Thread: Resource Machines??

Quaref

Default Resource Machines??

Are they ever going to put ALL the machines needed at the resource??
    Not sure about everyone else...but I'm gettin pretty tired of filling up, smelting, filled up with bars...just to have to recall, make 16 items, deconstruct.....then walk allllll the way back to the resource. This has to suck for new players, they cant even carry half of what veteran players can.

When veteran crafters leave....who will step up n take their place??

zerbot

Default Re: Resource Machines??

Well, for the veteran players, (those in tier 3 and beyond), the situation is much improved. There used to be *no* machines in the field at all for those resources, so you had to bring in loads of raw material, not processed bars/spools/bricks, etc.

If there is a road nearby, bringing in a cargo disk full is much more efficient than recalling.

Ive noticed that HZ has broken shops in the fields, when these are foxed there both machines in them.
    I think what they're doing is having us rebuild the structures with both machines.
    On Chaos there is now a woodworking bench by the Elm, it wasnt there a couple of weeks ago.
    Eventualy, I think there will be machines, it's just up tp us to build them.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaref
    Are they ever going to put ALL the machines needed at the resource??
    Not sure about everyone else...but I'm gettin pretty tired of filling up, smelting, filled up with bars...just to have to recall, make 16 items, deconstruct.....then walk allllll the way back to the resource. This has to suck for new players, they cant even carry half of what veteran players can.

When veteran crafters leave....who will step up n take their place??
    Since AE won't return finishing machines on the Training islands, the best bet is to open your map and look around the tiered cities (or get a mapmarker.def file). Find the player cities near the desired resources and portal there, looking for Beginner or Journeymen shops. They have a +25 / +50 skill bonus (effectively adding 2 to 3 or 5 levels to your current skills) and may be close to the resource.

The XP/time will likely be worth it.

You have a good point though about "ALL the machines needed", but AE has a long standing precedence of placing no scaleforges in the field. Likely, in all fairness, when dragon lair plots come, that will allow scaleforges to be built near resources.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Thread Information