Thread: Move relevant resources on AI closer to their respective machines (or vice versa)

Default Move relevant resources on AI closer to their respective machines (or vice versa)

One of the things I don't understand about Abandoned Island is why the Clothworking, Essence, and Tannery Shops are so far away from their respective resources. The majority of the kenaf on the island takes over 2 minutes to run from there to the Clothworking Shop with a full disk (after sprinting twice), and not much less on the return trip. After talking it over with several people in Marketplace chat, I feel that the placement of these and other resources should be moved closer to their respective machines, so that AI can finally become a viable location for painless crafting. Alternatively, the machines could be moved instead if that's an easier solution.

Also, the clothworking shop is turned backwards and hard to access now, and it blocks the road with the back end now, too. I'd like to see that fixed.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Default Re: Move relevant resources on AI closer to their respective machines (or vice versa)

Just rebuilt the clothworking shop in aug across from the cotton and that too is backwords you have to go onto the grass to enter no longer can you enter from the road.. Thanks, Lillyjo Chaos server.

Default Re: Move relevant resources on AI closer to their respective machines (or vice versa)

Being little, I just ran under the shop to get at the machines easily. Just curious if you can reach the machines from the back side of the shop? If the range on them is big enough, you may not have to actually go in to use the machines.

You can as Sslik, but only if you're right up against the wall of the shop. Either way, for aesthetic purposes, a fix is needed for the positioning.

But more importantly, having to travel the length of AI to grab the raw kenaf to find out wasn't fun at all, and I hope that changes sooner rather than later.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Quote Originally Posted by Tathar View Post
    But more importantly, having to travel the length of AI to grab the raw kenaf to find out wasn't fun at all, and I hope that changes sooner rather than later.
    ? When I was building T2 shops, I found kenaf all along the northern shore of AI, between the clothworking shelter and the essence circle. There was much more than I used around the essence circle itself, and the field closest to the shelter recovered after a diskload at the other. What field of kenaf have you been using?

*Edit* Taking a look at my map, it does look like it would make more sense to switch the locations of the clothworking shop and the essence circle on AI. The others seem fine where they are to me.
    Last edited by awdz; July 4th, 2015 at 01:08 PM.

The tannery is also a good distance away from its relevant resources. The majority of the kenaf on the island is located just behind the tannery, which is why I feel that's the better location for the clothworking center than where the essence shaper is. Once you've been gathering kenaf from the island for an hour or so, or less if other people are doing the same, the kenaf near the tannery becomes the only place with any nodes left. You literally have to run from one end of the island to the other at that point.

However, moving the nodes instead would be the ideal option, since the more important shops are in good locations relative to the portal and pad, and because I'm not sure how easy it is to move the shops anyway. That would also present a good opportunity to move the linked slate nodes from just past the tannery's kenaf to near the stoneworking shop. Only a handful of slate is nearby that shop, and the majority is across the island's length. Like with the kenaf, this isn't enough to do any meaningful construction work in the area.
    Check out our wares!

Good ideas. The resource nodes on Abandoned Isle has been adjusted, mostly across the eastern part of island. Relevant resources will spawn near the relevant machines now. Applied to Delta 276.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information