Thread: Trandalar: Valley of Repose

Default Trandalar: Valley of Repose

Howdy fellow Istarians...

Since my return I have once again sprouted up in the Valley of repose. If you go north from the arrival pad you will come to Treyvan's lair where I now have all crafting chambers of a level five nature up and running. As I am still building on the lair and a nearby plot, there is no community accessible storage atm. There is a vault inside the lair and just outside on a nearby plot as well.

Then there is my 'Grand Plan' which after years of attempts I finally acquired that 120x120 plot. Most planning is complete which means the hard work begins: Construction of 11 Expert Level Shops!!!! Made a spreadsheet and the numbers are daunting to say the least, but this has been a dream for those same number of years.

Leaving the arrival pad head southwest a little and you can't miss the big spread I've set out, hopefully with the intent of making it look nice and inviting to all-comers. First thing you will see is the nicely tiled patio where there is a nice little fire, plenty of benches and hammocks to rest after your weary travel, and a tavern to quench your thirst and palate. For those on a time schedule, there is a nearby clock to keep you on schedule or to offer a nice background noise to fall asleep to.

Behind the patio is the food stores and kitchen which when finished will supply the currently unstocked tavern keeper. To the left of the patio is the residential zone which has a nice gazebo for smaller, quieter assemblies or those seeking a quiet place to meet with their significant other. Houses are rented out on a first-come, first-served basis (not storage), so feel free to stay for a day or make a long vacation of it.

Finally there is the southwest corner where the vault and industrial complex stands ready to be constructed. With pleasant paths and greenery to soften the industrial edge, everything is close by for easy access. Sadly none of the currently erected structures have public accessible storage, but there are plans for public accessible silos in the near future.

According to the realtor, there are 4 or 5 other plots available for immediate purchase. Within a very short walk you have cotton, oak, obsidian, and T3 gems readily available along with a couple food stuffs. Surrounded by mountains which keep out the frigid air of Trandalar main, it is believed the Katja Volcano where Eclipse lurks, is the reason for the mild temperatures and lush greenery that fills the Valley. It truly is a splendorous location that while off the beaten path offers the hopes of a small tight knit community with room for quiet solitude and meditation.

Between some world shops and my plot, for those looking for work, there is plenty of construction* to be completed but my funds** are limited in how I can pay for said services. If you are seeking employment please contact me either here or in-game to see if we can come to a financial agreement that pleases us both.

I look forward to seeing you all...In the Valley!

Aaelefein

*Other than the world machines, most work is of a T6 nature. Some T4 work still needs to be done on the expert shops which is mostly Bright Essence Spheres/Sources and Silk Bolts/Tapestries. For those interested in hard numbers, and assuming it is possible to craft T6 at optimal: 64,280 Silk Spools - 7,200 Maple Boards - 52,330 Bright Ess. Orbs - 79,200 Adamantium Bars - 75,900 Radiant Ess. Orbs - 115,500 Steelsilk Spools - 92,400 Thornwood Boards - 69,300 Travertine Bricks

**I also have some unused Novians I can exchange for payment as well
    Last edited by Aaelefein; June 22nd, 2015 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Added Novian exchange
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Re: Trandalar: Valley of Repose

Update:

Shop Construction is coming alone nicely. Travertine is almost done and thanks to LOVWYRM, the Radiant Essence work is nearing completion as well. What T4 work remains to be finished will be done via novians from deconstructed Journeyman shops on my nearby plot.

There is now public accessible storage on the plot: the 4 Journeyman single-machine shops (Stack:3 - Bulk: 300,000) nestled in between the Guild House and Expert Leatherworking shop and the center Expert Pottery and Paper Press Shops (Stack:4 - Bulk: 600,000) for a total public accessible storage of Stack: 20 and Bulk: 2,400,000.

This will be an excellent area for doing Obsidian and Oak as the two are quite prevalent and close by.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist

(Flameus (hubby), his alt Lupussan and me did/do the radiant.:-) )
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thanks to the added efforts of Knossos and Lovwyrm, Flameus and Lupassan - The Expert Blacksmith Shop is built and active.

