Thread: What is your favorite class?

Default What is your favorite class?

What is your favorite class?Which class did you like the least while multiclassing? Which class is your main? Which class did you have the most fun in while multiclassing?

-All out my favorite class is BattleMage.. it doesnt get any better than being able to tank tons of mobs and mass kill em at the same time...

-My least favorite class had to have been Healer.. grouping was ok... but im more of a killing type healer.. my biggest gripe is that you dont have a good offense.. but thats understandable you have kick ****** heals..

-My main is BattleMage... what can I say I love it. Brought up as a melee warrior in plate.. I found my true self as being a hybrid. Brute force and unparalled damage is for me... This class takes a ton of dedication to see its full effect but well worth it.

-The most fun I ever had was playing as an Ice Disciple.... total gimps if you dont multiclass but total beasts if you do.. I like the variety of attacks I could choose from.. whether it be melee with a weapon, unarmed or straight magic type-- it was fun and also a good challenge.I like thatthey are unique.. not many.. if any around..

Cheers! [B]
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Default Re: What is your favorite class?

Started with paladin .. done battlemage after that ... 3rd was mage and 4th sorc(for fun and crafting > mezz/ae-mezz) i can say battlemage is my "main" too.
    Still a gimp-class compared to other mixes maybe but playedthis classfor ~220.000.000 exp now and still having fun.
    Still missing level 100 healer inside but i have finally started class 5 now after a long break with no new class added and only playing battlemage.

Overall i am happy with my healgimp that is relative weak vs singletargets but a hell of fun vs. groups of mobs.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

Out of all of my classes, KNOC is my favorite. Nothing better than being able to rip something apart with your sword, while laughing at them while they beat their heads on your shield. My all time favorite moment of Hz has to be when I watched a guild get ripped apart by umgruk. Then me and a few buddies take our turn at the spawn, and the other guild who recently rezzed screams at us "you can't do that without anyone to heal" we just laughed, I stuck out my shield, my ranger friend with his 2 heals did the trick. Life was good.

Least favorite class - Mage - Somehow I love it and I hate it. I hate the pajama armor, but I love blowing s*** up!! Aside from that, cleric. Fun to be able to save your friends, but dang annoying offense!

My main - KNOC. I Love being that guy who sits there and takes the main point.A well set up knoc can pop on his employ shield, and turn the tide in any battle.

My most fun had to be mage (i know what I said above). This was back in the day when I mulitlclassed by doing 350+ kill 30 wolf quests (good money there too!). In the mornings when the server was empty, my ranger friend, a paladin, and myself, would go to the three main spawns, pull EVERYTHING, and meet in the middle. Multicast II, burnout, fusion burn, flame bomb = 30 dead wolves. Oh the humanity!!!
    Hiko - Former Defender of Shadow
    100 Knight of Creation Hybrid
    -= Disciples =-
    BOYCOTTING THE SUMMONED SHIELD OF CREATION AS OF JULY 17TH, 2006

Mine is dragon.

Save for the hoard attacks that should be redone to better reflect the difference between Helians and Lunus (i.e. the former could use a boost in magick or a hoard using root not in melee and the latter got a sort of expensive nuke when all they needed was a shotgun) and some minor tweakings to do here and there they are ok.

I think dragon is the best sort of multiclassed combo in game and they miss very little but the above mentioned things. They were planned pretty well with respect to the haste in which they were slapped in game as they correctly "lose" power in a sub class (i.e. they have less tanking strength, less overall big magick, less overall healing) to keep the total balance fair.

What makes them easily dead nowadays is not intrinsic inferiority bu it is that they are a sort of "rating 100 capped" 3 class multiclassers (84 melee / 80 spellcast / 70 healing, and skill points grow by 8/9 and not 10 to give rating 100 but stats of a 80er).

Being so, if they have to fight monsters made for people with "single classes 100 capped" (that could as well be 100 / 100 / 100 since they are not rating capped to 100) like most of the new ones they fall badly because those monsters would require more 16 levels on the dragon to be balanced.

Anyway I am more happy knowing that I have a challenge and when I survive an abomination of pain with 5 hp left I am sure I fought with much more quality and skill than someone that had to just press some buttons of total destruction barely noticing the mob and ready for the next mob in the series of 200 to kill in an hour like a robot. I effectively killed a very hard mob being 13 effective levels under in my main (melee) "class" and am proud of it!

The other classes I like are warrior, cleric and mage.

Warrior because it is a no frills, solid class that delivers what promises (at least this is what I am seeing on my alt).
    Cleric too I like because I can cross it with mage (I know I should match other classes but... hey I like mage and min maxing is the fartest thing of my mind ever anyway) so I blast but still I am not of glass for when things come up close and personal. Plus the immortality given by the gobs of healing available (died 3 times in 35 levels). Plus ress. At level 16 I have been in a group to kill Saliena for a RoP in the WD and I had been actually hit (almost dead in 1 shot but just almost [;)]), fought _and_ ressed people level 80+.
    Mage because in all the games I play I like to either play tank or mage and I love to blow stuff I encased in ice from a distance and with some damage.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

My favourite is My first and main... Spirit disicple. I just love stealing life while hurting my foes I just wish the damage was not so gimpy.

