techs can beat the epic weapons, and I feel that's not right and like Salwirk said some epics don't need changed.

I ahve a dragon and a ped but i feal like I will waste a long time collecting all the stuff to make them because I want to have them all. When I get them and I have a good collection already I don't want them to stay in my vault I want them to be used and they won't be if they are worse than crafted stuff.
    I would recommend:
    - adding new peaces of epic armor for peds and epic wing scales for dragons (with best possible spead buffs maybe +20 speed and flying speed)
    - reducing delay on Blood Sword and Bow
    - changing color of blood sword when equiped to red
    - making lunus version of Rek's scale and helian version of talon
    - dualwielding some epics
    - and adding 2 or 3 sockets or tech kits on epics

This should also include the epic spells (Volcano, Hero's Resolve, Druklar's Wraith, any biped epic spells) and also epic weapons (Blood Weapons, Reklar Weapons, and Demon Weapons).
    Further recommendations for Epic Spells and Epic Weapons:
    -Epic Spells Regeneration reduce from 10:00 to 5:00 minutes at least to match with Hero's Resolve.
    -Volcano should have much more damage since you get it from beating the Greater Epic: Shaloth the Queen.
    -Option for epic spells to be added to Vargas the Bold include discontinued epics spells like Dark Cyclone.
    -Total Damage of Demon Claw and Blood Talon: High end damage raise from 100 (demon) and 101 (blood) to 105 and low end damage raised to 80 the reason the balance out the +1 more damage between Demon Claw and Blood Talon.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; April 8th, 2015 at 07:45 PM.

Honestly I'm fine with most epic items not changing, but I do have to say that the epic spells could use some tweaking. Without a significant investment in power, both Volcano and Drulkar's Wrath are really not worth the time it takes to cast them for the amount of damage they do... heck even with my hybrid and caster dragons I hardly ever use them for the reason that they don't do much damage while having a long casting time and a long recycle time. I only ever use them when I want to show off the fancy spell effects to someone who's never seen the spells or when I'm in an epic fight and that's really the only button I have left to push.

I'd love to see all the epic spells become more... well... epic. I don't have much of a problem with the casting time or the recycle time alone, the problem is that the damage is just so low when both of the times are taken into account.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    Honestly I'm fine with most epic items not changing, but I do have to say that the epic spells could use some tweaking. Without a significant investment in power, both Volcano and Drulkar's Wrath are really not worth the time it takes to cast them for the amount of damage they do... heck even with my hybrid and caster dragons I hardly ever use them for the reason that they don't do much damage while having a long casting time and a long recycle time. I only ever use them when I want to show off the fancy spell effects to someone who's never seen the spells or when I'm in an epic fight and that's really the only button I have left to push.

I'd love to see all the epic spells become more... well... epic. I don't have much of a problem with the casting time or the recycle time alone, the problem is that the damage is just so low when both of the times are taken into account.
    I agree its the damage and time to cast them for the epic spells but for epic weapons it cause some crafted materials are better than the epic and that takes the epic out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    I agree its the damage and time to cast them for the epic spells but for epic weapons it cause some crafted materials are better than the epic and that takes the epic out of them.
    I agree with you Shadowheart epics should be more epic as I said in my previous post and epic spells should be added as well as Volcano Hero's Resolve and Drulkars Wraith should do more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post

I agree to all that.
    IMO, epics should not be automatically better or stronger than crafted items. No matter if weapons or spells.
    They should be DIFFERENT!! Something that is not craftable. Something special.
    Demon claw is fine, Valkor claw too (though I do not use Valkor`s for my own reasons- ) Reklar tail is finel, I do not use it either, cause my collection of crafted tailscales fits more to my combat style.

Concerning epic spells (dragons):

Drulkar`s wrath should /could be something special (like lots of others I nearly never use it).
    How about that:
    It never misses if focus is higher than(insert what seems appropriate) and dmg =dot.

We cannot expect to cast Volcano as powerful as the queen does- we are not Shaloth^^
    But why not link it with primal skill of the caster? The highter the primal, the highter the dmg (could be 3 classes of dmg e.g.)

If I cast it nowadays, like Mach said, I make sure that my power is opti (Potion,Antholate`s gift, allowance of power, bipeds gift if available)
    and then.. outpout is not that bad- cleaning spawn is easy thing after the volcano. High focus could guarantee that it does never miss.
    this would satisfy me- if my stats /skills are not high enough- my problem.

just my 2c
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; April 12th, 2015 at 08:49 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information