Thread: Speak

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Default Speak

Plz GN, im begging you as a customers that love Hz. Speak. Communicate. This silence is slowly but surly killing Hz [EU]. Im sure i speak for more ppl than myself. We are ppl, we dont like to be kept in suspense wondering what might happen around the next corner.
    I can survive the rollback and reboots due to server problems. But for the love of god let us know what you are doing. So many questions roam my head. Is Luca sick or fired? Will we get patch? Will GN pull the plug on Hz tomorrow?

I DONT know, i so dearly wanna know.If not Luca then someone else grab the ******** ball and type some messages at login page and here at the forums. But whatever you do dont keep silent like this.

If someone think this is a rant i appologize, im begging....
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Anubus-Earth

Default Re: Speak

If the games going to b terminated, instead of letting it die a slow death brought on by negligence and mismanagment, I think Fhrain is right, have the balls to let us know that your intentions are to end it.
    Many of us play long hours, have invested time and effort into characters and plots, but whats much more important than all of that is that we have made friends, friends who it is very difficult to stay in touch with when the game is gone. At least give us some warning so we can make an effort to keep in contact with as many of them as possible.
    Now...
    The lack of communication from GN is the worst that Ihave ever seen, the service is so pathetic its absured. The silence itself is almost deafaning and each time it happend we loose more and more of the commuinity.
    I can understand how Hz can seem to be no longera viable business, and if its not makin profits its not important to you guys, trust me we REALY get this. We see evidence of it every day. We also know that the horizons GN team is like 2 people and that the new server is one of the old ones with a quick defrag done. What we want is communication. Keep this up and its going to be over, not because you guys decided to pull the plug, but because we all left.

I'm amazed at the crass arrogance of GN to not post an explanation, or any news or information. I know they are taking there lead on communications from AE, since they have such an amazing record of telling us what is going on. If your also planning on communicating by IRC, could you be kind enough to log it all, then post it here so that the ones of us who dont want to sit reading IRC 24/7 could know whats going on please?

If it were not for the people I would be suggesting somthing for you to do to keep my horizons CD's safe. But the people in this game are btter than the game itself.

Your forgetting one thing here. Lets say for arguments sake that Horizons is not making enough money for GN and therefore that is the reason for the continued lack of support/communication.

Game Network is still a company, with its fingers in many other pies. It does host other MMORPG's. It even hosts a TV channell (if you can call it that) and more. All these things mean its a company with a reputation it needs to nurture and grow if it wants to invest in any future projects. Even if they were to sell out, as a company with limited assets, they would be relying heavily on customer perception and future growth to set a price for the company.

Now what we are seeing here, currently, is the complete opposite. How many here would look at GN, as a company, and say yeah thats a good company, I reckon they have a bright future. I'd like to see them win future contracts within areas Im interested in? Certainly not me.

It makes me wonder, was GN a company started by a couple of kids who spotted a hole in the market, TV and LoM,and went for it but have lost there way, completely?

For me GN as a company has some serious management issues and this is what I reckon is the problem. I dont think Horizons as a product/income is the problem. Its the whole company that has no management. Even if the income from Horizons is strangling GN, if the company had management, then it would be managing it in such a way to protect its future as a company to survive and grow. Its not doing that. At the moment its killing the reputation of not just itself, but Horizons, AE and Tulga. Someone from there maybe needs to step in and stop the rot. But how can they? We have no idea of what the contractual limitations are of each company regarding Horizons EU.
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

I agree...even if the message would be "we have not been able to find the problem" thats better than nothing, waiting for nothing.

I agree with Fhrain and Anubus there, to some lesser extent with Bleri. If Hz is not profitable for them anymore, they should say that, and tell us about their aspirations to stop hosting it instead of this sh1t, which almost seems intended to scare people away.

Heck, I cant claim to like it, but I can live with fixes taking 4 times as long as on NA shards, but at least tell us what the heck is going on, if even somebody is still alive out there (anyone know if their tv channel is still up n running?)
    Myca Ghimerov, Fiendish Wizard, Sorcerer, Enchanter, Mason. Retired.

Proud Member of the Steel Phoenix

Tyreal2012

if GN cant continue to support HZ let them pull out and AE find a new host for our beloved game even on my short hiatus i missed hz, the community my guild and my friends

i went to log in last night to say hi to the new members we have auth server down :(

get ya ******** sorted GN if you cant do it relinquish it to someone who can (who i dont know) but just let us know what the deal is jeez is it to hard to spend 5 minutes posting on a forum?