Most fun is a tough one. I enjoyed cleric and guardian as cleic I could do massive pulls and tank the hell out of them and it was just good fun. In Guardian I got my first taste of dealing decent melee damage and I liked it.

Least fun was spiritist I didn't like being so soft and squishy even monk had better armour
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

heh only 3 replies? nice ones though [Y]

lets hear more..
    Frons Von Frik - Order

My favourite, and my main, is still Ranger. I just prefer the combat style of using a bow.

I'm also willing to accept the fact I'm made of paper compared to the melee classes, bow damage utterly sucks, and that I can obselete myself by getting Shaman high enough for Lightning Bolt V triple teched (That's L80) which outdamages my L95 bow.

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

-Favorite class is berserker i just love the idea of the class and how it playes, abit
    sad its not a good multiclasser.
    -Pure monk...the most gimped class i ever played, the abilities suck all over bad class
    -My main is Berserker, Paladin in group hunts
    -Paladin, with nature spells from Shaman and 2hs from Berserker i had a blast going through my enemies, and gotta love plate vs leather armor[:P]
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

My favourite class of all is still my Ranger. I love the flexibility and survivability, speed and just being able to kill anything I come across, even if I can't gain exp fast.

My least favourite is healer, and I'm still working on healer as a I get a group. Without groups the lack of offense is tough, and really makes me just want to end it.

My main is Ranger and always will be. I dislike melee and casting is not my style.

The most fun I've had was healer before the merge, being able to take on massive amounts of beer golems barely keeping up your health and laying down AoEs with nature spells. Unfortunately that just doesn't happen now. I still have a ton of fun in ranger.

My favorite class is the paladin, so of course my main is a paladin (see sig below [;)]). I haven't got the chance to go really indept with playing others classes, as I usually play my main. But, for me the paladin is a good class in which I can swing my favorite two handed sword and still cast the heals and buffs I need on myself and others. Seems to make a good solo class for me since I don't group much, not to mention I really like to roleplay considering the battle against the WA.
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Daanai

Nice thread Frons,
    Hello yet another Ranger here and yet another who enjoys both the strengths and weaknesses of being a Ranger. Very little or no multiclassing for me.
    ( I promised my self I would gain zero ADV levels for six months after 100 Ranger )

I enjoyed growing a little in mage,cleric, spiritistand healer but I am a Ranger at heart and regardless of how many others enjoy the power of the Hybrid , I generally drop the schools and get back to my Ranger ways.

Enjoy the world, play the way that gives you "personally" most longevity and fun.

Ssarl Saris Ranger Order

...well, although we are still comperatively too week (c'mon, a 4' gnome with better armour and carrying capacity then me? - waiting to see what ancient will bring), we're still, big, bad, and cool. Dragons is what sets this game apart, along with the community, and that's what I'm not going to look at another MMORPG until Dark & Light - playing and elf or dwarf or half-orc; Been there, done that. Baldur's Gate is better for that. Anyway, WE RULE..!

We're Lunus - we bite, THEN think (if at all...)

I must say, Armorer is my favorite...I'm a crafter at heart, and armorer has so many options I don't even know where to begin [:D]
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

i made mine up: Unholy Knight.

Pali with Zerker stats, Blight, Spirit, and true heals.

(only 4 schools needed:Pali-Zerker-Spiritist-Healer to highest level, and of course the misc goodies to the needed levels)

then, i go hide behind Carinde. [8o|]

The monk school, and pretty much all of the disciples are very weak and extremely gimped, just as Frons has attested to by going Ice Disciple.

However Frons.. can you imagine what it would have been like to level that school as your primary? Without any other schools before to help back it up?

But despite the bugs and the problems.. to those who still play the class, it is very fun.. As Amon Gwareth put it to me in IRC, they are Cool.

*sigh* Just wish there were more of us.

My main is my most favorite school.. the Flame Disciple. Despite my many broken and useless abilities that I have, I am truly the "Damage Dealers" of the monks/disciples. However, it took 100 levels of fitter, and it is taking me 100 levels of Mage to really be a viable asset to a group.

Flame Disciples get two attacks.. the first is the bonus damage from their fists, and the second is their main hit. So in combat, when I attack something, it looks like this:

Menkure -> Icy Dire Wolf [ 49 ]
    Menkure -> Icy Dire Wolf [ 97 ]

Because I get the bonus attacks, using Flurry III is Incredibly fun.. I don't hit 4 times, I hit 8. I litterally drown out all other players hits in the status window when I use it.

