Thread: Master Crafters should get...

Default Master Crafters should get...

Its an insult to see 2's and 3's even 1's sometimes and the worse "fail to gather anything" when your a Master Crafter.

Once someone becomes a Master Crafter they should get max amount when harvesting, gathering, mining, quarrying, and Lumbering as a reward for all the hard work took to get their Master rating.

Smaug

PS: yes i do have a Biped with Master rating

Default Re: Master Crafters should get...

I agree. Though I´m not a master crafter I think it is really weird with a lvl 100 craft gathering a T1 resource to fail to gather anything . (same for T2, T3)

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I have to agree...and think it might be a way to make the Grand Master Crafter title worth something by boosting one's harvesting. Along the same lines, it might be interesting to see about specific boosts when a craft specific title is used while the matching school is currently active - boost to related skills and or harvesting.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Opps I did mean Grand Master Crafter. Left off the Grand, can't edit now

Smaug

I support this fully even though 11 years later I am still not one

not sure I agree that it should be max for tier 6 perhaps have it max - tier of resource...so for example say make is 13...

tier 1 would be either 12 or 13

tier 6 would be between 7-13

would this even be possible?
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Perhaps it could be arranged by tier so that your gathering abilities prevent you from failing to gather in tiers you have already reached optimum in.

For example you get Mining III at level 40 craft which allows you to gather gold and steel/dark iron, you would be optimum at gathering iron and silver at that level so once you get the mining III ability you can no longer fail to gather t1 or t2 metals but can still fail to gather t3. At 100 craft you would never fail to gather in t1-t5 but t6 you would still get the occasional failure.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Sometimes, iron pyrite is still iron pyrite, no matter how you much wish it otherwise.

*flees from Justice*
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Most miners after years of work and experience would know the difference. So yes after so long someone would know good from bad. So that is not an excuse for 1s and 0s. My biggest disappointment is the "star" rewards. What good are they? Do they do anything at all but look good? Why have them or GMC id they don't add just a little something? Thanks. Slimey

I'm not sure what the GMC Emblem would give, but you could have the other crafting emblems give a bonus to the primary skills in whatever class you got them for. Example: the Expert Mason emblem could give +25 masonry and the Expert Spellcrafter emblem could give +25 spellcrafting.
    I just lost the game.

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Its an insult to see 2's and 3's even 1's sometimes and the worse "fail to gather anything" when your a Master Crafter.
    Agree, a master Miner/Gatherer should not see low results, or especially fail, when collecting. The Master Crafter award should give +2 or +3 to the amount gathered, so that you never see 1s or fails.

For a master of other crafts, give them a bonus to the crafting success rate, so that they can craft at 100% using less materials. (I don't think Masters of non-gathering crafts should get a gathering bonus.)

The construction crafts should get a different bonus. Any suggestions?
    --
    Daulnay
    Tamlis Askereth, Saris, Order
    Thorncloud Moonskimmer, Dragon, Order

I mistitled the thread. Meant to say GRAND Master Crafters should get max for gathering as a bonus for mastering ALL crafting schools. Though I wouldn't be against what other suggestions been posted here.

Smaug

Thread Information