Thread: The patch I received on 4.19.15 386.141.0

Default The patch I received on 4.19.15 386.141.0

I read the patch notes and it sounded good but, I am not very happy with the result. I am not sure what happened but, when I recall to the shrine in Bristugo everything is just white, I can see a faint outline of the building and my siloette but that's it. It sits like that for like 30 seconds then everything pops in. This is way slower than it used to be. The only time I see a loading screen at all is upon login. I'm not sure how much of this was intended or if something broke. I'm running a quad core with 8 Gb of ddr3 ram and a Nvidia GTX 560 Ti video card, it should be able to handle Istaria just fine but it's struggling. My internet single is strong I performed a test on http://www.speedtest.net/. I have a 64bit operating system but I am running the game in 32bit I'm running out of ideas here.

Default Re: The patch I received on 4.19.15 386.141.0

It's sounding like the loading screens that usually cover up the ugliness of entering a new area just aren't showing up in your case. I would recommend enabling support logs and sending those into support with a description of the problem; it tends to get issues resolved faster than if they're posted in the forums.

Does it behave any differently if you disable loading screen, all together? /setpref useLoadingScreen false . Is there different behavior if you uncheck the Enable Object Fading box (Options, Video)?
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

behavior is the same with loadingscreen false, I already have the object fading box unchecked. I don't use that. I have support logs checked on also I'll send those in.

Can you verify when you have loadingscreen on /setpref useLoadingScreen true that the loading screen doesn't occur when you teleport?

I know your focus is on the fog, but you should be seeing the loading screen (when on) when you teleport. I'm looking at when you say the loading screen only shows when you login. Can you /window fpswindow and confirm what version displays?

Yes Cegaiel when i have /setpref useloadingscreen true the loading screen never shows except on logon. I always have a bit of my /window lagwindow on to see my FPS I'll check the version on it when I can. Is that different than /window fpswindow I never heard of that one.
    -Kor

Yeah, /window fpswindow will shows the exact version number of client. I was just wanting to verify the version number you're using. No matter how hard I try, I see the loading screen during teleport (recall, stepping through a teleporter) for quite a while (7-10 secs) with v 386.141). I'm just puzzled why you don't see the loading screen. Trying to figure out what voodoo you have that's preventing the loading screen to appear during teleport or recall.

Ok when I get home from work today I'll check. I can report back here or maybe I'll see you if your online. I will log on around 3pm PST.
    Thank you for helping me out, I've been annoyed by not seeing a loading screen for quite some time. I can set it to false or true, there is absolutely no difference in play for me either way. It's like the true doesn't work even though in the chat it shows loadingscreen set to true.
    -Kor

Make sure it is set in C:\Program Files\Istaria\prefs\ClientPrefs_Graphic.def before you try to log in, its near the bottom.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

FPS avg=50.8 Max=52.0 shard: chaos build: 386.141 (Apr 19 2015 14:31:18) C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\

this is what my /window fpswindow says. I am now not getting a loading screen during log in

Just cycled my loadingscreen from true to false to true and now everything works. Wow, this is the first time I have seen a loading screen in over a week. I'm happy. no idea why it did that

-Kor

Glad it's working again. Just a heads up, for everyone, about the fog like issue when loading screen is disabled (where you described you see your silhouette). That's intended. It's a trick to make everything load a bit quicker and help prevent crashes. But with loading screen on, the loading screen should drop at correct time and the fog would not be seen.

Thread Information