Thread: As Promised

Default As Promised

Don't know how or why it was available all of a sudden, but I FINALLY acquired the large plot on Trandalar: Valley of Repose...

In accordance with a previous post I made on the subject, I have acquired a year-long subscription to maintain this plot that I have desired for so very long...

Now the question or questions:

1) Is there a way to do with biped plots that was done with lairs? Specifically showing the completed structures versus the incomplete structures? This will make planning so much easier if it is possible.

2) I want to make this a 'Dream' Plot that people will come gather around - is this a location people will be interested in visiting, meetings, gatherings, etc?

My 'Grand' Plan:
    Industrial Zone: Includes all Expert Shops, maybe some silos (There need is much lower now thanks to the changes) and perhaps incorporate the expert level (T6/3 NPC) Vault in this zone.

Food Court: Includes the Expert Confectioner Shop and a Tavern with a little park

Residential Zone: Self-Explanatory

Park Zone: A place to sit back relax and unwind, may be part/extension of the Food Court.

Yes...while planning might take a week or more*, the actual construction is going to take much more; but again hopefully something to show off and perhaps bring others to this scenic little valley.

Aaelefein

*Having had eye surgery for a detached retina late last week, I'm finding things a bit more difficult to perform using only one eye. I didn't expect it to make much of a difference, but it is amazing how much I relied on even a poorly performing eye before the surgery...so planning might take longer than expected and the reason I'm asking about the ability to have my client show completed structures after being placed/planned.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: As Promised

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein View Post
    1) Is there a way to do with biped plots that was done with lairs? Specifically showing the completed structures versus the incomplete structures? This will make planning so much easier if it is possible.
    Do you mean that instead of scaffolding ,you would see (useless) completed structures through use of a mod? Like, you'd get the visuals of completed structures on incomplete ones? If so, I don't think such a mod exists for biped plots. I guess you'd just have to visualize, or ask around to see if there's a plot version of the old lair mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein View Post
    2) I want to make this a 'Dream' Plot that people will come gather around - is this a location people will be interested in visiting, meetings, gatherings, etc?
    Valley of Repose is definitely a pretty and interesting area, but it's not going to be as popular as places that you can just portal to or often run through. I bet you people would be fine with visiting, but you might have some problems with getting low-levels around - the paths into it have T3 mobs around and you don't start attuned. Furthermore the attunement quest requires 40, so it's a lot of running for lower-levels.

Of course, the run's not going to kill your chances or anything. I'm sure everyone in this game's used to a bit of running at this point Just what came to mind.

I like your plans though, it certainly sounds interesting - I'll have to scout about when you're building or finish it. (And hopefully not crush your flowers with Racky's big paws!)

P.s. How big even IS that plot? It sounds like it's huge if you can fit all that into it

It is 120x120 and a test attempt at placing things - the expert shops (All of them plus the T6 vault only took up a quarter of it...maybe.

Actually it is not as difficult to get to as it used to be as one can port to Acul (Assuming that hasn't changed with some new attunement quest in the last year) now and make the long slog there. Yes, there might be some oak treants along the one edge, but they are rarely on the road making for a long but scenic trip.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Do you mean that instead of scaffolding ,you would see (useless) completed structures through use of a mod? Like, you'd get the visuals of completed structures on incomplete ones? If so, I don't think such a mod exists for biped plots. I guess you'd just have to visualize, or ask around to see if there's a plot version of the old lair mod.
    The answer would be no, unlike the lairs which uses special 'unbuilt' versions of each room to maintain connectivity, the biped plot tends to share scaffold models between different buildings making a simple swap of unbuilt model with it's built version as I did in the lair mod impossible. There was absolutely nothing special about the lair mod as it was just a simple model swap.

You can see the structures when they are in the planning screen as long as you do not click "build". Once you commit to building them, they turn into a pile of scaffolding and materials, and you cannot see the finished structure again until you build it or delete & replace it in the planning screen.

I learned this the hard way and have been frustrated when trying to fine-tune or aesthetically place additional things on my plot after finishing the main wave of planning. The option to view all structures in planning mode, even when under construction, would be lovely indeed.

What I am doing instead is: after getting a starting point - when I go back for more planning I 'Plan' the same structure in the same place for reference when planning additional sections. Tedious yes, but it seems to work for now...

I like Awdz idea...that when in 'Planning' mode all structures appear as built whether finished or not. Would make planning a LOT easier.
    Spirit Brothers

Thread Information