Thread: Head and body texture broken since last updates

Default Head and body texture broken since last updates

As you can see, all dragons heads are partly red and there are also texture errors on the body...

What could that be?
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Default Re: Head and body texture broken since last updates

Those are the tooth and claw textures somehow being exploded to huge proportions and overlaid on the body. LMAO. I have no idea how _that_ occurred. You're playing unmodded, yes?

Actually I cannot count the mods I have applied over the last 7.7 years. I might even have one or more "white" tooth and claw mods installed
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)

That might be what it is. If you have several mods adjusting the textures for dragons, one of them could be conflicting with the now-live white teeth and claws. Not sure what exactly would cause.. that, though. Haha.

well then I can't be the only one around. All of the mods I ever installed were mentioned in the forum hmm

Well it's definitely not a game bug; one of your mods (likely one that modifies dragon textures) is causing the issue and you will have to find and remove it to fix the issue. :P

Little update:

After deleting a folder with dragon_u_claws.agh and dragon_u_teeth_mouth.agh inside as well as a folder named "Throat patches" I look like this:

Am I normal now? Yet I wonder why there is some red strains on my horns.

First, I have to determine if this is a mod issue. I'll need you to move everything out of your resources_override folder (but not delete). On a fully clean override folder, launch and fullscan/patch your client.

If it displays without this strange red patch, then it definitely is one of your mods. If it does not, I have some looking around to do.

If it is one of your mods, you can determine who the culprit is by placing a single mod at a time in resources_override and loading the game to see if it is the culprit.

Edit: Looks like you got it while I was writing the post.
    Azulyte is a Dragon's best friend. Azulars on the other hand, are another matter entirely...

Just to check it as well I moved the resource_override folder after I logged out. Then my istaria looks like this:

As you can see, the red signs stay on my teeth and horns (and on others horns as seen in the background)

The red patches on the horns you are seeing in the second photo is how they modded it to be seen now. Honestly I would have rather they added the option to add 2 simple image files to mod personal textures then forcing everyone to mod and giving the option to unmod it. The red stains on your horns is actually the tooth root texture due to when they were originally designed instead of using separate texture locations for the horns and teeth on all the heads... texture the small teeth you texture everything else weather it looks right or not. Seeing how easy it is to retexture the teeth to white perhaps this was why they were not made white? Difficulties due to cheating on the models when they were created...

We get it Soraii, you're going to keep complaining about the new textures despite them being a change for the better. There's no easy way to give people an option. The new textures are more artistically sound, give a better first impression to the game in terms of graphics, etc etc.

If you don't like the new horn and claw textures, I provided some mods here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...h-Mod-Variants

Or you can change the texture to whatever you like, as the new textures for teeth, horns, and mouth are much easier to edit to your liking.

I do apologize Kida, but what you consider a change for the better I consider heavy a handed kludge done due to a few people asking for white teeth. Opinions are opinions, and as long as some people say they like them I will say I don't. It was not done in a constructive way in my opinion as well as many others I have talked to. Constructively and done correctly they would have separated the teeth and the horn texture and made it possible to add white teeth correctly, but *shrug*. And I am talking to more and more people logging in and being shocked at what has happened... I guess that is due to the people who like the mod have already had it installed so saw no change.

I personally would suggest placing me on ignore Kida it would likely be for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Soraii View Post
    I do apologize Kida, but what you consider a change for the better I consider heavy a handed kludge done due to a few people asking for white teeth. Opinions are opinions, and as long as some people say they like them I will say I don't. It was not done in a constructive way in my opinion as well as many others I have talked to. Constructively and done correctly they would have separated the teeth and the horn texture and made it possible to add white teeth correctly, but *shrug*. And I am talking to more and more people logging in and being shocked at what has happened... I guess that is due to the people who like the mod have already had it installed so saw no change.

I personally would suggest placing me on ignore Kida it would likely be for the best.
    Or you could, you know, stop spamming your views on every thread about this. You have said your opinion enough times already, the devs have read it, and that should be the end of it. It gets very annoying to see someone so fixated on the same thing every time they post, and in fact there are rules about repeatedly posting the same views over and over on the forums. So please, stop posting your discontent with it. We heard you the first like 20 times, we don't want to keep seeing it.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

But, change does not happen unless you talk.

There is very much a wide valley between those that liked it and those that did not.

It is well within my rights to let people know when they ask about this. Perhaps they might find a way to implement actually allowing you to redesign so you can change your character to suit the changes? Or perhaps they might modify the 'mod' to actually do what they requested in the post where they added it 'add white teeth and mouth textures' Either of these would be a honest improvement to this game. I am not trying to annoy people guys, I am just trying to keep rattling the cage so improvements for the better are added and not just some bandaids.

And up there, Phara asked why he had red on his horns, I answered it with a bit of backstory and that would have been it.

*shrugs*

On Chaos at least,many people welcomed the change with grateful cheers. *include this dragon here*.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

As were they on order, although when questioned... most of them were already using it to begin with

They only learned of the change when others started grumbling.

Thread Information