Thread: Essence lamps... is there any use for them at all?

Default Essence lamps... is there any use for them at all?

What exactly do essence lamps do besides take up stack space? I found the beginner form for essence lamps a good while back and made one... couldn't figure out what the heck it was good for so I ended up deleting it.

My question is what (if anything) are they good for and if they're not good for anything, why do we have them? 0.o

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Default Re: Essence lamps... is there any use for them at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    What exactly do essence lamps do besides take up stack space? I found the beginner form for essence lamps a good while back and made one... couldn't figure out what the heck it was good for so I ended up deleting it.

My question is what (if anything) are they good for and if they're not good for anything, why do we have them? 0.o
    I can't answer exactly what their use is (I think it's like sunscopes? could be mistaken), but as for their use, leveling, same thing with sunscopes, they don't have any 'real' use aside from a graphical effect that doesn't do too much. And tinkerer doesn't have too much end-products to level on (compared to other schools that is)

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Some people have mods installed that trigger from their use, apart from that and the slight lighting hue they give....just a way to level Tinker.

Huh, I didn't notice them giving off any light, I know sunscopes give off light but I didn't notice any light from the essence lamp when equipped.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Kind of thought they might fall into a fabricator category, but they're not named that and do not produce anything. I like the look of them in my inventory.

Essence lamps are meant to produce light, similar to a sunscope, but to a lesser degree. Neither essence lamps nor sunscopes have ever been particularly useful, it always appeared to me that they did little more than make you glow, which doesn't really provide anything in the way of useable light. I have known a few people over the years who have used them (mainly in the Doom), and i believe there is at least one quest that calls for a sunscope. Beyond that, they have mainly been used for leveling tinkerer, as stated earlier.

It'd be nice if you could use an essence lamp to make essence orbs. Possibly by giving the lamps several charges and having each charge give a few orbs.

Not to get off subject too much, but I always liked to use Adamantium Sunscopes in Eastern deadlands when grouping. It helps see the other character when your running around together since it's so dark and gloomy there. I never used an Essence lamp though, but the adam sunscope seems the brightest of all.
    -Kor

I find the lanterns help me considerable. Especially at night. I have issues with my eyes, so therefore, having the lanterns do help me a great deal.

Thread Information