Thread: English to Eilerten Erdoten Translator

Default English to Eilerten Erdoten Translator

Kirmzetta Stone
    Click the icon to go to the translator!

Alpha v1.0

Welcome to Kirmzetta Stone!
    I took the time to make a translator so that players could more easily use the Language of Dragons created long ago by Keir Chet k'Eilerten.

However, because I did this mostly alone, there could be some serious gaps in the wording and my knowledge of coding isn't fabulous so it also isn't at its fullest potential.

Some bugs I'll have to work out over time:
    • When showing possession with the word "of", you're supposed to replace it with "k'". For example, "of Alex" would be "k'Alex". I have not been able to figure out how to make LingoJam do such a thing.
    • Translating present verbs such as "she eats food" or "it calls aloud", so instead it will have to be replaced with "she is eating food" or "it is calling aloud".
    • Making LingoJam recognize feminine and masculine pronouns, and changing the sentences to be gender specific. So all pronouns that are unisex in English, will be written with an "o/a" with O being masculine and A being feminine.
    • Typing in the Erdoten k'Eilerten box doesn't translate as smoothly on the English side, but should hopefully be understandable regardless.
    • There are no conjunctions, so "can't", "won't", "didn't" and so on will have to be typed as "cannot", "will not", "did not", etc etc.
    • Pronouns and nouns used to describe a neutral or unknown gender as well as a specific gender (you, mine, my, children, child, etc) are not formatted to show mixed or neutral gender. For example: "How are you?" when typed will be "Temaga nieo/a?", but if you're attempting to reference an unknown gender, it would have to be "Temaga nie?" i.e. Remove the "o/a" for neutral gender.
    • Article adjectives don't exist. "a", "an", and "the" are not words in the language. I tried as hard as I can to implement them so that these words would automatically be removed, but if they AREN'T, you'll have to take them out yourself. If they're typed before a noun and aren't removed, add a "t" or an "at" to the end of the consecutive word. Ex: "a fly" should be "vot", but it may be "vo" so you would have to add the "t" manually.

It's very possible that this list continues, I just haven't found that out yet. xD
    I will frequently update this thread as well as the translator as more people find the crevices in my translator.

If you find something that's wrong!
    Feel free to post a comment below!
    If you find words that are missing, please list them alphabetically.

Thank you for your time and patience everyone! G'rei vop!

Default Re: English to Eilerten Erdoten Translator

Also note that some words (that probably should) may not exist in the language at all so you can't always get a translation for everything.

Kirmizi (and myself as someone to bounce ideas off of) have added some words in that were noticeably absent. And by adding some in, I mean we took existing words that would make sense and mashed them together. Example: the word "statue" did not exist, so we mashed together the words for "living stone" to allow statue to translate into the dragon language. There is precedent for mashing words together to create new words within the language itself, so we felt this would be perfectly fine to do.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    There is precedent for mashing words together to create new words within the language itself, so we felt this would be perfectly fine to do.
    For example, on the page they've written "Smile". The verb is literally a mesh of words saying "to delight in".

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmizi View Post
    Some bugs I'll have to work out over time:

When showing possession with the word "of", you're supposed to replace it with "k'". For example, "of Alex" would be "k'Alex". I have not been able to figure out how to make LingoJam do such a thing.
    UPDATE 6/21/15

This issue has officially been fixed! However punctuation is important for the proper translation. The translator sees that if "of" has a space after it, then it's posessive and will show ownership of the following word. If there is punctuation after it, it recognizes "of" as non-posessive.

For example:
    Posessive: "This is made of what?"
    Non-posessive: "What is this made of?"

Though the question is the same, the posession is different.

Wow....I hadn't noticed this thread when I first came back a few days ago...this is *awesome* and I can't wait to play with it!!! Thanks for all the work!

Quote Originally Posted by Berdagauret View Post
    Wow....I hadn't noticed this thread when I first came back a few days ago...this is *awesome* and I can't wait to play with it!!! Thanks for all the work!
    I'm glad it can be helpful ^^
    And like I mentioned, if you catch any missing words feel free to tell me and I'll take note of them to add later.

This is awesome! It's going to be so helpful in role-play... now I can actually sound like I know what I'm talking about! Just... don't make me have a full conversation with you in Elierten Erdoten, please.

Also... Kirmzetta stone? Such humility! I am in awe of your humbleness! *slowly claps and bows*
    "Why have steak when you can have snail?"

UPDATE 9/27/15

Hello again!

I know it's been a while since I posted an update, but I'm not getting enough feedback from people to know missing words!
    Despite this fact, I took the time to add several new words.

paper
    metal
    ore
    ingot
    yellow
    orange
    clear
    invisible
    break
    breaking
    broke
    broken
    breakable
    strong
    strength
    strongly
    weak
    weakness
    weakly
    biped
    bi
    pedal
    foot
    feet
    toe
    toes
    leg
    legs
    hand
    hands
    claw
    claws
    nail
    nails
    talon
    talons
    arm
    arms
    flight
    flightless
    garnet
    turquoise
    malachite
    topaz
    rose quartz
    peridot
    opal
    lapis
    lapis lazuli
    jasper
    jade
    fire opal
    emerald
    citrine
    aquamarine
    amethyst
    diamond
    sapphire
    ruby
    granite
    marble
    slate
    obsidian
    sandstone
    travertine
    platinum
    gold
    iron
    mithril
    silver
    cobalt
    bronze
    steel
    adamantium

The resources were named based on the material they were made of and their traits. For exmaple, gold is "aleroio" which means "shiny yellow". I named them all based on color, strength, luster, or texture.

You may notice that wood is missing, and this is because I believe dragons would not have names for trees or wood since they would never use it as a resource. So when referring to it, they just use the biped word of "oak" or "maple", etc.

Epic job, well done!

Link was broken when I clicked it. Is the page still active?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Link was broken when I clicked it. Is the page still active?
    Clicking the icon doesn't work for me either. Try this

Thanks. I appreciate that.

I tried fixing it, but I'm not really sure how to edit posts--or if it's even possible. I've still been working on this btw, just never posted more words because collection grew to be so large that it seemed a bit silly to post it. The translator is roughly at 4000 translation rules atm

Exclamation Re: English to Eilerten Erdoten Translator

Just adding this in here since I've been getting a lot of people telling me the link is broken.

I believe it's because I unlocked the translator to the public, so it can be found without needing the link to get there.

Click the icon to go to the translator.

Happy role-playing!

Is this still an on going project? It's awesome so far!
    Niomira- 100/100/100/100 ancient, Order

Quote Originally Posted by Nio View Post
    Is this still an on going project? It's awesome so far!
    It is! Just very slow-going is all. I don't keep up with this thread very faithfully, I'm sorry ^^;

Thread Information