Thread: Monk bug - Chain attack?

Default Monk bug - Chain attack?

I just hit 12 as a monk and, to my surprise, when I got Chain Attack 2, my Chain Attack 1 was replaced.. As I recall, chain attacks were to be used, as the name implies, in a chain! And their additional effect which buffs your next chain attack, of course, supports that, so.. Not sure what changed that'd throw it off.

I haven't logged out/in or anything yet, maybe it'll re-appear, but seems odd for such an issue to crop up!

edit: I logged out and back in.. now I have Chain Attack I, but not II! Something seems bugged with the concurrence of these abilities' availability.
    Last edited by Losian; April 7th, 2015 at 06:38 AM.

Default Re: Monk bug - Chain attack?

This has been reported previously and will be fixed next Delta. Sorry for any inconvenience. Incorrect keywords are to blame.

I am not 100% sure, but I recall another player overcoming this bug by speaking to or rejoining the school in the meantime?

Perhaps it was joining another school, then speaking to a Monk trainer again, rejoin that school.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; April 7th, 2015 at 07:32 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    This has been reported previously and will be fixed next Delta. Sorry for any inconvenience. Incorrect keywords are to blame.

I am not 100% sure, but I recall another player overcoming this bug by speaking to or rejoining the school in the meantime?

Perhaps it was joining another school, then speaking to a Monk trainer again, rejoin that school.
    Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work. I swapped to warrior then back to monk, no dice. Swapped again and logged out before swapping back, still nothin'. Sill was worth a shot, so thanks!

Ah sorry, player confirmed that that only disciple schools can work around this by speaking to the trainer and click the Join School link (did not need to change schools, just click the link again to Join). They also have Chain Attacks. This trick does not work for the Monk school. Not sure, but the Monk school was pretty high, too, so that might have played a part in this workaround to work on the disciple schools.

But it'll work correctly on next delta.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Ah sorry, player confirmed that that only disciple schools can work around this by speaking to the trainer and click the Join School link (did not need to change schools, just click the link again to Join). They also have Chain Attacks. This trick does not work for the Monk school. Not sure, but the Monk school was pretty high, too, so that might have played a part in this workaround to work on the disciple schools.

But it'll work correctly on next delta.
    Thanks for following up, none the less.

Just one last update for anyone else experiencing this issue:

If you are a disciple and go to trainer and greet them and re-select to "join" your school you will get your highest chain attack back, but the lower versions will still be available. I assume this was the 'work around' perhaps mentioned by the individual Cagaiel spoke of earlier in this thread! One you log out/in you will be back to chain attack 1 and have to speak to the trainer again.. Not a proper work around, but it's something!

Quote Originally Posted by Losian View Post
    Just one last update for anyone else experiencing this issue:

If you are a disciple and go to trainer and greet them and re-select to "join" your school you will get your highest chain attack back, but the lower versions will still be available. I assume this was the 'work around' perhaps mentioned by the individual Cagaiel spoke of earlier in this thread! One you log out/in you will be back to chain attack 1 and have to speak to the trainer again.. Not a proper work around, but it's something!
    .. but lower versions will still be UN-available. My bad. :| tl;dr its not a full workaround, but gets you the highest chain attack back at least.

I am having the same issue for both my storm disciple and flame disciple this is a major bug effecting all unarmed classes

Thread Information