Thread: Priceless Wing and head scale. (Lunus)

Default Priceless Wing and head scale. (Lunus)

Conqueror head scales and wings scales should have the Armor not the Dex as dragons are Strength and tooth and claw based, if your going lunus. i hear theirs another kind of Scale for heliens so this is lunus topic based. there Should be the armor add instead of DEX as i don't miss my targets and im a damage soaker. I value armor over health or any other stat. Will it be possible to Edit the (lunus) Dex con scales to be Armor instead? 165? I use still the mithril-Marble armor scales over the Priceless wing and head scale. This would make a truly end game armor set truly valuable, Wouldn't you agree?
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Default Re: Priceless Wing and head scale. (Lunus)

I'm certain players who have dragons with a high dexterity build would disagree with your opinion that change is needed. It depends entirely on the individual player's build as to what would be best on their scales. As t6 scales are generalized for a basic melee build and a basic caster build, I see no reason to complain that they aren't tailor made to fit my build or anyone else's build.

Personally I really hate the dragon breath on the scales. It doesn't fit any build my dragons have and dragon breath is useless as a technique in my opinion. I still wear all the t6 scales (minus chest scale because the Ceremonial Scale is better) because everything else makes up for it, regardless of whether or not they have dragon breath on them.

No change is needed at this point.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

No, I don't agree. The priceless scales are fine, it doesn't matter whether you have armor or dex. on the scales in my opinion, they both keep you alive. Besides the fact that you can even tech such scales, with crazy stats is a privilege the devs didn't have to allow. I'm sure armor is a tech-able ability, or at the very least socket-able.

And i really don't mean to be rude But if people keep selfishly complaining about them The devs will likely take them out of the game, then perhaps those with the scale will be grateful for them
    Last edited by Icestream; May 25th, 2015 at 01:50 AM.

I like the dragon breath on them, we've been needing it from someplace. and even on t5 mithril scales, i recommend t&c, db, str in that order of importance for melee builds. for casters primal, db, power.

One thing you will notice with the t6 scales vs t5, if you swap out the whole set, armor does go up. They move it around and put a lot on certain slots, less or none on others, but the overall total is increase (pretty sure, not in game to check). The nice thing about that is you can mix in t5 armor scales and get even more armor (overall) in those slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I like the dragon breath on them, we've been needing it from someplace. and even on t5 mithril scales, i recommend t&c, db, str in that order of importance for melee builds. for casters primal, db, power.

One thing you will notice with the t6 scales vs t5, if you swap out the whole set, armor does go up. They move it around and put a lot on certain slots, less or none on others, but the overall total is increase (pretty sure, not in game to check). The nice thing about that is you can mix in t5 armor scales and get even more armor (overall) in those slots.
    example you get more armor on a marble-mithril head and wingscale then you do with the priceless wings and headscale... even with a socket >>

im not saying remove the t6 set im just saying to make the wing and head scale have that epic full armor set.. would really fit it :P dragon breath can stay but dex is really useless since armor reduces the damage as a whole. so your better off with armor rather then the health or dux boost.

or you could just make the wing scales are able to be socketed id be happy with that choice too.

i perfer being a tank and a dps at the sametime as its a real role of a lunus.

oh you could just add different kind of wing or head scales.. Dex, armor, DB, or health. when you make the Priceless scale you could have a choice that too would be a good idea too. and everyone wins XD

yes thats a great idea.. have different T6 options when your making the scales. that would be a great option choices for everyone ^^
    Last edited by ArchDemon; May 25th, 2015 at 01:08 PM.
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

As people have said Arch, you need to look at the entire set as a whole, and not pick at little pieces here and there. The set itself, as mentioned, is a GENERALIZED set for a melee dragon. Therefore, each stat useful for a melee dragon is represented, albeit concentrated on specific scales. You have use of armor but don't need dex? Then they made it so you can replace the wing/head scales with the t5 armor scales to improve your armor and leave out the dex. If they put armor on those scales, then to keep the set balanced they would be removing armor from other scales in the set. Overall, you are not going to get a free boost to armor just by asking they replace the dex on those scales with armor, and it will (rightfully so) get taken away from other locations on the set.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

One thing about dexterity, which seems to be getting a bad rap.

Dex increases chance to hit, increases chance to evade, but is also increases the minimum possible damage done. The last part is often overlooked and I will try to explain how it works. Attack X does 50 to 75 damage, times some multiplier affected by str and skill, and then some randomizer get applied yet again so that the possible damage range is say 185 to 235 (on this hypothetical attack). When you increase dex, the minimum number gets raised. It's still a random range, but in its own way it increases overall damage.

Not to say building a dex dragon will be amazing, but it is interesting. Dex plays a part, so it's good to have some on there. I wouldn't spend tp's on it, but if we can get some built in that's nice (Since I also wouldn't spend a tech slot on it unless nothing else would go on).

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    Conqueror head scales and wings scales should have the Armor not the Dex as dragons are Strength and tooth and claw based, if your going lunus.
    By your own arguement you don't need armour they are Strength and TnC based. Oh btw dex HELPS with TnC.

[QUOTE=ArchDemon;304704]I hear theirs another kind of Scale for heliens so this is lunus topic based. there Should be the armor add instead of DEX as i don't miss my targets and im a damage soaker. QUOTE]

WTH? Since when were there "Helian" scales? There are PRIMALIST scales for Spell casters but no HELIAN scales. And Yes I know Lunus get a strength buff and Helians get power.. but that doesn't discount the fact helians can be very effective melee fighters over all (Oh btw I have a Lunus Ancient)

there Should be the armor add instead of DEX as i don't miss my targets and im a damage soaker. I value armor over health or any other stat.
    Thats just YOUR build everyone is slightly different. For example Aurakvoar is pure strength a miss is VERY costly so Dex works fine I plan to kill things before they can strike back thus armour is not so important (For me).

Will it be possible to Edit the (lunus) Dex con scales to be Armor instead? 165? I use still the mithril-Marble armor scales over the Priceless wing and head scale. This would make a truly end game armor set truly valuable, Wouldn't you agree?
    Conqueror scales not Lunus. Leave the Dex in it helps DPS and helps (very slightly (probably not even noticable) with evasion

PS. Btw you can get more strength on the Tier 6 than you do on the Tier 5.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

I'm sorry ArchDemon but I have to disagree with you cause you have to study the scale set. You cannot pick and choose cause everyone has there own builds, like they said it generalized for melee, but you can combine scale from t5 and t6 if you want armor and don't forget about using crystals in the sockets too or techniques. I have to agree with Macheon, Guaran and the others that there is no change needed.

Also as Calyndrell stated there is no helian scales but only melee or casters (aka magic) many people assume helian means caster but it reality its people's choice to be a melee fighter or a caster it doesn't matter the fraction. Trying to go only by fraction can lead to a dangerous trend, which could end up to an unwanted change leading to people being forced to choice instead of having a freedom to choose what feels right to them. In addition, if you making a suggestion to change the game ArchDemon this should be in the suggestion thread not the dragon thread.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; June 2nd, 2015 at 12:32 AM.

Thread Information