Once fully constructed, the plan is to get the shops stocked with resources so I can make almost anything on-demand (except Alchemy); and will be able to start keeping the tavern stocked for weary travelers.
    Spirit Brothers

Come One, Come All!

With the exception of the Leatherworking Shop (ETA 1, maybe 2 days) and some additional decorations - Aaelefein is pleased to present:

Aaelefein's Dream

All Expert Shops are up and running for the crafter in you,
    Stroll down Diversity Avenue where all the Races are represented,
    Housing for those who wish to stay for a few days and enjoy the scenery,
    Hammocks, benches, a gazebo and even a pond to dip your weary feet for shorter stays,
    A yet to be stocked tavern to sate your hunger and quench your thirst,
    Nice grassy areas to lay out in the northern sun, let the kiddies romp around,
    And a library for your studious types to sit back, relax, and read a book or play some checkers

Even if it's just to take a gander...

Come on out to Trandalar: Valley of Repose...you just might like what you find!

Aaelefein,
    Planner, Architect, Builder*

*Thanks also to previously named players but who wish to remain behind the scenes

NOTE: Public Access Storage is limited to the 4 Journeyman and the Center 2 Single-Machine Shops

(Stack: 20 - Bulk: 2,400,000)
    Spirit Brothers

Now that I know how to, will soon also add maps of the plot (what is/is not public storage) as well as Treyvan's Lair. So without further ado...

Here are the pictures from 4 aerial viewpoints:

Looking East

Looking North

Looking South

Looking West
    Spirit Brothers

Hey all, I'm not gone...just having some issues with my eye surgery which started Sunday. Severe irritation and headaches so hopefully I'll find out what is going on during my check up tomorrow (Thursday morning). Today wasn't as bad as yesterday when I could barely keep my eye open, but then I wasn't sitting in front of the monitor all day either and took a couple lie-downs to rest the eye - could simply be over exertion - don't know.
    Spirit Brothers

Get well soon- and take good care!!

If you miss Flame and me: We`ve been hit hard by a summer flu- and its not really getting better- so most of the day we have to stay in bed. See you ingame though:-)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Hey all, I'm still around and haven't left. Besides being busy outside - when allowed - had a set-back with my eye surgery back in the beginning of July. Same eye, the retina detached in a different spot and had to go in for another eye surgery this week. Now my eye ball is filled with silicone oil which will have to be removed (via another operation) in 3 - 6 months. Fortunately they'll be able to do the cataract surgery at the same time.
    Spirit Brothers

Your plot looks amazing Ael!

Thank you very much!!

Hopefully I'll start showing up again when the snow starts flying. Still have a dragon lair to finish nearby as well.

Hopefully will have the new garage finished by/before the end of the month. Should be calling the garage door installers next week. Finishing the ceiling this weekend and hope to have the interior painted so I can then finish the electrical work. After that the only pending item is the double-door for the back of the garage for the tractor and other tools to be taken in/out. Other than that I'm in good shape for winter.

Eye seems to be healing better this time though still a bit tender from the second surgery I had 3 weeks ago.

My biggest problem...so many things drawing my attention: ESO, Pillars of Eternity (Most fun I've had in some time actually), Galactic Civilizations III, Sorcerer King, EVE (about to give up on this though), books, movies and writing. Oh yeah...lets not forget - sleep!!!

Aaelefein

PS. Food is needed too
    Spirit Brothers

Default Update

Been a while since I last made an update here...

First: All Large Expert Shops now have their storage open to the public - Confectioner being the sole exception. The smaller cookie-cutter shops (Cauldron, Paper Press, etc.) , Journeyman and Expert are locked for guild use only.

This should make things a little easier for crafters, especially those working Obsidian and Oak.

Since my September post:
    Had final (looks good so far) eye surgery in early December, with hopefully final cataract procedure done next month.

Garage IS BUILT - and my Jeep loves it!!!!

