Thread: Buffs disappearing on logout/crash/etc.

Default Buffs disappearing on logout/crash/etc.

I'm sure this is a known issue and/or is working as intended, but.. With the advent of the rather pricy buff tokens it has become a lot more of an issue.. Suddenly I'm rather afraid of teleporting to Dalimond or other areas for fear of crashing and losing the precious pawn broker token buffs.. or worse alt-tabbing and having the istaria client freeze up.

I know that some abilities persist, such as the KNoC's sword/shield. Is there some way to get the pawn broker token buffs at the very least to persist? It sucks being kinda punished for a crash or the like.

Default Re: Buffs disappearing on logout/crash/etc.

Whats the pawn broker token buff? Whats the exact name? Someone pulled a fast one by me, I have no clue what that is.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Pawnbroker in Aughundel sells those baubles in diff. tiers, that provide players with helpful buffs.

Though those are good money sinks, and not for routine use- they should survive the crashes-IMHO
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

They're classed as Trinket buffs and range from T1 to T5 highest is 75s each and last 30 minutes.
    You can basically select the buff you want now rather than a random buff being added when used.
    I think this one fell into the 'It's not broke so let's fix it.....opps we broke it' category.
    I don't know anyone that uses them now at 75s each and they wipe on DP and crashes.

Actually, this is something that was requested by players, to have more money sinks that were optional. And the suggestion was made that the trinkets be made more useful as well instead of providing random buffs that may or may not be useful. So we did two birds with one stone, as it were. And if I sound a bit harsh, it is because I worked hard on this and tried to come up with a system that was optional, yet perhaps worth it. To have weeks worth of effort called a mistake is rather hurtful, frankly. It is a delicate balance trying to make it be something that players might spend some extra coin on, yet not so game breaking or game changing even. And it's a bit insulting to then read that it is considered something which has been somehow "broken".

So no, it was not "it's not broke". While the old system worked (and trinket buffs were removed by crashes, dead, and otherwise logging out previously), this was an optional improvement to that system. It reduced the loot on the loot tables which was generally considered useless due to the randomness of the buffs. It left the old trinkets as they were (they can still be used if players had them). It provided a money sink. And it's optional so that if you do not like how it works, you can spend your coin on other things.

I'm closing this thread on this particular topic. Whether the buffs will be changed from how they always have been so that they last upon log out was the original intention of this thread, and it's gone off topic from there. Whether that will happen or not (as to do so would mean changing over 100 items in the database), remains to be seen based on time.

Thank you for the feedback on the new trinket system.

Thread Information