Thread: A New Age for Primal Builds

Thumbs up A New Age for Primal Builds

I recently and still am in process of a making a primal build again, and now with the recent deltas, I think i have finally got a decent on my plate.
    My experiences have gone off these stats:
    Primal: 2003 (2125 buffed)
    Power: 1410 (1879 buffed)
    Focus: 1445 (1664 buffed)
    TP: 600 into health, 468 primal, 132 strength(still from the other build)

Basically, I initially started this like a paladin build, but from the new t6 primalist scales, I can possibly build my dragon like a tank with a reasonable amount of dps. So, my combat strategy with this build fairly simple, cast a teched drain bolt X at the enemy, if needed use primal health/primal instant heal/quickening breeze. The damage that I will deal seems to be between 350-460 damage per bolt without using allowance of power.

Here's my current scales w/ techs ( Techs marked with a * have yet to be implemented into my scales)
    Chest: Priceless Primalist Chest Scale| Saris Stone of Friendship/Preeminent Acclaim (+175 health, +250 ethereal armor, 5% chance to stun with magic)
    Head: Priceless Primalist Head Scale|T6 Health Crystal, T6 Armor Crystal (+150 health, +65 Armor)
    Forelegs: Priceless Primalist Forelegs Scale| 2x T6 Health Crystal, 2x T6 Armor Crystal (+300 health, +130 Armor)
    Hindlegs: Priceless Primalist Hindlegs Scale| Primal, Dragon Breath (+25 Primal, +25 Dragon Breath)
    Back: Priceless Primalist Back Scale| Health, Bone Lacing* (+25 Health, 25% chance to reduce incoming Melee and Ranged damage launched by the Undead by 10%. )
    Tail: Priceless Primalist Tail Scale| Health, Primal (+25 health, +25 Primal)
    Wings: Priceless Primalist Wings Scale| Piercing Winds, Crest of the Blackhammer Clan* ( +50 DPS
    50% improvement to recycle to Galewind, +1000 to Blight Resistance
    50%?? chance to reduce incoming melee and ranged damage by 40%??.

Drain Bolt X is teched with: Primal Damage, Pierce V, and Accuracy V

Here's the combat log with a recent battle with a gloomwolf, not exactly a hard mob, but its just an example.

Default Re: A New Age for Primal Builds

The tail could be made even better:

with scale of grand magus kit (island of ice)

horizons_1431096908.jpg

Theres also a t2 quest reward crystal in Observatory outpost, Battlemasters stone,which adds 25 primal and 25 tnc. takes armor socket.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    The tail could be made even better:

with scale of grand magus kit (island of ice)

horizons_1431096908.jpg

Theres also a t2 quest reward crystal in Observatory outpost, Battlemasters stone,which adds 25 primal and 25 tnc. takes armor socket.
    I wasn't aware of the magus tech, and meh i rather have the health and armor crystal than the battlestone.

I'd say if the build works for you as a caster that's great. You seem to have maximized your build to the way that it works best for you. I can't say my build is the same (its similar except that i'm missing the TP into anything but power/primal/focus)

The magus tech for the tail scale is nice if you want to focus on damage. I personally tend to use the bard's tail for the benefits of the modifiers, so it helps with casting and recycle times on my spells.

Seeing as I haven't finished my t6 set yet, I can't tell how its going to work out for my build but at a guess from what I've seen and compared of other caster builds, it should do around similar damage. Your set is similar to the one I have planned except that I won't be using health and armor crystals, and a couple different tech kits I have planned on using, but that's just down to a difference in build.

Overall, I'm glad to see you're happy with the outcome of your caster. Maybe with luck it means there will be a few more caster builds now.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Thread Information