Thread: Hotkey Icons not changing

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

Default Hotkey Icons not changing

I've been having trouble getting the hotkey icon changes I make to stick. If there's another icon already on the key, it doesn't always change if I drag another spell/ability onto the key. Sometimes the old icon comes back even after I've cleared the hotkey entirely and then edited it. Note that the actual skill does change, and so does the tip. It's only the icon that won't change.

I've moved Istaria out of the program files directory, because windows system permissions might have been the problem. That didn't fix it.

Default Re: Hotkey Icons not changing

I've had some problems with changes to hotkeys not getting saved as well. A certain chest scale somehow kept making its way onto my hotkeys to equip the sets of craft scales despite me never putting that scale on the hotkeys and each time I changed the hotkey back the way I wanted it, the same scale would show up on the hotkeys again. That seems to have stopped now though... hopefully. Something you can do that may help the hotkeys stay the way you want is to type in /saveUI after you're done fiddling with your hotkeys to make sure the changes are saved to your prefs.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

When that happens, try right click-edit the hotkey showing the blank icon. In the edit window I always see the correct icon. Just then click save and the icon is back.

I think what happens is the file copy/change/rename (however it works) happens a bit slow compared to the ui updating itself, so sometimes it shows as blank. But the icon is actually there (pretty sure).

See if you have any old file name format lingering around in your /prefs/server_Playername/hotkey_icons folder

Old format would be something like hotkey_Chaos_Playername_0_0.png . Those are suppose to get renamed to the new format, ie hotkey_0_0.png when the client starts. But I'm not sure what would happen if you were to restore a backup from the old days and also have a mixture of the new format and old format at same time.

If you really want to delve into it and see how things work in realtime, go to your /prefs/servername_Charactername/hotkey_icons folder and check the filenames after you clear a hotkey (the .png should disappear) or after you overwrite it. Double click the .png in question and see what it really looks like.

Heres how the hotkey.png files are named.

hotkey_0_0.png

The first 0 is the Bank #. It starts at 0 instead of 1. So this hotkey is Bank 1, Button 1.
    hotkey_1_5.png is Bank 2, Button 5

The first number will be from 0 - 19 , representing the 20 Banks. The 2nd number represents the button #. Maybe after changing something, view that appropriate .png and see how it truly looks.

Again, if you were to right click, Clear a hotkey icon, you should see the appropriate .png file disappear in the folder immediately.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

The icon in the hotkey folder is changing. I've verified that it is getting replaced with the correct icon. However, that change is not getting reflected in the hotkey bar displayed in my game.

[edit]I just double checked. The icons that are getting loaded into my game are not the icons in my hotkey_icons folder. The game is changing those icons correctly in my filesystem, but the hotkey bars are displaying a different, older set of icons.

All my icon names are in the new format. However, I have two other folders in that directory that contain icon sets for when I change schools. Perhaps that is causing the problem.

[edit2] That did solve the problem. Somehow, the game was reading all the folders in that directory, not just the one currently named hotkey_icons. Moving the other hotkey icon folders elsewhere was enough.
    Last edited by Daulnay; April 9th, 2015 at 12:58 AM.

Ah. What I did in the old days, for changing hotkeys when changing schools, was to zip up my entire prefs folder. Then call it something like Warrior_4.9.2015.zip for my Warrior hotkeys. Then maybe another called Cleric_4.9.2015.zip. Then I'd just unzip the appropriate file when switching schools. But I also had to remember to delete hotkey_icons folders too (before unzipping), to be sure I didn't have any extra icons from the previous .zip file (other school).
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information