While Flurry reduces my damage from my main attacks, it does not reduce the bonus damage.. What is funny is that my main damage is usually reduced down to the small level that my bonus damage hits as.Here'san example:

Menkure -> Emerald Golem [ 46 ]
    Menkure -> Emerald Golem [ 41 ]
    Menkure -> Emerald Golem [ 41 ]
    Menkure -> Emerald Golem [ 40 ]
    Menkure -> Emerald Golem [ 40 ]
    Menkure -> Emerald Golem [ 32 ]
    Menkure -> Emerald Golem [ 32 ]
    Menkure -> Emerald Golem [ 36 ]

This particular instance of flurry, I did on average 200.82 DPS. I did 4,100 damage total, and my averagedamage,single hit-wisewas 39.42. My to-hit percentage is 94%. Not too bad for flurry.

"Death by a Thousand Papercuts!"

Oh, and that was without an energy attack, against a crush resistant mob ((and monk fists do crush damage))

My least favorite.. well.. I can't say I have an adventure school that is a 'least favorite'. If I could say a crafting school, however.. it would be fitter. That iron->steel->cobalt grind was sheer hell, but the 1000+ strength that I have now makes it worth it.

Still, it took me 11 months just to get to this state.. and I watch other disciples, and I'm litterally doing anywhere from 30-60 more damage per hit, when compared to a level 100 storm disciple. So while I may be the least gimped of the disciples, I feel their pain. Also, no one should HAVE to level a crafting school just so they can do damage to mobs.

-Menkure Salitis
    Sifu of the Flame

Adventure ... MAGE MAGE and MAGE, especially now having enough binds to solo anything 10-15+ above my own level and not ever being touched in melee. Actually I played fire-cleric for a while too (to get my cleric levels up to the point where I can now cast my own T2 Gifts) ... sort of fun being able to wear armor while burning one's foe, but not as satisfying as microwaving a bound foe from a distance.

Alts ? .... I have to admit to one, a RP monk .... he's fun but he is mostly for gatherer and non-metal outfitter (allergic to zinc! - will be tailor when I get him high enough to make the switch), his monk levels are only coming from killing pigs (I refuse to kill deer to gather hides) and monk quests .. hope I never run out of pigs of appropriate level [;)]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

100% dragon!!!
    A biped player I can do in any game, but the dragon is and remains unique...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Main is Battlemage, although its been on the shelf a while. A plated tank that can reach out and nuke someone...it just dont get any better than that.

Favorite is Mage. Soloing a mage will teach ya how to survive like no other class will. Ya wear a cloth body diaper that wont stop anything. Ya have a host of spells to use, and all of em have a use. Lots of nice abilities too. Favorite tactic? Hit sprint, run into a crowd of critters, thats all it takes to aggro em. Pull em back, hit perfect spell and daunting mist. Slows the whole crowd to a crawl. Back off a tad more, hit a heal or 2, then fusion burn, burnout and multicast and yer best bomb. Use other two bombs to finish off stragglers. While those recharge pull 2-3 critters, bomb and dance A LOT!. Loads of fun. Or pull the odd WA undead type and have the fight of yer life! :)

Least Favorite and, IMO, the most essential...Healer. Least favorite due to poor offensive skills. I can pull a crowd, they cant kill me because I have 10,000 heals but it takes me forever to kill em all. Essential because of buffs and heals multiclassing this type provides to one's main.

All in all tho, the most fun is the challenge of running a multiclassed toon. Lots of spells and and abilities cross-over. Choosing the best is the challenge, and being well versed in what each spell and ability can offer one's toon comes only with time, experimenting and experience in the field
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Bezerker most definatly, when you want things dead and to be covered in wounds ,when you like to rush into a mob of thornwoods just to kill as many as you can before dying then a Zerker is the man.

Throw in a little bit of healer if you wanna live for a bit lol.

100 Bezerker 100 Healer 100 Druid 100 reaver 40 ChaosWarrior 100 mage 100 spiritist 100 Weaponsmith 100 blacksmith 55 fitter and various others

put down another mark for BattleMage..

Sure, its been called the "Undecisive Class" but heck, why make a decision between two things when you can have a "C) All of the Above" option?

Plate, Shield, Sword, Nuke. I just love being able to Daunting Mist something(s), light it on fire, watch it crawl towards me as it burns, blasting it with more spells all the while, and when it finally gets to me at half health (or even less) Reflect it's first attack back at it and watch it hurt itself, then finish it off with a Crit Strike, MultiStrike, Blazing Strike, or Fiery Judge.. There are so many options and ways to play a BattleMage that it can almost feel like there are other sub-schools (or at least, widely varied ways to play the school) within it.. Depending on if (and/or how) your spells are teched.. Do you play as an armor plated mage, and go toe-to-toe with the target relying on your armor to keep you alive while you blast it? or do you rely on your sword and shield, using your spells as a supplement to them?

*ahem* anyway, (gets off soapbox) as you can probably tell, i really enjoy playing a BattleMage.. [:D]

~ Henry

Thread Information