SNART

agree.

we need information

a) if the server goes down, a statement should be posted strait away

b) I would like a statement of intent what is being added to the game and when

c) I would also like to know the state of the company and this game will it survive

also why is the server status on the log in page a static html table, should this not be a dynamic statement of the server performance rather than window dressing?

Quote Originally Posted by SNART

agree.

we need information

a) if the server goes down, a statement should be posted strait away

b) I would like a statement of intent what is being added to the game and when

c) I would also like to know the state of the company and this game will it survive

also why is the server status on the log in page a static html table, should this not be a dynamic statement of the server performance rather than window dressing?

Agree, 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000%

Anikitos
    Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Syrith_Ice

The main problem with GN not saying anything is that we all make assumptions as to what is actually going on.

Even if someone from GN just said - sorry we have some problems we are trying to fix it - we'd at least have a clue as to what is going on.

Atm I'm begininng to dispare at all online games the fiasco here the preorder mess of WoW

Can't anyone run an online game properly - seems amazing that gamers put up with this. If we got this lvl of service in any other part of life we'd be complaigning to Trading Standards or Watchdog or thier equivelents and demanding compensation or our money back. But as Gamers we assume that it will eventually be sorted out and we'll stop being treated like crap

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith_Ice
    Even if someone from GN just said - sorry we have some problems we are trying to fix it - we'd at least have a clue as to what is going on.
    LOL, you think that will help?

All know that there are some problems, so GN is working on it. Because if they dont then they lose income and jobs.

if they post 'we are working on it', then everyone goes shouting "i want an ETA when its fixed" and likewise messages. All ranting just goes on only with another subject.

And making 100 threads on the same subject doesnt help either, they read the boards, and post on it (scan luca, and use the search button), so they know what is going on.

Now you can start flaming me, because you will.

and they fixed the certificate

WOW that was about time it was rly anoying
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

strange, at work i dont get the certificate, but at home i do...

Syrith_Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Sibbe
    I don't get it anywhere odd

Quote Originally Posted by Sibbe
    There is a setting in Internet Explorer, that makes IE check if a certificate has been revoked. That prolly cuases the difference

I've decided to open a new ticket with support:

jos kampes
    posted online message Posted - Friday, November 26, 2004 - 02:21 PM It seems our community manager is malfunctioning; With 2 crashes, including a rollback he has not let the community know anything; He did not let us know about there being or not being the fall event; Nothing has been posted on the forum in 11 days by ComManBot. Please reboot him.

ermm but still we cant login..
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

I think there would be plenty of good reasons to communicate with the player base -- so it is really interesting why no communication is forthcoming.

Again, all we can do is speculate:

a) Luca doesn't care anymore. Well -- I for one don't believe that.
    b) Luca hasn't got the time. I don't believe that either -- at least a short note to the effect 'I am here, reading your comments, keeping them in mind and doing my best, lets keep fingers crossed' or even 'It's a mess and I don't know when it will be fixed' would be better than total silence.
    c) Luca is afk (sick). And there is noone around to tell us about it. Well, could be, they seem to be terribly short on personnel...
    d) Luca's got a gag order. If he knows what is happening, he isn't allowed to tell us, if he doesn't he isn't allowed to tell us that.

d) seems to be the most likely. And that, for me, hints at either intended termination of game or at least a major f*ck-up and noone wanting to take the blame for it...[:(]

snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Id vote for d)

Id also assume that the gagging order also extends to dealings with AE and Tulga. In fact you can find the following
    I dug up the link to the interview so you can check for yourself:

http://www.gamersinfo.net/index.php?art/id:159

"GI.n: How does this affect the nature of the agreement with Game Network and their very-loyal European fanbase?

Chris Tulumello: Game Network has a contract with Artifact Entertainment, not Tulga Games. As is the nature of proceedings like these, Tulga Games has an opportunity to direct Artifact to accept or reject (or start fresh) any contracts Artifact has with other orgainzations or individuals. As part of Tulga Games? due dillengece that contract is being reviewed (along with many other contracts). I can say that we have every intent to keep the gave available for all those who have made the positive choice to play it."

Bear in mind that the sale hasn't gone through the courts yet although it shouldn't be too much longer.
    In this thread http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=24986
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

Thread Information