Thread: Keyboard layout keeps changing then and when

Unhappy Keyboard layout keeps changing then and when

Hey everyone,

it's really bleh when the game just decides again to change my keyboard language to be english keyboard (I'm german so I have a qwertz-keyboard).

It's ONLY within Istaria where my keyboard will be english then. Anywhere else I have my normal german keyboard layout.

Currently I don't know any other way but relogging as it then has returned to normal again.

It wouldn't be a problem for me to type the y on the keyboard layout. But other special characters have changed of course as well (like ( ) ") and I don't want to guess each time anew where they were on the english keyboard...
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Default Re: Keyboard layout keeps changing then and when

Check this article. Although it's referring to games/programs changing from English UK to English USA, I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for German.

I haven't played much with the Language in Control Panel. If you don't want to remove English 100% (but keep both English and German available), then Method #2 is might be useful.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...98c5542?auth=1

If you want to look at other articles, then google these keywords "prevent games changing keyboard language"
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Only that I only have german keyboard layout in the control panel and that the change are only within Istaria.

I'm running Istaria in window mode. When the change happens, I write with english keyboard layout in Istaria and when I switch with alt+tab to e.g. my browser, I have my german layout again.

The Microsoft article sounds to me like the changes are system wide then. But for me it's only Istaria wide
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

I have the same problem it changes keyboard layout sometimes and i have no clue where it comes from. In Windows i removed all key binding for the keyboard language change options. I'm using Windows 7 and and i had the same thing some years ago with Windows XP too.

It depends which server board I think is which.

A friend of mine (who has now quit) had this problem with his German keyboard as well a few years ago. A relog would fix it but it'd just randomly change back out of nowhere.

Thread Information