Thread: 2 things not working

Default 2 things not working

ONE: Town Marshall in Mahagra says he has tasks but doesn't give any.
    TWO: When you arrive in Morathaven you get the Kirasanct map. When you switch to Istaria map as soon
    as you walk a few feet, it snaps back to Kirasanct map. This is a PITA if you want to see where to go
    from Morthaven...
    Thanks.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Default Re: 2 things not working

1) I'm unclear if the devs want the ability to allow more than one town marshall quest at a time. From my understanding, it should not allow more than one quest at a time. It seems some town marshalls do not care and will keep offering quests (while you have one already), but some TM's do care and won't offer you a new quest, until the current one is complete. This issue with all the Town Marshalls needs looked at to be consistent.

This issue is two fold. This town marshall does care and is not offering you any tasks because you already have one in your quest log (could be from any TM, not just the Mahagra one). Second, he is saying the wrong text because the order is incorrect (Check for existing quest at end of list). He's suppose to be saying "Greetings again, I see that you have not yet found the beasts I sent you to search for. Come back and tell me when you have succeeded in this task."

None the less, it should be straightened out the next delta towards end of month.

2) If you uncheck the Auto-Center box, it won't snap back to the Kirasanct map.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Late Edit: Yes, I see what you're saying now. I was on test server and it was letting me override some checks of what a Live Shard player would see. He indeed does not offer any tasks, period. Sorry about that. It'll get fixed.

I've figured out the issue. Mahagra Town Marshall only had the 50-60 quests and the New Rachival Town Marshall only had the 40-50 quests. This was why Mahagra TM wasn't offering any quests, you're probably in the 40-50 range currently. If you were in the 50-60 range then New Rachival wouldn't offer quests, but Mahagra would.

It's fixed for next delta. Both TM's will have all quests from 40-60 range available amongst both TM's.

In meantime visit NR for 40-50 quests and Mahagra for 50-60 quests.

Did a little checking on Deltas, I knew I had read someplace that the Town Marshalls where changed to give all dailies at once.
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...t=town+marshal

• Town Marshall quests with the exception of quests from Steward Pratt can be taken at the same time. (There is still a keyword on Steward Pratt's quests so that he hands them out one at a time still because he has a variety of quests.) As a note on this, it is possible that if you return to a TownMarshall with multiple quests completed, you will find that you get multiple rewards and "turn in" dialog at onces, so you should use this at your own risk.)
    And here is the Wiki Link to the Quests. Note the Minimum level to get them in each city. I did them all a while back (Before the above change) and the Wiki was right at that time.

http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Town_Marshall
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

The wiki is not quite correct if you are talking about the starting levels.

Steward Pratt gives out the quests below level 10.
    Krianos gives out the quests that are level 11, and Ssoren give out the quests below level 16. Ssoren also gives out those are level 21 due to the revamp of LA.
    Drugan gives out quests that are level 26. This is where the "oddness" stops as far as levels go.
    Clerash gives out quests for level 31 and 36.
    Dezwar gives out quests for 41 and 46.
    Fohadon gives out quests for 51 and 56.
    Saenethra gives out quests for 61 and 66.
    Grulnar gives out quests for 71 and 76.
    Daggle gives out all the rest, starting at levels 81 and going up.

There are no actual level caps on the quests, so technically you could do them all. Though the reward structure is set up so that it isn't really worth doing ones which are below your level if you can do those that are at or above your current level.

I think the Wiki is pretty much the same as you say Velea. Only thing I see a little different is Pratt quests are Min. level 6 (is this correct ? ) and you say Ssoren gives out below level 16? Also, Wiki only shows 3 level 56 Quests, is that correct? I am changing Adv. schools and will try to check each as I go.

Yes, Pratt's quest require you to be level 6. There is only 3 level 56 quests. In fact I looked up every set and compared to wiki. Suprise, wiki is 100% correct! The only minor exception I saw is that 66 Town Marshall: Oastic Study is now called Town Marshall: Pustule Study (Lava Oastics were renamed to Pustule a short while back)

This is the correct list and wiki matches up:

6-10 New Trismus (Steward Pratt McGrubben)
    11-15 Kion (Krianos)
    16-25 Sslanis (Ssoren)
    26-30 Dalimond (Drugan)
    31-40 Chiconis (Clerash)
    41-50 New Rachival (Dezwar)
    51-60 Mahagra (Fohadon)
    61-70 Kirasanct (Saenethra)
    71-80 Dralk (Grulnar)
    81-100 Aughundell (Daggle)

I said earlier that both TM Mahagra and New Rach will have both sets of quests, that's been undone. It turns out the only issue, with Fohadon, is that he needed a link in his chat when you greet him, to continue chat, if needed. Once clicking on the new link few tasks it'll then check your level and send you to the appropriate Town Marshall. In the case of player being 41-50 range, he'll say go to Dezwar.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; April 17th, 2015 at 06:13 AM.

I'm not getting why you say the wiki is correct.

I'm looking at the chart at the very top of the page that's linked, trying to copy it here just to see what I'm missing:

List of Town MarshallsEdit

Steward Pratt won't give quests to players who are rating 16 and above. The "rating" actually has nothing to do with what quests go where.

What am I missing here?

The Dailies are on down the page, that's the Town Marshall's, their level Rating and where they are.

Ah, I see it now.

I thought that table was a listing of the Town Marshalls, the level that the quests were handed out, and the location of each.

I never even thought that it might somehow be the rating of the NPC itself. Not sure why that's needed, so it never crossed my mind. That being the case, many of the Town Marshalls weren't in the Town Marshall school, and I'll fix that for the next update.

Thank you for the explanation.

Thread Information