Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Suggesting concerning the requirements to wear t6 dragon items

Default Re: Suggesting concerning the requirements to wear t6 dragon items

their could be errors and bugs like Istaria has
    Erm. This is pretty much every content release in Istaria since I joined, and probably further back than that. If things that could cause bugs/errors weren't implemented - there goes the entire game. That's what the Blight shard is for, so that content can be tested for bugs and such.

I can assure you, simply changing the code for the requirements is not that hard, and should not cause a massive amount of bugs, or any. People always want to cheat on any game, the only way to avoid people wanting to cheat, is to not make a game at all. Still don't see how that directly connects to the T6 scales going to adults and hatchlings in anyway whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaeNymVoar View Post
    I don't believe its the Idea that's ruining the Game its all the complains and fighting not being a Community that's Destroying everything, I like this Idea to some Degree, But i believe in no Easy Button for nothing, I believe everyone should have to work for their Scales and stuff just as it is now, be more of Community working together than apart. All the fighting here is like Kids Stuff and no one can be happy unless one wins. Stop fighting for what you don't have and be happy with what you have, Not saying the Idea is bad, I like it as i said before, but your Fighting is not Solving anything. Be Happy that there IS an Istaria even play. Not hating anyone's idea but this is how i feel about it, I like the Game the way AS IT IS.
    I agree, but seriously. Istaria is fair as it is.
    True dragons soar!

I Really like the idea of the T6 scales having an adventure lvl requirement of 100, it follows the trend of the other special scale sets. Having a hoard requirement of between 40 and 60 mill is a great requirement too, it's not too difficult to obtain especially when doing your hunting in the Eastern deadland or the rift.

Tho I think I'd also love to see a quest line for getting them while grinding, Perhaps the quests needed to get them are classed as "epic" and will need more then one person, and each quest requires a sequence of epic hunts. Those are pretty fun and are done in groups anyway, and i feel like there would be one for each type of scale (head,chest,wings, and so on) I also feel the quests would be given by the dragon elders and one at a time, so you couldn't pick em up all at once.

You wouldn't be getting the scale already made either, they'd still be the corroded broken scales, and you'd still have to find the scale hardeners and what not. But, that's just my opinion on the t6 sets ^^

To bring the discussion back to the point of the original idea and following after Icestream.

Some of the suggestions on how to make the scales to be more difficult for hatchlings and adults to acquire are rock-solid.

Some people have mentioned requiring a certain amount of hoard as well as the components and the like to craft the scales for adults and hatchlings. Such a requirement has not been mentioned to be levied upon the ancients.

Further, it has also been suggested that there be craft level requirements applied to HATCHLINGS and ADULTS, NOT Ancients. The idea is leave the scales as they are for those that want to just get to ancient and do bare minimum craft for them, i.e. 30 DCRA from the original hatchling to adult Rites.

I cannot possibly conceive how making the scales HARDER for ADULTS and HATCHLINGS would make it an 'I-win' button... such an argument holds no water in the least. How can it be 'easy' if they require more work and effort for adults and hatchlings? There's just no way that argument can even stand.

Even further STILL, another poster actually put up the timeline, which would conceivably support adults and hatchlings having been the ones to actually use such scales before the Gate of Embers was even opened and Jemenoth became the first Ancient in 'our time'. So how can 'ancient' scales even exist... if there weren't ancients to be the ones wearing them in the first place? Again, those facts point out that adults and hatchlings SHOULD be able to use such scales.

Another poster mentioned 'hatchlings and adults need to do 'their duty' and 'take their place on the Council of Ancients'. That in itself sounds like an attempt to force people to do something that they don't want to do. Again, as another player mentioned, there IS an Order Shard where storylines and characters mean a lot more than they may mean on Chaos or even Blight.

Another person mentioned that 'it may not be possible to place a craft discriminator' on the scales, this too is incorrect. Take a good look at your Tier VI cargo disks... what do they say? Right, craft rating of 105+ along with 'current craft' or something like that. By that logic itself. It is impossible to say that the devs cannot put such a discriminator on the Tier VI scales for adults and hatchlings.