Some shoulder problems which required some less frequent computer use earlier this month, but with rest and changing of chair and placement of keyboard seems to minimize the issues. Will have to watch to make sure not over doing it, WASD seems to be a precipitating cause.

Of course tis the season - now waiting for head cold to finish clearing up so I'm not using a box of tissues each day

Been a very mild winter really...just barely 3ft of snow total this winter, but with so many melting events have at most half of that on the ground. Currently partly cloudy and 23F - but expecting things to warm up in the next few days with mid-30's and rain/snow predicted in the next few days.

Still playing ESO, dabbling in EVE and looking into a couple new games which I've pledged to: Take on Mars and Camelot Unchained. Once I get a couple issues resolved should be able to start playing the latter next week. Very curious to see what the crafting system is going to be like...almost sounds like it is supposed to be a game-within-a-game.

And of course I have all my other stand alone games which I can't seem to find time to play: Galactic Civilizations III - Sorcerer King - Pillars of Eternity (very good) - Civilization: Beyond Earth - Civilization V and Skyrim.

There just isn't enough hours in the day to do all that as well as read, watch movies and let us not forget eating, sleeping exercising, and socializing with real live, flesh and blood people.

So that should explain why you're not seeing me, and to be honest can't say when I'll stop in for more than a quick visit. I will NOT be giving up my 2 subs though - waited TOO LONG to get this particular plot and Treyvan's nearby lair is a nice compliment (Will be looking into making it's shops accessible as well - maybe next weekend but no promises)

Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Holiday Season.

Aaelefein
    Spirit Brothers

Default Re: Update

Hi fellow VoR dweller, I own the same plot on Chaos. Have to admit yours is laid out much nicer then mine and looks great. I've never been one for decorations as I go for as much storage as can get (not only a packrat I'm the postchild packrat) so I fill every inch of space I can cram a building or silo in.

A safe and wonderful Holiday Season to you too.

Smaug

Love your plot layout. Looks great! No ugly silo farms, everything is properly spaced out and you have sidewalks. This is how plots should look Using the t1 silos as a wall on one side is a great planning idea and they look soo much better than tall silos.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Love your plot layout. Looks great! No ugly silo farms, everything is properly spaced out and you have sidewalks. This is how plots should look Using the t1 silos as a wall on one side is a great planning idea and they look soo much better than tall silos.
    Thanks...and those are storehouses to support my effort to make foods. The shop and barn are holding mostly the rare stuffs - and even then I could use probably twice the number of store houses. Several types of milk products, some recipes need raw, diced, or some other form of meat, fruit or vegetable and so forth. Remember my old 100x100 plot - had 20 T4 Storehouses as well as a barn and I still had to shuffle things around with rares in a few tents.

But again...thanks for the nice comments Smaug and Guaran...

And Smaug...I used to be the same way - until they made the changes to the shops - best thing they have done in the game I think. Seriously reduced the number of building that have to be built, and loaded into memory.
    Spirit Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Hi fellow VoR dweller, I own the same plot on Chaos. Have to admit yours is laid out much nicer then mine and looks great. I've never been one for decorations as I go for as much storage as can get (not only a packrat I'm the postchild packrat) so I fill every inch of space I can cram a building or silo in.

A safe and wonderful Holiday Season to you too.

Smaug
    Also want to add...

One of my inspirations I had for a large plot such as this one...a gathering place. Whether it's a Craftfest, a watering hole during one's travels, or a place to hold parties (even have housing for overnight or vacation stays), or even a wedding (hence the gazebo) - wanted the place to be warm and inviting to all who might visit.

Also the reason the nice patio with a clock, benches, tavern and such are the first thing people see when they head that direction from the arrival pad.

Follow the road towards the woodworking area and you come to the nicely manicured lawns between the four houses - while all the 'industrial' stuff is tucked in the back, but again nicely laid out with some green open space between the shops.

And for those that want a quiet place to sit back and ponder the questions of the universe or curl up with one's favorite book, the library is tucked in the middle at the end of the Sidewalk of Honor where pennants are hoisted in recognition of all the races aligned against the Aegis.
    Spirit Brothers

Thread Information