To further expand on that note... a long time back, only Saris, Satyr, SSlik, and Dryads were able to wear 'invisible' dyed clothing and gear. I specifically recall seeing some invisibly dyed equipment that I tried put on a character that didn't meet that further discriminator and it said 'you don't meet the requirements to use that item', granted, that limitation was later removed, but the point stands. This too points to the fact that it IS possible to discriminate things in that manner.

For those that say such a thing would be 'lore-breaking', no, its not, as myself, and some of the other posters have clearly shown support and evidence that proves otherwise.

Again, I would like to re-state my idea and combine it with others that were mentioned.

Adults: 100 ADV. Either 90+ craft in one school, 45+ craft in two schools, or 30+ craft in three schools.

Hatchlings: 100 ADV. 100 in one craft school, or 50+ in two craft schools

In addition to a set amount of hoard, scaled up to Tier VI level to make the scales, or to incorporate another person's idea... make adults and hatchlings have to do quests to 'prove their worth' in addition to all the other requirements I've listed in this post. That'll certainly make it a challenge and prove that its not an 'I-win' button for adults and hatchlings.

I'd be willing to take on 'epic' quests to prove my hatchling's worth to wear such scales. Bring it on!

Going off on a tangent, but not to sound arrogant. I regularly bring my 100/100 hatchlings to epic boss hunts and I can surprise the entire group with my hatchlings' power, skills, and abilities against them. I've even battled adults and ancients in the arena and managed to defeat them. I've killed all the ARoP bosses (outside of the Rift) that is, solo with those hatchlings. After all this, my hatchlings have MORE than proved their worth to wear such scales.

While it is true my hatchlings are comparitively weaker than a heavily multi-classed biped, and either adults or ancients, by virtue of stat boosts and adult and ancient exclusive abilities, by no means are they 'not worthy' to use such things. If you think I need to prove my hatchlings with an even harder challenge, okay, party up with me for Elial on the Peak of Storms, let me give them a shot at taking on an 'Ancient-only' enemy.

This topic was never a biped vs dragon topic, nor did it ever mention 'giving hatchlings access to new elemental breaths' and 'adults access to ancient only ability quests'. Far from it.

I play several 100/100 hatchlings and I would not mind dealing with the requirements detailed out above. Those of you that don't want adults and hatchlings to have these scales and think that we just 'want something easy', really need to reconsider that position. As has been detailed by quite a few of the posters that support this, we are more than willing to work harder for them than any Ancient has to in order to use these.

There are more than a few things that my hatchlings will never get... i.e. ancient level abilities, flight, breaths, or even Drulkar's Wrath, but I'm okay with those... Those actually make sense not to be able to get, but scales? Scales that likely Adults and Hatchlings used before Ancients even returned to Istaria? Absolutely not! Those scales were likely designed by the very same hatchlings and adults that all those opposed to this use now.

If that's how it must be, I'll go out on an extreme note here... remove the Tier VI scales from the game entirely so this discussion, or another like this never has to occur. I'm SURE people would be FAR more in support of that than removing the ancient-only requirement and increasing the requirements for adults and hatchlings to use them.

It would not 'ruin' or 'break' the game to allow hatchlings and adults to have much more stringent requirements to use these scales than an Ancient at 100/30.
    Last edited by Litarath; May 17th, 2015 at 10:11 AM.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

The only thing this thread is proving now is that there's nobody at the office
    It's time Amon stepped in and ended this before you start asking for flying bi-peds too.

Like most people a few post earlier, I'm not going to contribute much to the thread currently, but:

Thank you Litarath!
    You're the first person whom I actually believe to have read my timeline post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    The only thing this thread is proving now is that there's nobody at the office
    It's time Amon stepped in and ended this before you start asking for flying bi-peds too.
    oops Sind,
    do those, who took the time for long and well thought posts here-presented their ideas and feelings-
    derserve such a comment ?

No respect for those , who do not share the same opinion? Vice Versa-ridicule them instead?

Oh my:-(
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Ideas about completely changing the game of over 10+ years just because "they" want to stay hatchie but want the brute force of Ancient.
    No thank you, I'll delete my account if this ever happens.

Thread Information